• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Club House

ShadowFold

System Name The ShadowFold Draconis (Ordering soon)
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8ghz
Motherboard ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870
Cooling Stock
Memory Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) XFX ATi Radeon HD 5850 1gb
Storage Western Digital 640gb
Display(s) Acer 21.5" 5ms Full HD 1920x1080P
Case Antec Nine-Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Creative "Fatal1ty" Headset
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 650w
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Benchmark Scores -❶-❸-❸-❼-

Scavenger, Trespasser, Adventurer, Loner, Killer, Explorer, Robber
This club is for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R game fans that played or still playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. This club is for sharing mods, talking about news, helping each other and getting new players to play this amazing game! If you want to make some banners or signitures just post them and I will put them up here, I suck with photoshop :p

If you want to join, ask! Just say you want to join and if you have Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky or both.

-Must Have Clear Sky Mods-

Better lighting, Depth of Field, and FPS!(HIGHLY recommended!) - http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Better_Lighting_Depth_of_Field_and_FPS;93997
S.H.A.R.P.E.R. - FULL version - 832 textures!(512mb card recommended) - http://stalker.filefront.com/file/SHARPER_FULL_version_832_textures;94212
Carry 500kg(for the dirty cheaters[like me :p]) http://stalker.filefront.com/file/CLEAR_SKY_Carry_More;93869
Easy Start - Detector Mod!(HIGHLY recommend!) - http://stalker.filefront.com/file/EasyStart_DetectorMod_1504;93912
Better Weather/Lighting(For 9800GTX/HD4850+ only!) http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Additional_Sunshafts_and_Weather_Pack;94125
Better ground Textureshttp://stalker.filefront.com/file/Terrain_Pack;94510x#1648833

Members
  1. Shadowfold [Clear Sky and Shadow of Chernobyl]
  2. imperialreign [Clear Sky and Shadow of Chernobyl]
  3. lemonadesoda [Shadow of Chernobyl]
  4. gerrynicol [Clear Sky and Shadow of Chernobyl]
  5. DOM [Clear Sky and Shadow of Chernobyl]
  6. DrPepper [Shadow of Chernobyl]
  7. DeathTyrant [Clear Sky and Shadow of Chernobyl]
  8. Dr. Spankenstein [Shadow of Chernobyl]
  9. Gam'ster [Shadow of Chernobyl]
  10. Chicken Patty [Shadow of Chernobyl]
  11. Ben Clarke [Clear Sky and Shadow of Chernobyl]
  12. Ketxxx [Shadow of Chernobyl]
  13. InnocentCriminal [Clear Sky and Shadow of Chernobyl]
  14. ShogoXT [Shadow of Chernobyl]
  15. CDdude55 [Clear Sky and Shadow of Chernobyl]
  16. Flyordie [Clear Sky]

Best places to buy S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl online
US- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832193105

Best places to buy S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky(prequel) online
US- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832193024&Tpk=STALKER CLEAR SKY

Last edited:
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
System Name Hells Core.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard Asus Crosshair hero viii (wifi) x570
Cooling AlphaCool Aurora 420mm
Memory Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 4133MHz 32GB Kit
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio 3070
Storage Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU
Case Thermaltake Core X71
Power Supply Corsair RM850 80 plus gold
Software Windows 10
I got the game with my mobo m8 but aint had chance to play it yet i tend to wear one game out before i move to the next lol.

jbunch07

Processor i5-2500k
Motherboard ASRock z68 pro3-m
Cooling Corsair A70
Memory Kingston HyperX 8GB 2 x 4GB 1600mhz
Storage OCZ Agility3 60GB(boot) 2x320GB Raid0(storage)
Display(s) Samsung 24" 1920x1200
Case Custom
Power Supply PC Power and Cooling 750w
Software Win 7 x64
i really want this game and clear sky...whats gameplay like?
they both look like awesome games!

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
Great game, love it. Would be useful if was can ask "is it a bug"... type of question. We all know its a bit buggy. Whats horrible, is not knowing if a task bug will stop you from completing the game. E.g. trader locks door, even though the console says "get task from trader", or if one of the green markers gets stuck on a dead guy... do we need info from him that he cant give us anymore, etc.

there are also a number of mods, like the mod that improves the graphics, and the mod that allows you to finish the game... and keep playing. Anyone tried these mods?

Processor AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3.825ghz 1.36v
Motherboard ASRock x370 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-C14s
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB 16gb 3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 ti
Display(s) LG 4k IPS
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 + more fans
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply EVGA P2 750w
Mouse G900
Keyboard G810
Software Windows 10 Pro
Its a very difficult game to get used to. Especially how crummy the weapon accuracy is early on. Im right before going into the brain scorcher area in red forest and have yet to beat the game. I will say its probably the main cause of why I want a new video card so badly. (FYI if you have a 2900xt, run it with CAT AI to advanced). 1440x900 on a 24inch widescreen doesnt look so great, especially when looking at the telephone pole wires and powerlines running by. There are alot of them so it just bugs you when they are like stair steps.

