• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who'll be the better president?

Who'll be the better president?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 1,290 57.9%
  • John McCain

Votes: 333 14.9%
  • But I want George W. Bush

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 429 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apocolypse007

System Name six pack
Processor Phenom II X6 1090T BE
Motherboard ASRock 890FX Deluxe3
Cooling Cool-it ECO ALC Water cooler
Memory 4GB G-Skill Flares CL7
Video Card(s) 1GB HIS HD4890 930core / 1025mem 4100mhz effective
Storage 320Gb Seagate Barracuda (w/perpendiular recording) and 750GB Western Digital Caviar Black
Display(s) Acer B273HU 2048 x 1152 native resolution
Case Xoxide X-Sentric Professional Series w/250mm Fan
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 2 Value
Power Supply 750 Watt Apevia Warlock
Software Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit (w/dreamscene patch)/Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06:10,516 3Dmark Vantage: P8537
The wealth and the poor have their own sets of financial problems. I'm not going to bother explaining it because you wouldn't care anyway. :p

The poor under Obama's plan usually don't pay any taxes at all. If they do, they get it back in a tax rebate. His tax cuts favor the poor and the middle class.

Yes, I understand the wealthy have problems too, but as for financial issues, problems are few and far in between.

Edit: as you can see the poor get the biggest cut:

source:http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4047592

^yes thats a democratic website, but the information on the chart was derived directly from the US Census Beurau as stated in the citation.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
Oh contraire. If a valuable painting is in a house close to you, the land value of your house could go up with theirs.

Point taken -- but this is an awfully strange universe you're talking about here, where these hypothetical multi-millionaires with their art collections live right next to "Joe Six-pack." :D

The wealth and the poor have their own sets of financial problems. I'm not going to bother explaining it because you wouldn't care anyway. :p

What are you talking about? I totally care that perhaps, for the first year in a long time, several well-off families in America might have to buy the six ounce cans of caviar instead of the seven. Or that little Billy's trust fund allotment will be 3% lower. It's a tragedy. :(

Processor C2Q6600 @ 1.6 GHz
Motherboard Anus PQ5
Cooling ACFPro
Memory GEiL2 x 1 GB PC2 6400
Video Card(s) MSi 4830 (RIP)
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320 GB Perpendicular Recording
Display(s) Dell 17'
Case El Cheepo
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software MCE2K5
i dont even see what all the yapping is about, its just a race for votes. Anyone who truly feels any of these candiddates care pm me. Ill keep running tally in this post.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
If that was true then Im wondering where all those youtube movies come from tbh. That's isnt civily, that's bashing.
People that don't have lives.

Oh, FOX didnt publish that as well? Here you go
All the more reason to elect McCain. Afghanistan is in need of a major strategic change. I don't doubt that Obama would retreat.

What, you need a quote for that? It was well known that the M16 jammed like hell while the AK47's kept on rambling. Also several MiG revisions were often a big deal for certain jet fighters. Besides that, they also easily used simple anti-air rocket launchers to shoot F16's out of the air.
M16 hasn't seen major use since Vietnam. The M16A4 is a brilliant rifle. Yeah, it isn't as reliable as the AK47 because of the more complex design but, it is a gentle and precise weapon.

Not since the MiG 15 and that was because the "whiz kids" thought machine guns were obsolete so the A4 Phantom only had sidewinder missiles that worked only about 10% of the time. Ever since the F-14, really, we've had the upperhand not only from the technology standpoint but also from the training standpoint.

I find nothing that confirms MiG aircraft had any major success rate against the F-16.

Yugoslavia actually shot some 'state of the art' bombers out of the air as well.
Using old RADAR technology. The F-117 is being decommissioned as the newer generation of stealth aircraft are even harder to detect, and more deadly at that. The F-117 has no way to defend itself while then new aircraft do. The F-117 is also disappointingly subsonic--the new ones are super sonic.

Most soldiers walk away yes, some others dont and the army loses another million vehicle to a cheap bomb.
It's cheaper to lose a vehicle than lose a life. We can always build another one.

I know more and better vehicles are invented, but you miss the point. You LOST if you need to do that already. And it's only a matter of time before it happens again.
We would have "lost" if we decided to carpet bomb ever single place that had a potential terrorist. We value life too much for that poor practice.

Then where did he get his army from, then why didnt the army commander invaded there. Hussein had a lot of power, but if he was that wrong the majority actually could have done something. It happened in other countries with a Hussein-like person where the army kicked him off.
Most people will do anything under the threat of death. Do remember a lot of Iraqi's surrendered or took off their uniform and defected form the Iraqi Army in 1991 and 2003.

