• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Are the high dollar keyboards worth it?

Processor AMD Phenom X4 B50 3.4ghz
Motherboard Asus M4A88TD-M EVO USB3
Cooling CoolerMaster Vortex Plus
Memory Team Group Dark 4gb 1800@9-9-9-27
Video Card(s) Palit ATI HD 4850
Storage 1TB WD Blue, 2TB WD Green
Case Silverstone Sugo SG02
Audio Device(s) Onboard with Logitech X-530
Power Supply Silverstone Modular 500w
Software Window 7 Ulimate X64
I have had the same HP keyboard for 10+ years, i would never dream of replacing it, sure it doesnt have all the features of newer keyboards but i cant justify spending $130NZ on a G15 when i could buy a 640GB HDD or 4GB of ram for the same about of money, and how i treat my keyboard the G15 would be destoryed within a week, My HP has had 100's of cupfuls of coffee, fizzy drink spilled over it over the year, been hit when i get angry at the computer and still it works perectly fine, the only thing wrong with it is its missing a Alt key.

ChromeDome

System Name Super Budget Gamer Thing lol
Processor AMD 5600+ Windsor @3.0ghz
Motherboard ASUS M3N78-VM AM2/AM2+ Micro ATX
Cooling Thermaltake TR2-R1 Ultra Silence CPU heatsink+fan / 3 exhaust case fans
Memory 3 Gigs Kingston DDR2@800mhz
Video Card(s) PNY 8800GT 512mb OC'd 710/1740/950 - 178.24
Storage 2X 320 gig Seagate Barracuda's @7200rpm - SATA
Display(s) 22in Dell LCD 1680X1050 / 21.6in AOC LCD / Hauppauge TV Tuner
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts EA500D 500w
Software Vista, bby <3
Benchmark Scores yay it works! =]
i have a cheap keyboard. a generic. have had it for a few years. thing about it is i got used to the layout so no matter what i think i want or try it never seems as good. i have tried three others i thought i could work with and the closest i came was a cheapo logitech. it was quieter (the one i use now makes a lot of clacking noises) but the keys were spaced a little differently and smaller. and laid out somewhat different. so i went back to what i have

i've wanted one that lights up. then i wouldn't have to use my little desk lamp sometimes. but i can't justify paying $40+ for something i really don't care about that much. i've always looked at this when i see it, though. its layout is close to mine. very straightforward:

just can't seem to get myself to buy it. even when its on sale. i do want another mouse, though. nothin fancy or "gaming." just something with a smooth, damped, and quiet click. and not too many buttons. i really don't like my mouse, but i can live with it

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
I also use a Saitek Eclipse backlit, works well. I used to buy a new Logitech multiumedia every two years and the last one died prematurely of wine intake, a bath fixed it good enough to use as a backup untill my Saitek arrived, now my sone beats the crap out of it.