Also dont expect to commando anything and own the game, if you get too close to a gun barrel you WILL DIE. At least until you get some good armor (im using the green suit from the scientist guy).

Also took my forever to figure out how to kill the strange "spark" thing from before. I thought shooting at the floating light wouldnt do much.

Processor Q6600 @ 3600mhz with 1600fsb
Motherboard Asus P5E x38
Cooling Zalman CPU, and 4x120mm fans
Memory 2 gig(2x1gig) Crucial ballistix 4gig(4x2gig) Corsair
Video Card(s) ATI 4850
Storage 150gig Raptorx/wd 320gig/2x raptor 37gig
Display(s) Samsung SnycMaster 906bw/acer 19inch
Case Lian Li PC V1000II
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-FI
Power Supply 600w Silverstone ATX
Software vista 64, fruityloops, COD4, TF2, HL2
Benchmark Scores 15983 3dmark06
I need some help with the game. I got it off steam a few months ago, and I played it once. I wanted to try it again last week and it wont load. The splash screen comes up and just sits there and if you try to click anything it says program XR_8A has stopped working. I have tried reinstalling it. but still the same thing. I have looked all over the internet and i cant find a fix.

ex_reven

This game was heaps fun.
Running around constantly was a bit annoying tho.

It would be good if you could get motor cycles and such.
The ending and the last few areas were a bit of a let down tho.
Id defo like to play clear sky.

On another note, starting the game and finding the stalker suit instead of the regular default armour makes it so much easier to play.

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
Its a very difficult game to get used to. Especially how crummy the weapon accuracy is early on.
TBH, I found the game quite easy. I tried stalker level. Was too easy, then switched to the next level up. (One down from the highest).
BUT, and a big but, I'm a SOF2 player, and know, and play, via 3 very important tactics:

1./ Turn off weapon automatic fire, unless at close range. Use single shots only, and pick off the target one bullet at a time.

2./ Crouch and shoot, for greater accuracy and smaller hit target.

3./ Use all the objects as a barrier/shield. LEAN around and pick off a few bullets at the target.

Unless you get caught by surprise from behind, this is a winning strategy. Shotties or automatic fire required at close quarters.

Also took my forever to figure out how to kill the strange "spark" thing from before. I thought shooting at the floating light wouldnt do much.
The spark and the brain scorcher were a bit odd, and TBH, disappointing, and also, non-obvious.

I got the "bad ending" with the money. When I played it, I never found the code-unlocker, so I havent seen the "correct" ending sequence. But if what I've read is true... that you have to warp from one spot to the next to the next etc, thats really POOR imagination by the game designers, and is a BIT LET DOWN. They should have come up with something else.

I'm interested in the next installation (prequel). Not sure that it "fits" very well, going back in time and doing something else. Perhaps it would have been better to just be another character and play the whole episode from another perspective, with different maps, different enemy AI, BUT similarity of maps as you get close to the power station.

Last edited:

ex_reven

I got the "bad ending" with the money. When I played it, I never found the code-unlocker, so I havent seen the "correct" ending sequence. But if what I've read is true... that you have to warp from one spot to the next to the next etc, thats really POOR imagination by the game designers, and is a BIT LET DOWN. They should have come up with something else.

Watch them all on youtube if you like :)

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
Its a very difficult game to get used to. Especially how crummy the weapon accuracy is early on. Im right before going into the brain scorcher area in red forest and have yet to beat the game. I will say its probably the main cause of why I want a new video card so badly. (FYI if you have a 2900xt, run it with CAT AI to advanced). 1440x900 on a 24inch widescreen doesnt look so great, especially when looking at the telephone pole wires and powerlines running by. There are alot of them so it just bugs you when they are like stair steps.

Also dont expect to commando anything and own the game, if you get too close to a gun barrel you WILL DIE. At least until you get some good armor (im using the green suit from the scientist guy).

I truly loved this game, and am still playing it through again. I love the amount of freedom, and the ability to explore and move along with the story line at your own pace.

But, yeah, it's a bit buggy. Although, can be easily overlooked, IMO. I have high hopes for Clear Sky, considering that it appears that the devs have spent a lot of time with the fan community on it - even going so far as to ask the fans for side quest ideas and such. A couple of things I'd really like to see: a sleeping bag capability - cause it's not much fun hunting bloodsuckers or controllers at night, even with blue nightvision! the ability to switch between russian an english NPC dialouges - I loved how everyone spoke russian, but I only understand bits and pieces, and it drives me nuts trying to figure out what is being said! Longer nighttime hours; nighttime only seems to last for 4-6 in-game hours, which is unrealisticly short. I'd also like to see a change to AI awareness - if you kill a freedom or duty soldier, all their buddies become your enemy. That's cool if other NPCs are right there when it happens, but when the next buddy is a good 500 meters away and not within line-of-sight . . .

Otherwise, I loved the innacuracy of weapons - it made it more of a challenge, especially with sniping. I also enjoyed how your weapons accuracy decreased as it became more worn out, and you could also see how your armor was doing as it wore out as well.