Maybe I need to remind you that the court who had to judge was put in place mainly by USA assigned people, just like the government. So of course they did that.
We have little influence over how their government behaves. If we did, we would no longer have any significant presence in Iraq, but we do.

Yes it's communistic, but not entirely. Wasnt that like what I said actually? So should it be called communistic or not. I mean, you're it or not.
For the last time, the People's Republic of China is communist.

You miss a lot of points though. Im saying how much you earn has nothing to do with how good something is. Bush earns a lot yet the world is on the edge of a WWIII... if not already.
Most CEOs make more than the President. Being President has a lot of perks though (like tax-sponsored room and board, transportation, and men in black suits with concealed weapons).

Point taken -- but this is an awfully strange universe you're talking about here, where these hypothetical multi-millionaires with their art collections live right next to "Joe Six-pack." :D
It can happen. Hell, I live in the middle of no where and my one neighbor is a farmer. Farms are usually multimillion dollar businesses. If my neighbor does something to improve his land value, mine improves too.

What are you talking about? I totally care that perhaps, for the first year in a long time, several well-off families in America might have to buy the six ounce cans of caviar instead of the seven. Or that little Billy's trust fund allotment will be 3% lower. It's a tragedy. :(
They already are. Haven't you heard? Bill gates lost over a quarter of his wealth with this economic decline. About the only wealth person doing well these days is Warren Buffet. :twitch:

Last edited:
System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Using old RADAR technology. The F-117 is being decommissioned as the newer generation of stealth aircraft are even harder to detect, and more deadly at that. The F-117 has no way to defend itself while then new aircraft do. The F-117 is also disappointingly subsonic--the new ones are super sonic.

I have no idea what you two are discussing, so I'll just jump in here: the successor to the F-117? Hush hush. It's not out yet -- they haven't got the pulse-jet engines working right. ;)

You know better than that -- the PRC is a totalitarian country with a fascist integration of corporations and government. The only place it's communist is in official PRC history books.

They already are. Haven't you heard? Bill gates lost over a quarter of his wealth with this economic decline. About the only wealth person doing well these days is Warren Buffet. :twitch:

He did? :twitch: Poor guy! Why, that means he's only got... someting like 30+ billion dollars left. How's he holding out these days?

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
I have no idea what you two are discussing, so I'll just jump in here: the successor to the F-117? Hush hush. It's not out yet -- they haven't got the pulse-jet engines working right. ;)
The F-22 is replacing the F-117. All the F-117 could do is drop two laser guided bombs. The F-22 is far more capable than that eliminating the need for the F-117. The F-22 can achieve air superiority and destroy ground targets on the same mission.

You know better than that -- the PRC is a totalitarian country with a fascist integration of corporations and government. The only place it's communist is in official PRC history books.
China is controlled by the "Communist Party of China." They are the sole party in the Chinese single-party system. :X

He did? :twitch: Poor guy! Why, that means he's only got... someting like 30+ billion dollars left. How's he holding out these days?
Gate's isn't hurting personally, obviously. What is hurting is Africa because that means there is a significant reduction in the amount of aid that can be provided through the Bill and Melinda Gates' Foundation. Depressing, I know. :ohwell:

Apocolypse007

System Name six pack
Storage 320Gb Seagate Barracuda (w/perpendiular recording) and 750GB Western Digital Caviar Black
Software Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit (w/dreamscene patch)/Windows 7 Pro 64bit
System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
The F-22 is replacing the F-117. All the F-117 could do is drop two laser guided bombs. The F-22 is far more capable than that eliminating the need for the F-117. The F-22 can achieve air superiority and destroy ground targets on the same mission.

They say it's the replacement for the F-117. :laugh: Just wait a few years. There's always something new.

China is controlled by the "Communist Party of China." They are the sole party in the Chinese single-party system. :X

Just because they call themselves communist doesn't mean they actually are. China is ruled by an elite group of wealthy and powerful individuals, who mostly inherited the positions they hold. An oligarchy. People enjoy little more equality in China than they do in any other country -- the emerging middle class living in the cities live a universe away from the peasants in the countryside. I'm no expert, but it hardly looks communist.

Gate's isn't hurting personally, obviously. What is hurting is Africa because that means there is a significant reduction in the amount of aid that can be provided through the Bill and Melinda Gates' Foundation. Depressing, I know. :ohwell:

Africa will be fine -- I'm sure China will pick up the slack where Gates and the US leaves off. They're beginning to really ramp up their investment in the continent, from what I hear.

