• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Phenom FX in the Works, AMD to take Another shot at...Kentsfield

Abu Assar

Deneb 4 GHz is FAKE

hi all

regarding the original thread , it is an old screen shot of an oc'd deneb
and the real voltage is 1.475 not 1.168 as cpu-z did't read it correctly .

here is the original screen shot which the reviewage site faked shamefully :

and for more info refer to this topic in amd forums:
http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=318&threadid=99307&enterthread=y

so , please btarunr state this facts on the first post , because this hurts AMD greatly
as over hyping their product will only means that it has a very little chance to meet the expectations .

and let's play the wait and see game

no more deneb rumors and over hyping fake news please .

Last edited:
System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
Your just posting the same thing thats been hashed and rehashed in this thread. I think that screenshot or dirations of it have been posted at least 3 times in this thread already.

Abu Assar

if it has been posted earlier then i apologies for the redundancy

and that's why I asked btarunr to state this in the first post , as this thread is 11 pages so far and this post will be buried in two days .

Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Windows 10 Pro
And do you have solid proof that its a fake?

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 360 A-RGB // X12 Phanteks D30-120 D-RGB Fans
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO
Storage Samsung Pro 980 2TB NVMe (OS and Games) // WD Black 10TB HDD (Storage)
Display(s) SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh, WQHD Computer Monito
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1200, 1200W 80+ Gold, ATX 3.0
Software Windows 11 Pro

X1REME

hi all

regarding the original thread , it is an old screen shot of an oc'd deneb
and the real voltage is 1.475 not 1.168 as cpu-z did't read it correctly .

here is the original screen shot which the reviewage site faked shamefully :

and for more info refer to this topic in amd forums:
http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=318&threadid=99307&enterthread=y

so , please btarunr state this facts on the first post , because this hurts AMD greatly
as over hyping their product will only means that it has a very little chance to meet the expectations .

and let's play the wait and see game

no more deneb rumors and over hyping fake news please .

that shot isn't from reviewage, so stop lying please.

I already posted that shot saying no one really knows what is what (voltage and for some reason the stepping is not shown) please read from the start and you will see that this shot is from the site below. look at the STEPPING (right now its over c1/2) deneb processor is based on C0 stepping . It is assumed that C0/? stepping will replace present B3 stepping , which are based on 65 nm processors phenom.

this is the site that posted that picture, good try though :p
http://www.expreview.com/news/hard/2008-08-01/1217578981d9645.html

this url shows the OEM/standard (not FX) cpu the deneb will most likely come as 3+ghz and even they will overclock to over 4ghz which we all know (@ 4ghz not even you will be disappointed matey)
http://www.expreview.com/news/hard/2008-07-12/1215832034d9447.html

Last edited:

Abu Assar

by fake I meant that this piece of news from the reviewage site is not real , they based their conclusions on an over-clocked phenom , and putting their badge on it , and trying to convenience us that phenom fx will be 4 GHz on 1.167v WITHOUT ANY LIABLE SOURCES .

and this is what I called over hyping the deneb , and this hurts AMD more than benefiting them .

I'm an AMD fan , and I wish they regain the performance crown as much as the next guy , but
spreading fake ... umm , spreading not so reliable news from an unknown and dishonest site is not a good thing for AMD , as I said before .

anyway , I really want to believe that it is true , but not through reviewage .

btw, thanks X1REME for the original review site , I took the screen shot from the AMD forum thread I posted its link in the previous post .

Last edited:
Let's wait and see, but my oponion is :
This is fake.

Unless Phenom FX architecture is 100% different from Phenom Deneb and Phenom Agena. Can AMD comes up with a new architecture this fast?
Phenom FX over 4GHz and this is stock speed at extreme low voltage. This is like 2-3 years in the future.

Everyone know that Intel Core 2 Duo can clock really high at low voltage, but why Intel didn't clock it higher? If I remember right, the researchers intended to make a CPU that can run at least 10 years without problems.

So, a Phenom FX 45nm over 4GHz at extreme low voltage, suprassed all current techs, and this can last lat least 10 years without problems. I think this is really hard to believe.

X1REME

by fake I meant that this piece of news from the reviewage site is not real , they based their conclusions on an over-clocked phenom , and putting their badge on it , and trying to convenience us that phenom fx will be 4 GHz on 1.167v WITHOUT ANY LIABLE SOURCES .

and this is what I called over hyping the deneb , and this hurts AMD more than benefiting them .

