• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Newegg starts selling Palits!

Deathshead

how about a single card design that will take 2 8800gt gpus, 1gb of ram clocked up and retail for $200?
:)

I am not sure - I would just care how it clocks and how many point I could get with it on HWBOT but then again I don't think it is that much points...

DeadlyNinja

Hey Palit Guy, I randomly stumbled into this thread and took over an hour trying to read through everything (although I skimmed quite a bit). After reading, I'm very impressed and now I'm also considering buying a card from Palit, but I also have a few question I was wondering if you could help me with.

Do you know anything about AMD's 3830? I heard it was suppose to be coming out this month. What about the 9600GS? I'm just a regular PC gamer and I'm more than happy with at resolutions of 1280x1024 or even 1024x768. So far, both Nvidia and AMD's offering in the low end segment's disappointing, and I kept hoping for something good to come along, but to no avail.

I also have a few suggestions. Keep in mind I haven't had the chance to check the official site yet, so I'm not sure if the info is there.

I was wondering if you guys could put up the PSU requirements for every card on your site. That would be very helpful. Not many people think about these things, and they tend to be overlooked, but I think it's the little things like this that could kill it. I had a friend who bought a 7900GS a year ago, only to find out his 300W PSU wasn't enough. The strange thing about it is that I lent him my X1650XT to try out on his PC and it worked like a charm. I also have a 300W PSU. What's even weirder is that the after some research, the X1650XT actually draws more power than the 7900GS and it didn't require an extra power connector. It would be helpful to find out such information beforehand. Again, I also have a 300W PSU, and while buying a better one isn't the issue, I'm just really lazy and don't feel like pulling everything out. I'm not a big time PC game player, so I don't need anything that powerful to begin with. I've been eyeing the 8800GS but not sure if I should wait to see the 9600GS/3830.

Now about the warranty. Someone has already mentioned the positive side of lifetime warranty, so I won't bother going through it again, but I was wondering if it's possible to convince you guys to at least increase it by another year. Although if your products are well made, it really isn't needed.

Is your RMA process quick and painless? You see, I had a VERY painful RMA experience with my X1650XT. I got it from HIS and it died after maybe 1 1/2 month of using it. It took HIS an entire week to respond to my request, and took like 3 weeks just to get the information on who to contact and where to send it to. Then after that, it took like another 40 days or so before the card would come back. After that, I got paranoid and thought about switching to companies with better warranty. It was my very first video card too. I have VERY bad luck with electronics. My first computer was dead the day I got it. My first digital camera was faulty the day I got it, and my first video card died after less than 2 months. So you see why I'm so paranoid. Now, my X1650XT is dying (a little over a year now if you include the time in repairs) and I'm thinking about buying something new.

BTW, I love the frog. Reminds me of Slippy from Star Fox.

Last edited:

GJSNeptune

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 (with Scythe SFF21E)
Memory 2x1GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CAS4 DHX
Video Card(s) PALiT 9800GTX 512MB PCI-E
Storage WD2500AAKS, WD1600YS, WD1200JD, WD400EB
Display(s) LG L1920P, Viewsonic VA520
Case Lian-Li A05b (with two 120mm Yate Loon D12SM)
Power Supply Corsair HX520
Software Vista Business 32-bit/XP Pro 32-bit dual-boot
I think we should kill this thread and start one that doesn't pertain to a retailer. Something more like...

The Official Palit A**-Kissing Thread (with Q&A too)

GJSNeptune

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 (with Scythe SFF21E)
Memory 2x1GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CAS4 DHX
Video Card(s) PALiT 9800GTX 512MB PCI-E
Storage WD2500AAKS, WD1600YS, WD1200JD, WD400EB
Display(s) LG L1920P, Viewsonic VA520
Case Lian-Li A05b (with two 120mm Yate Loon D12SM)
Power Supply Corsair HX520
Software Vista Business 32-bit/XP Pro 32-bit dual-boot
People normally use the first dimension when not using both.

1280x1024/768 is 1280.
1024x768 is 1024.

Palit_Guy

Palit Representative
Here's a trick for everyone. I'm cooking up a scheme to reward those of you that talk about Palit stuff. We're doing another sale this weekend that will be a coupon code good for $10 off instantly when you check out.

I'm thinking about having them give me a few extra codes that I won't publish. The first ten people that PM me with a request for one of those codes will be able to post that code wherever they like.

For every person that buys a card using that coupon code, the person assigned that code will get 1 point. You collect points until you want to spend them on a Palit card. The conversion rate is $1 per point so just look up how much the card costs and you'll know how many points you have to spend. I would like to try that out on Tigerdirect.

Tiger can tell me how many times a particular code was used so we can very accurately track the number of points people accrue. So if someone goes nuts and 1,000 people to use their coupon code, you could redeem your points for five cards worth $200 each.

Obviously you won't need THAT many video cards. I would suggest using the extras as gifts or just selling them outright on eBay or something.