• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Steam Holiday Sale On Now

System Name _Speedforce_ (Successor to Strike-X, 4LI3NBR33D-H, Core-iH7 & Nemesis-H)
Processor Intel Core i9 7980XE (Lapped) @ 5.2Ghz With XSPC Raystorm (Lapped)
Motherboard Asus Rampage VI Extreme (XSPC Watercooled) - Custom Heatsinks (Lapped)
Cooling XSPC Custom Water Cooling + Custom Air Cooling (From Delta 220's TFB1212GHE to Spal 30101504&5)
Memory 8x 8Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz @ 4667Mhz (2x F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR)
Video Card(s) 3x Asus GTX1080 Ti (Lapped) With Customised EK Waterblock (Lapped) + Custom heatsinks (Lapped)
Storage 1x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB - 2280 (Hyper M.2 x16 Card), 7x Samsung 860 Pro 4Tb
Display(s) 6x Asus ROG Swift PG348Q
Case Aerocool Strike X (Modified)
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 & Aurvana XFi Headphones
Power Supply 2x Corsair AX1500i With Custom Sheilding, Custom Switching Unit. Braided Cables.
Mouse Razer Copperhead + R.A.T 9
Keyboard Ideazon Zboard + Optimus Maximus. Logitech G13.
Software w10 Pro x64.
Benchmark Scores pppft, gotta see it to believe it. . .
America's starting to get bandwidth limits on their ISP's now -- in particular the two largest companies, AT&T and Comcast, have publicly disclosed them.
This is sad. I am sad :( This just means we down here have NO hope of ever having decent connections. Hopefully someone your way changes things back the way it was.
There was mention of severe upgrades Australia wide during previous elections, but im sure you know how those things all turn out.

Currently on my connection i am on 10MB down and 1.5MB up and have no caps. I am paying about $68 US after the taxes.
Is this a TRUE 10Mb connection ? If so . . . You pretty much are on a connection i would kill for.

Telstra offers unlimited ADSL2+ for $400 or $300, can't remember. You will need an ABN for it though.
Your right, its $310au a month. Its a great plan, except the price is rather stupid for a regular home use. Just wish they had the same plan for a third of that price. I think my ABN is still valid, hmmm.

Id say dont bother then Haytch if thats the your only option ya cant get Internode theyve opened up heaps of new adsl2+ accross the country.
:( Internode are yet to expand my way. Gave them a call about a year back and they had no plans too. Maybe i should harass them.

I dont even want to add up how much i pay for phone bills that includes mobile calls, international calls, local calls, line rentals, omg it doesnt stop. Just need a proper connection and then i can do it all from that. Bastards got me under the thumb.

System Name Gaming System / HTPC-Server
Processor i7 8700K (@4.8 Ghz All-Core) / R7 5900X
Motherboard Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming / MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling CM ML360 / CM ML240L
Memory 16Gb Hynix @3200 MHz / 16Gb Hynix @3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac 3080 / Colorful 1060
Storage 750G MX300 + 2x500G NVMe / 40Tb Reds + 1Tb WD Blue NVMe
Display(s) LG 27GN800-B 27'' 2K 144Hz / Sony TV
Case Xigmatek Aquarius Plus / Corsair Air 240
Audio Device(s) On Board Realtek
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W / Andyson TX-700 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero / K400+
Keyboard Wooting Two / K400+
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R15 = 1542 3D Mark Timespy = 9758
Finally got it working - and i can connect to servers in china to play Counter-strike :)
Only $9.99 here still (not gone the euro way)
Does tax normally come up at the final checkout page, or is it just charged extra to your card? As the final bill was only 9.99 didn't look like there was any tax at all.

DM> there's a utility out that will let you use steam on 2 computers (well a hack) it will also let you download every game if you can ever connect. PM me if you want to try it. I'm not sure how it works as i only had a quick play.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
You have to admit this MUST BE a bad joke. They inflate our prices just to offer overall discounts soon after. And the worst thing is that even with the "massive" discounts prices are higher than before here. Except for Bioshock.