I'm an AMD fan , and I wish they regain the performance crown as much as the next guy , but
spreading fake ... umm , spreading not so reliable news from an unknown and dishonest site is not a good thing for AMD , as I said before .

anyway , I really want to believe that it is true , but not through reviewage .

btw, thanks X1REME for the original review site , I took the screen shot from the AMD forum thread I posted its link in the previous post .

hi, i know what you mean by over hyping. every response i make is more than double checked for its source and verify with others sites as they are samples most likely but will most defiantly over clock over 4ghz as even the phenom gets there with some help (ln2) . and even amd people say it will be 3+ghz (OEM not FX).

currently i have an Intel set-up with ATi gpu but will go all amd very soon (spider platform), just like before the c2d, why? because the i7 will cost you an arm and a leg to adopt and personally i think people like not so informed should be aware that there is going to be an alternative from AMD which will hopefully cost half the price and be up to par performance.

You have to understand AMD is not as rich as Intel and fan boys like you (No offence) actually advertise for it from forums etc. (just like the gpu)

Also dont forget that AMD constantly lives with the fear that it is out-resourced and out-spent compared to Intel. If it reveals too much about its future strategy and Intel likes that strategy there is a theoretical chance that Intel could take this idea and deliver a product way before AMD. This was probably a key reason for the company to switch its entire communications strategy and remains completely quiet (e.g GPU) about a new product until it exactly knows its specs/place and capabilities, and is convinced that Nvidia/Intel can’t beat it to market anymore.

X1REME

Let's wait and see, but my oponion is :
This is fake.

Unless Phenom FX architecture is 100% different from Phenom Deneb and Phenom Agena. Can AMD comes up with a new architecture this fast?
Phenom FX over 4GHz and this is stock speed at extreme low voltage. This is like 2-3 years in the future.

Everyone know that Intel Core 2 Duo can clock really high at low voltage, but why Intel didn't clock it higher? If I remember right, the researchers intended to make a CPU that can run at least 10 years without problems.

So, a Phenom FX 45nm over 4GHz at extreme low voltage, suprassed all current techs, and this can last lat least 10 years without problems. I think this is really hard to believe.

Its not 100% different but 50% different (K10 to K10.5 then 2?% to K10.5 Rev D) and this is the same architecture as K8-K9-K10 but ironed out bugs as the erratum problems with phenom. as you can see the AMD X4 Phenom (Agena) is already hitting 4.050ghz which was impossible before.

as you can see Intel is ahead of AMD (6 to 12 Months) and the only way to catch up was to miss a few on the road map (I have already listed and showed the road map in the previous post)

sorry mate but having a CPU in this age and day for 10 years is ridiculess, not saying AMD will go down that path (Nvidia Anyone)

The 10 years CPU isn't because people going to use it for 10 years, It prove the reliable for the CPU. And this is IMPORTANCE for servers.

Many retailers have life-time warranty for their products, but that not what they wanted to tell customers, they wanted to tell them that "our products can work perfectly fine in years that we confident enough to give you a life-time warranty".

AMD miss few on the road map?

AMD Athlon 90nm -> Brisbane 65nm -> Phenom.

The performance inreassed through new generation is not big. They pushed out Phenom in hurry to have a quad-core. Why don't they just skip Brisbane and go straight to Phenom/Kuma? What the hell were they doing? And now, you're telling me AMD gonna have a Phenom FX clock at 4GHz at extreme low voltage?

I can't see your points. If they say it can be Overclock to 4GHz, I can believe this, but a Phenom default speed at 4GHz will need a hardproof.

I don't want to argure with you over something not released, i'm telling you my points, it depends on you and the way you understand it.

Mouse Logitech G502
Software Windows 10 Pro
Lets not forget the sreeny of the add of that one mobo. Had the Phenom FX logo in it.

Either way, like i said who cares?

Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Display(s) SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh, WQHD Computer Monito
Case Phanteks NV7
Software Windows 11 Pro
System Name Is rly gud
Processor Intel Core i5 11600kf
Motherboard Asus Prime Z590-V ATX
Memory (48GB total) 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport 3000MHZ and G. Skill Ripjaws 32GB 3200MHZ (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3060 12GB
Storage 1TB MSI Spatium M370 NVMe M.2 SSD
Display(s) 32" Viewsonic 4k, 34" Samsung 3440x1440, XP Pen Creative Pro 13.3
Power Supply EVGA 600 80+ Gold
VR HMD Meta Quest Pro, Tundra Trackers
Software Windows 10
It doesn't look right anyway. The size of the text is inconsistent.

Unless it really looks like that...

Case Phanteks NV7
Software Windows 11 Pro
Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
/shakes head

pipe dreams are not real

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
by fake I meant that this piece of news from the reviewage site is not real , they based their conclusions on an over-clocked phenom , and putting their badge on it , and trying to convenience us that phenom fx will be 4 GHz on 1.167v WITHOUT ANY LIABLE SOURCES .(....)