Rammsteiner

Processor AMD Phenom X4 9850BE (DENEB, where art thou!?)
Motherboard DFI Lanparty UT 790FX-M2R (waiting on 790FX/SB750)
Cooling TRUE
Memory 4x 1GB Transcend AxeRAM DDR1066 'D9GMH'
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 4870X2
Storage 2x WD 74GB Raptor + 3Ware 9650SE @ RAID 0
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 245B
Case Silverstone TJ-10
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
Power Supply PP&C Quad Silencer 750W
People that don't have lives.
But it still shows it's not handled respectfully and civil!

All the more reason to elect McCain. Afghanistan is in need of a major strategic change. I don't doubt that Obama would retreat.
Oh yes of course. In that case I hope the whole army gets captured and broken their bones.

To get at a more serious point, the war against lol terror and in Iraq already put shitloads of fuel on the fire economy wise, and now you think your 'freedom' is more important than the global economy:wtf: If that continues the whole world has nothing left and Taliban is laughing its arse off while their enemies can only throw rocks.

M16 hasn't seen major use since Vietnam. The M16A4 is a brilliant rifle. Yeah, it isn't as reliable as the AK47 because of the more complex design but, it is a gentle and precise weapon.
After craploads of revisions the M16 got improved. You miss the point again, M16 as it was was 'state of the art' while it shat bricks. Still the AK47 does not have to put down vs which ever M16. Theoretically it's better, in practice, nah.

It's like setting up a theoretical strategy in any game and then die hopelessly. Experience > technology.

Not since the MiG 15 and that was because the "whiz kids" thought machine guns were obsolete so the A4 Phantom only had sidewinder missiles that worked only about 10% of the time. Ever since the F-14, really, we've had the upperhand not only from the technology standpoint but also from the training standpoint.
There are not very solid numbers of F16's vs MiG's. But as I said, F16 was supposed to be 'state of the art' yet there's quite a few stories where good MiG pilots made F16 run. Also there's quite a few stories of F-16's ripping apart MiG's, but as said, F16 is so called 'state of the art' and a MiG isnt.

Again, it was supposed to be state of the art, it got owned.

It's cheaper to lose a vehicle than lose a life. We can always build another one.
It's always cheaper not to have some Rambo as president as well. Then no money was wasted and no unneeded lives.

We would have "lost" if we decided to carpet bomb ever single place that had a potential terrorist. We value life too much for that poor practice.
*sigh*

Most people will do anything under the threat of death. Do remember a lot of Iraqi's surrendered or took off their uniform and defected form the Iraqi Army in 1991 and 2003.
And for who did they fight again?

We have little influence over how their government behaves. If we did, we would no longer have any significant presence in Iraq, but we do.
Since USA chose the potential candidate I suppose this candidate has no issue with USA being there.

*sigh*

Most CEOs make more than the President. Being President has a lot of perks though (like tax-sponsored room and board, transportation, and men in black suits with concealed weapons).
This has to do with my point how?

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Anyways, back to post #1........who will make the best President? :D

iStink

System Name The beast
Processor E6600@ 3.4
Motherboard P5W DH Deluxe
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120
Memory 3GB G.Sill DDR2-800
Video Card(s) 8800GT @ 700/975
Storage (1)80GB With XP, (1) 320GB storage
Display(s) 205BW & 710N
Case XClio Windtunnel (I love it)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Platinum
Power Supply OCZ gamerXStream 700W
hey tatty, you gotta change your avatar. Put McCain and Obama with red X's over them as well ;D

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
They say it's the replacement for the F-117. :laugh: Just wait a few years. There's always something new.
My guess is the most money is going towards stealth ships with railgun and laser weaponry.

To get at a more serious point, the war against lol terror and in Iraq already put shitloads of fuel on the fire economy wise, and now you think your 'freedom' is more important than the global economy:wtf: If that continues the whole world has nothing left and Taliban is laughing its arse off while their enemies can only throw rocks.
You can't put a price on freedom. Besides, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq have little to do with sub-prime mortgage crisis and subsequent bank failures. Historically, global recessions last approximately 16 months. Some economists believe the recession started early in the year. That means we are over half way thorugh this thing...

After craploads of revisions the M16 got improved. You miss the point again, M16 as it was was 'state of the art' while it shat bricks. Still the AK47 does not have to put down vs which ever M16. Theoretically it's better, in practice, nah.

It's like setting up a theoretical strategy in any game and then die hopelessly. Experience > technology.
And you miss the point too: The M16 is 30+ year old technology while the AK47 is 60+ year old technology. The M4 has been the standard issue rifle for some time now. They are looking into replacing it however.

