I have an EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra and it does the same as the OP describes. I have tried GPU-Z 2.26, 2.32 & 2.36. Precision X1 reads all 3 fans and their RPM. If I set the fans to a static % in Precision X1 and they are on when I launch GPU-Z then instead of FAN 1 (rpm & %) and FAN 2...
I tried 2.26 and 2.27 and have the same problem as 2.36 so this is not my issue. 50% of the time it shows 3 fans and 50% of the time 2 fans incorrectly and seems to show all 3 90-99% of the time when the fans are actually running or set with Precision X1.
I am also having similar problems (EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra) with GPU-Z 2.32.0 and testing with 2.36.0 now. I think it even changed the rows after loading once.
Sometimes it shows:
Fan 1 Speed (%)
Fan 1 Speed (RPM)
Fan 2 Speed (%) - this tends to read between 20-60% and is always wrong (compared...