The reliable source is commonsense. Assuming the screenshot at least is real, why would AMD provide a FSB multiplier value which at some point or another, not be implemented into a product (or if the core isn't capable for reliable operation at that FSB x Mul setting)? FX-62 used a 14.0x multiplier, but the max that Windsor could offer was 16.0x, hence it was implemented as X2 6400+, Taken, if 25.0x by Deneb isn't real, 20.0x is right in the screenshot, it's available for the Deneb core, meaning it looks realistic that AMD makes a product out of that value, and look at the VCore to further assert it. It's not like they plugged the chip into the mains either. Follow the link in the first para of the news post, follow its source, read the review where the Chinese team found the 2.30 GHz Deneb peak at ~55W IIRC.

Last edited:

X1REME

The 10 years CPU isn't because people going to use it for 10 years, It prove the reliable for the CPU. And this is IMPORTANCE for servers.

Many retailers have life-time warranty for their products, but that not what they wanted to tell customers, they wanted to tell them that "our products can work perfectly fine in years that we confident enough to give you a life-time warranty".

AMD miss few on the road map?

AMD Athlon 90nm -> Brisbane 65nm -> Phenom.

The performance inreassed through new generation is not big. They pushed out Phenom in hurry to have a quad-core. Why don't they just skip Brisbane and go straight to Phenom/Kuma? What the hell were they doing? And now, you're telling me AMD gonna have a Phenom FX clock at 4GHz at extreme low voltage?

I can't see your points. If they say it can be Overclock to 4GHz, I can believe this, but a Phenom default speed at 4GHz will need a hardproof.

I don't want to argure with you over something not released, i'm telling you my points, it depends on you and the way you understand it.

The deneb is not a server part but a desktop part. the server part is called shanghai and I agree the servers need to be mostly bug free (which is why x3 phenom never made it to the servers/workstations)

The road map in 2009 is going to be drastically different to the one shown (8-12 cores, bulldozer, fusion etc will come earlier or overly changed).

If the OEM DENEB Is 3.2/3.4 and Even 3.6, do you think the Deneb FX will be anything but faster. (Just look at the history of AMD FX) :toast:

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
actually games matter very much as it stimulates the small enthusiast crowd, which in return effects normal users choice in buying. (that's a FACT)

well its funny how Intel can use there (qpi etc) to communicate between there chipsets (server and desktop) so why is it not possible for amd who actually invented it.

i never thought it was between you and me and the road map was for info, to say they are not sticking with it.

certainly it has not been the case in the past e.g. AMD Athlon, opteron etc

you make it sound as if Intel has always been on top form. Intel has amd to thank for their i7 design or should i say Opteron. amd has always been the best designers and they did mess up on k10 ..hardware bug—known as an erratum—affected the clock speeds of AMD's quad-core processors, but that's not to say that's how it will stay
My point was neither are better for gaming. Games are so gpu limited, that just about any quad core is completely unnecessary, regardless of who built it. In that light, neither can really use it to their marketing advantage against their competitor anyway. The point is completely moot for gaming.

And when did I say AMD couldn't use HT? I said the current HT is already faster than what we need. We will see no benefits from increasing it's speed. Only multi-socketed servers will see the benefits.

And the AMD designers did have a great design with K8, AT THE TIME. This is the point you are missing. K10/10.5 are just updates to K8. the architecture itself is aging. AMD needs either a completely new architecture to compete with Intel, or at least some major, MAJOR revisions to K10. The die shrink is not major enough.

You guys can continue to believe this news item, if you wish, but I think you are just setting yourselves up for another disappointment. yes, AMD is making some good tweaks and changes, but you are all failing to realize that Intel is as well. Until AMD releases a new arch, they are gonna stay behind Intel. The Core 2 arch is flat out more efficient than K8/10/10.5.

Furthermore, I seriously doubt we'll even see 3.6GHz deneb released. And if they do, Intel will just answer back with their own high-clocked parts. Besides, didn't AMD hint to 3GHz Phenoms before they even released? We see how that turned out, don't we?

We all know Intel is sandbagging the clock speeds anyway, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing such high overclocks. My quad does 4Ghz on less than 1.4V as it is, let alone the newer 45nm steppings.

AMD is just not gonna win this round. I still hold my hopes up for the next arch tho.

Last edited:

X1REME

My point was neither are better for gaming. Games are so gpu limited, that just about any quad core is completely unnecessary, regardless of who built it. In that light, neither can really use it to their marketing advantage against their competitor anyway. The point is completely moot for gaming.

And when did I say AMD couldn't use HT? I said the current HT is already faster than what we need. We will see no benefits from increasing it's speed. Only multi-socketed servers will see the benefits.