Hint: for other who haven't figured it out, set your weapon to single-shot (if possible), instead of automatic fire, even if you shoot away like mad, it's a lot more accurate. Your finger might get a little worn out, though :D Just go for the headshots!

The only enemies I hate facing, though, are the bloodsuckers. Especially after your hear one of them, and you know it's near - but can't see the damn thing until it's near about upon you! That, and it takes usually a full clip on a GP37 with AP rounds to take one down from a distance. Pick up the threaded SP14 with some slug rounds, though, and they're gone once they're within striking distance.

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
STALKER Club House

Had to lol :p

but I like that Shadow of Chernobyl has alot of mods even full mods

but need new card for Clear Sky :(

gerrynicol

System Name Home built
Processor Core i7-920 4.0Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6t OC
Cooling Akasa Nero
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-1348Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX GTX 285 SLi
Storage 160GB, 250GB, 320GB
Display(s) 24" dell(1920X1200)
Case Coolermaster HAF
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Prelude, logitech Z5500
Power Supply Corsair HX 1K
Software 7 ultimate 64
Awsome game, completed it on all diff settings, had a blast every time. Can't wait till CS comes out, in fact I have it on pre-order now lol

ShadowFold

Cooling Stock
Case Antec Nine-Hundred
STALKER Club House

Had to lol :p

but I like that Shadow of Chernobyl has alot of mods even full mods

but need new card for Clear Sky :(

Naw, it uses the same engine as SoC but with DX10 effects. But you cant use them anyway. If my friend doesnt buy my HD3850 512mb you wanna buy it :)

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
Naw, it uses the same engine as SoC but with DX10 effects. But you cant use them anyway. If my friend doesnt buy my HD3850 512mb you wanna buy it :)
no money :( and I would get a 48XX card if I where to get a new one

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Just had I think the worst scare ever in STALKER last night - I was heading towards Cordon through the Garbage, and ran into a psuedodog at the area kitty-corner from the car park (y'know, where bandits usually hang out). Anyhow, there's usually two there, but this time only one - sniped it from a distance . . . so I head over that way to see if I can snag a tail off it, and was strafing past one of the large blocks, and my eye catches something on the side of the screen - I whip that way just to hear a snarl and see the other psuedodog lunge at me from only a few meters away! :twitch: Never heard the beast, it didn't hear me until I walked past it, not knowing it was there; thank god I had my GP37 set to single shot, or I might have unloaded a whole clip of AP rounds into the dirt and air :laugh:

Anyhow - I was curious as to an issue I've been running into recently . . . anyone with a crossfire (or SLI) setup, have you run into a problem where you'll intermitently lose a card, performance wise? Out of nowhere, my FPS will drop through the floor, and I'll start running into a lot of stuttering - I lose a GPU. It can't be from overheating, cause escaping to the menu and then Alt+Tabing out to the desktop and back into the game restores things to normal. Sometimes I'll use vid_restart from the command console and on occasion that works; but even still, once back to normal, it doesn't take long before it's back down to one.

I thought, at first, that it was from the 8.4 CAT, so I uninstalled and rolled back to 8.2; but still does the same thing.

Any ideas?

ShadowFold

Cooling Stock
Case Antec Nine-Hundred
I love random stuff like that :rockout:

Anyone know of any good mods that give you unlimited ammo and free guns? I beat the game twice already and I wanna beat it the easy way :laugh:

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
Add me I loved playing this game and I hated it sometimes. Mostly I love it, My biggest problem was what to carry and when I couldn't decide what to take and what to leave :laugh:

jbunch07

Processor i5-2500k
Cooling Corsair A70
Case Custom
Software Win 7 x64
grrr you guys are making me want this game so bad!

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
grrr you guys are making me want this game so bad!

buy it then, dammit!

Believe us, it's defi worth it - even more so since it's been reduced to the bargain bin in most places.

Anyone on that crossfire issue? :confused:

ShadowFold

Cooling Stock
Case Antec Nine-Hundred

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Its 20$ on steam!

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=4500&cc=US

What patch are you on imperial? Did you try the latest?

1.006 [US]

still running CAT 8.2, ATM.

I thought it mighta been an issue with the Float32 mod - but it does it running STALKER "vanilla".

So, I went and installed the "weather overhaul 2.2.1" mod - friggin beautiful!

still does it, though, which is frustrating - but at least IQ kicks ass right now! :laugh: Makes it easier on the eyes when I lose a GPU and start running at 22-30 FPS.

ShadowFold

Cooling Stock
Case Antec Nine-Hundred
Whats the best optimization mod? And anything on unlimited ammo and free guns :laugh:

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет

jbunch07

Processor i5-2500k
Cooling Corsair A70
Case Custom
Software Win 7 x64
sry to interrupt your convo guys but i have a quick question?
do i have to play Shadow of Chernobyl first to understand Clear Sky?

ShadowFold

Cooling Stock
Case Antec Nine-Hundred