There are not very solid numbers of F16's vs MiG's. But as I said, F16 was supposed to be 'state of the art' yet there's quite a few stories where good MiG pilots made F16 run. Also there's quite a few stories of F-16's ripping apart MiG's, but as said, F16 is so called 'state of the art' and a MiG isnt.
They were, for 1978. US designed vehicles and aircraft have always trumped Russian designed vehicles and aircraft in regards to crew endurance. It has always been Russian's doctrine to overwhelm the enemy with sheer numbers which they can obtain through simplicity in design. We like to over-engineer our weaponry so that fewer people and aircraft can do the same job.

Again, it was supposed to be state of the art, it got owned.
One of over 40--not very good odds for the enemy. Regardless, no technology is perfect.

And for who did they fight again?
Kuwaitians in the first Gulf War, and later USA + Coaltion. USA + Coalitoni in the second, and later civilians.

Since USA chose the potential candidate I suppose this candidate has no issue with USA being there.
He does. He is the one pushing to get USA out of Iraq. That's why I brought up year 2011 a while ago.

You know my opinion on that matter: McCain, without a doubt in my mind.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro

Various reanimated parts of the corpses of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Franklin Roosevelt, melded together into a Frankenstein's monster-like amalgam of Freedom-loving political fortitude.

You know my opinion on that matter: McCain, without a doubt in my mind.

Bollocks. Everyone has doubt, unless you're some sort of traveler form the future. Just to begin with, you have to admit that his choice of VP leaves something to be desired, at least -- seeing as unless McCain is in vastly better health than he looks, the chances of her becoming president is quickly approaching 100%. May G-d have mercy on your souls. :shadedshu

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Bollocks. Everyone has doubt, unless you're some sort of traveler form the future. Just to begin with, you have to admit that his choice of VP leaves something to be desired, at least -- seeing as unless McCain is in vastly better health than he looks, the chances of her becoming president is quickly approaching 100%. May G-d have mercy on your souls. :shadedshu
Palin kinda grows on ya. :p

There's nothing on McCain to suggest he is likely to kill over in the next four years. Again, Palin has an 80% approval rating in Alaska--she can't be all that bad. It's disappointing how it seems like we don't even know her though. She seems like an unknown quantity to me, still.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Palin kinda grows on ya. :p

There's nothing on McCain to suggest he is likely to kill over in the next four years. Again, Palin has an 80% approval rating in Alaska--she can't be all that bad. It's disappointing how it seems like we don't even know her though. She seems like an unknown quantity to me, still.

What? She's even less qualified to be President than the outgoing Embarassment-in-Chief, "Dubya." (I'll admit she's easier on the eyes than ol' Georgie, but that'll get old -- kinda like it already has.) The woman couldn't be less experienced in national politics than if she was still the bloody mayor of that little backwater town she once ran (yes, yes, she's held an "executive" office, big bloody deal :laugh:).

The Republicans farked up again, just like when they didn't put their weight behind Mike Huckabee. You want a resourceful, experienced, Republican woman (to court votes) who's proved herself on the national level? I give you Elizabeth Dole.

If I was a Republican in America, I'd be sincerely insulted and embarassed by my party's choice of VP. Heart attacks happen all the time, and McCain's no youngster.

Apocolypse007

System Name six pack
There's nothing on McCain to suggest he is likely to kill over in the next four years.

How about the fact that malignant melanoma (the cancer he had on his cheek) has a very high chance of reoccurring, or the fact that he still won't make his 1,200 page medical history public (yes he gave SELECT reporters one hour to look at it, but they couldn't copy or scan any information). Obama's report by the way, is public and is one page long.....

Note he dosen't even have to die, he just has to be unfit to run the office for whatever reason. Ex: say the cancer comes back and claim's his lower jaw. That would be enough.

System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370XP SLI, BIOS 15a
Cooling Corsair H100i, Panaflo's on case
Memory XPG GAMMIX D30 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 ti
Storage 1TB 960 Pro, 2TB Samsung 850 Pro, 4TB WD Hard Drive
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27"
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) logitech 5.1 system (midrange quality)
Power Supply CORSAIR HXi HX1000i 1000watt
Mouse G400s Logitech
Keyboard K65 RGB Corsair Tenkeyless Cherry Red MX
Software Win10 Pro, Win7 x64 Professional

Not considering how much Warren Buffet gave the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation. It more than doubled its funds.

Also China is a regulated capitalism. Their economy is not Communist in design or effect.

How about the fact that malignant melanoma (the cancer he had on his cheek) has a very high chance of reoccurring, or the fact that he still won't make his 1,200 page medical history public (yes he gave SELECT reporters one hour to look at it, but they couldn't copy or scan any information). Obama's report by the way, is public and is one page long.....