And the AMD designers did have a great design with K8, AT THE TIME. This is the point you are missing. K10/10.5 are just updates to K8. the architecture itself is aging. AMD needs either a completely new architecture to compete with Intel, or at least some major, MAJOR revisions to K10. The die shrink is not major enough.

You guys can continue to believe this news item, if you wish, but I think you are just setting yourselves up for another disappointment. yes, AMD is making some good tweaks and changes, but you are all failing to realize that Intel is as well. Until AMD releases a new arch, they are gonna stay behind Intel. The Core 2 arch is flat out more efficient than K8/10/10.5.

Furthermore, I seriously doubt we'll even see 3.6GHz deneb released. And if they do, Intel will just answer back with their own high-clocked parts. Besides, didn't AMD hint to 3GHz Phenoms before they even released? We see how that turned out, don't we?

We all know Intel is sandbagging the clock speeds anyway, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing such high overclocks. My quad does 4Ghz on less than 1.4V as it is, let alone the newer 45nm steppings.

AMD is just not gonna win this round. I still hold my hopes up for the next arch tho.

lolz I already said k8-k9-k10-k10.5-k10.5 Rev D is the same architecture and where you getting the next architecture from? there isn't any lolz. its all going to be the same with enhancements, which you say don't make a squat of difference (45nm = more transistors = less power usage = more power output = higher clocks = DENEB FX). even the fusion, bulldozer, shanghai, hydra etc will be the same but later 2009/2010 with a name change of K11 which brings us to many cores (Magny-Cours 12-Core CPU in 2010) but same K10 :ohwell: :rockout: :respect:

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
lolz I already said k8-k9-k10-k10.5-k10.5 Rev D is the same architecture and where you getting the next architecture from? there isn't any lolz. its all going to be the same with enhancements, which you say don't make a squat of difference (45nm = more transistors = less power usage = more power output = higher clocks = DENEB FX). even the fusion, bulldozer, shanghai, hydra etc will be the same but later 2009/2010 with a name change of K11 which brings us to many cores (Magny-Cours 12-Core CPU in 2010) but same K10 :ohwell: :rockout: :respect:

Where are you getting me saying they don't make a squat of difference? I never said that. I said they aren't a big enough difference. They are differences Intel can easily counter at this point.

Releasing more cores in a single package can and will help, but Intel can do that as well, so that point is moot too.

If AMD is sticking with the K10 arch, I fear their only hope is that Intel hits a wall with their Core 2 arch, like they did with P4.

Keep in mind, I'm speaking of this purely from a performance perspective. I've not brought price into this, which is where AMD can make up the difference. (which they finally have with the current round of Phenom price cuts)

X1REME

To be honest this is the first time I have my hopes high, although its still K10 (K10.5 actually). I was one maybe in every few who never had his hopes high with the phenom (Agena) after I saw the C2D specifications and cache anyWayZ lolz.

oh and don't forget AMD can pack more transistors than Intel with newer tech, so imagine what AMD is gonna do with the 45nm shrink (lots more transistors/cache)

System Name Night Rider | Mini LAN PC | Workhorse
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D | Ryzen 1600X | i7 970
Motherboard MSi AM4 Pro Carbon | GA- | Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling Noctua U9S Twin Fan| Stock Cooler, Copper Core)| Big shairkan B
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 3600MHz| 2x8GB Corsair 3000 | 6x2GB DDR3 1300 Corsair
Video Card(s) MSI AMD 6750XT | 6500XT | MSI RX 580 8GB
Storage 1TB WD Black NVME / 250GB SSD /2TB WD Black | 500GB SSD WD, 2x1TB, 1x750 | WD 500 SSD/Seagate 320
Display(s) LG 27" 1440P| Samsung 20" S20C300L/DELL 15" | 22" DELL/19"DELL
Case LIAN LI PC-18 | Mini ATX Case (custom) | Atrix C4 9001
Audio Device(s) Onboard | Onbaord | Onboard
Power Supply Silverstone 850 | Silverstone Mini 450W | Corsair CX-750
Mouse Coolermaster Pro | Rapoo V900 | Gigabyte 6850X
Keyboard MAX Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Creative Fatal1ty eluminx | Some POS Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 7 Pro 64/Windows 10 Home
If AMD is sticking with the K10 arch, I fear their only hope is that Intel hits a wall with their Core 2 arch, like they did with P4.

They have hit there wall, why do you think they have the next GEN CPU the same architecture as a AMD CPU? OBMC

Only hope AMD have if that the NEXT gen CPU from intel doesn't do as good as everyone says it will.

Food for thought.

AMD AM2 X2 6400 3.2GHz 65nm
AMD AM3 X2 6400 1.9GHz 45nm

Can anyone see it?