Note he dosen't even have to die, he just has to be unfit to run the office for whatever reason. Ex: say the cancer comes back and claim's his lower jaw. That would be enough.

Then it could be president Palin. Scarier than Silent Hill.

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
System Name Work in progress
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Memory Crucial2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-16000
Video Card(s) CrossfireX 2 X HD 4890 1GB OCed to 1000Mhz
Storage SSD 64GB
Display(s) Envision 24'' 1920x1200
Case Using the desk ATM
Audio Device(s) Sucky onboard for now :(
Power Supply 1000W TruePower Quattro
Tatty I also forgot to add that our states are split up and we have County roads as well. So we have 5 types of roads......

Examples of what I'm talking about
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_counties_in_Oklahoma
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_counties_in_Texas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawton,_OK_MSA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harris_County,_Texas

So if you get in trouble in a county area, you would have to go to county's capital city to face your crime. With other things that go with it also.

Last edited:
The poor under Obama's plan usually don't pay any taxes at all. If they do, they get it back in a tax rebate. His tax cuts favor the poor and the middle class.

Yes, I understand the wealthy have problems too, but as for financial issues, problems are few and far in between.

Edit: as you can see the poor get the biggest cut:

source:http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4047592

^yes thats a democratic website, but the information on the chart was derived directly from the US Census Beurau as stated in the citation.
chart was published before... and this version omits some key points, but what would one expect from the democrat underground website.

And why should not EVERYONE share equally in paying for the services of government? Obama wants to establish a new welfare check for these people. 40% of people don't pay taxes at all, and are indeed net RECIPIENTS /consumers of the tax system. And that's not fairr.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
chart was published before... and this version omits some key points, but what would one expect from the democrat underground website.

And why should not EVERYONE share equally in paying for the services of government? Obama wants to establish a new welfare check for these people. 40% of people don't pay taxes at all, and are indeed net RECIPIENTS /consumers of the tax system. And that's not fairr.

Yeah, but the rich don't really pay their "fair share," either. [LINK] Though, a flat tax would fix this all.

I had a thought -- for all you know Obama's raising taxes on the upper crust to simply offset the amount of taxes that they're avoiding (which is a lot), and in that case, the tax increase only on the upper class makes it a "fair tax." :laugh:

ckydmk

Processor Intel q6600 @ 3.02GHZ
Motherboard Asus Maximus Formula
Cooling Zalman 9700LED
Memory Muskin 2x2GB
Video Card(s) XFX 8800 Ultra
Storage 2 - Seagate 500GB
Display(s) 19" Samsumg LCD
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) w/ mobo
Power Supply PC P&C silencer 750
You guys are forgetting the cardinal rules of being rich. HIDE YOUR INCOME!!!!!!!! Most of the rich people in USA (maybe the world), are able to hide income and dodge taxes becUse they are either self employed or have other ways of less "trackable" sources of income. Increased taxes on the rich will have little impact on us or them.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
You guys are forgetting the cardinal rules of being rich. HIDE YOUR INCOME!!!!!!!! Most of the rich people in USA (maybe the world), are able to hide income and dodge taxes becUse they are either self employed or have other ways of less "trackable" sources of income. Increased taxes on the rich will have little impact on us or them.

That's why you keep increasing their taxes until it gets to the point that it evens out with the amount of income they're hiding. Makes sense. Looks like Obama's tax plan might not be "wealth distribution" at all. :laugh:

Obama's plan does not take 3% more..
it takes nearly 60% of every dollar over 2.8 million in income. That 700k is an average increase, operative word = average.

Yeah, but the rich don't really pay their "fair share," either. [LINK] Though, a flat tax would fix this all.

I had a thought -- for all you know Obama's raising taxes on the upper crust to simply offset the amount of taxes that they're avoiding (which is a lot), and in that case, the tax increase only on the upper class makes it a "fair tax." :laugh:
No, the FAIR tax would fix this. It would bring the 1.5 TRILLION dollar grey economy into play - all those 'cash only' illegal enterprises that dont currently pay any income or payroll tax would now pay tax through their consumption of goods.

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Which tax was Mike Chucklebee talking about? Fair Tax or Flat Tax? Whichever one is 24% or something. Palin, being inexperienced at National politics isnt really a disadvantage. I think foreign governments wouldnt mind dealing with her on key issues. Ive said for awhile now that I think Washington may need a change of tact and go with younger, less experienced people than lifelong politicians (Biden, McCain, etc). Being a governor tends to, at least in my opinion and experience, lead a person to be a better president. Granted a governor is over a state and the president over 50 states plus DC and a couple territories.

Status
Not open for further replies.