TBH Valve is just pissing me off lately. It may sound stupid (it's been a year r more since we coincide gaming at the same time), but my bro and me just found today that NOW you can't use the same steam account on two different computers at the same time when you want to play 2 DIFFERENT games even if they are offline games. That's ridiculous!! Before you could play different games, but NOT now. You can still play them on offline mode, but every time we start steam it starts online and the only secure way of ensuring that my brother won't get kicked if he is playing is by disconnecting the LAN cable. Wile E talked about convenience in the other thread... YEAH, the convenience we are just experiencing is PRICELESS.

Yeah... that's the way Steam is supposed to work. You don't have to disconnect a LAN cable -- just ask your firewall to block all outbound and inbound connections (usually undertaken by a simple menu click).

iamverysmart

Your right, its $310au a month. Its a great plan, except the price is rather stupid for a regular home use. Just wish they had the same plan for a third of that price. I think my ABN is still valid, hmmm.

I find the price very good, to Australian standards. You can download 6TB+ of data if you can sync the full 24mb.

DarkMatter

Processor Intel C2Q Q6600 @ Stock (for now)
Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Cooling Proc: Scythe Mine, Graphics: Zalman VF900 Cu
Memory 4 GB (2x2GB) DDR2 Corsair Dominator 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) GigaByte 8800GT Stock Clocks: 700Mhz Core, 1700 Shader, 1940 Memory
Storage 74 GB WD Raptor 10000rpm, 2x250 GB Seagate Raid 0
Display(s) HP p1130, 21" Trinitron
Case Antec p180
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi PLatinum
Power Supply 700W FSP Group 85% Efficiency
Software Windows XP
DM> there's a utility out that will let you use steam on 2 computers (well a hack) it will also let you download every game if you can ever connect. PM me if you want to try it. I'm not sure how it works as i only had a quick play.

Yeah... that's the way Steam is supposed to work. You don't have to disconnect a LAN cable -- just ask your firewall to block all outbound and inbound connections (usually undertaken by a simple menu click).

The thing is that I shouldn't have to do ANYTHING. Thanks for trying to help anyway guys, but doesn't really help me, sorry.

mdm - I know a lot of ways to do it. ;) Right now disconecting the cable is the easiest way, because I have it right next to me. Thought I meant disabling the connection as a whole concept. The firewall method doesn't really work for me anyway, Steam is very clever apparently and somehow knows the PC is connected, so it constantly tries to connect for over 2-5 minutes (it also happens when the ISP service has failed). Only after what I suppose is a limited number of tries, it suggests offline.

And in any case we don't want to disconnect from the net, messenger, p2p programs, flashget, uploading to youtube, are only examples of tasks we like having open while we game.
silkstone - Thanks, I really apreciate your help, but if I wanted to deal with hacks I would simply pirate their games.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
You have to admit this MUST BE a bad joke. They inflate our prices just to offer overall discounts soon after. And the worst thing is that even with the "massive" discounts prices are higher than before here. Except for Bioshock.

TBH Valve is just pissing me off lately. It may sound stupid (it's been a year r more since we coincide gaming at the same time), but my bro and me just found today that NOW you can't use the same steam account on two different computers at the same time when you want to play 2 DIFFERENT games even if they are offline games. That's ridiculous!! Before you could play different games, but NOT now. You can still play them on offline mode, but every time we start steam it starts online and the only secure way of ensuring that my brother won't get kicked if he is playing is by disconnecting the LAN cable. Wile E talked about convenience in the other thread... YEAH, the convenience we are just experiencing is PRICELESS.

Sounds to me like they finally got Steam to work correctly in Europe. You are only supposed to have one user per account at ONE TIME. You don't like Steam. We get it. My question is when are you going to stop crying!

DarkMatter

Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Video Card(s) GigaByte 8800GT Stock Clocks: 700Mhz Core, 1700 Shader, 1940 Memory
Case Antec p180
Software Windows XP
I don't see why you should not be able to play 2 DIFFERENT games at the same time. I pay for the GAMES, not the ACCOUNT, so if Valve wants you to use only ONE ACCOUNT and ONE GAME at a time, maybe they should start charging for the account and make games free or pay-per-play.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
Tmdm - I know a lot of ways to do it. ;) Right now disconecting the cable is the easiest way, because I have it right next to me. Thought I meant disabling the connection as a whole concept. The firewall method doesn't really work for me anyway, Steam is very clever apparently and somehow knows the PC is connected, so it constantly tries to connect for over 2-5 minutes (it also happens when the ISP service has failed). Only after what I suppose is a limited number of tries, it suggests offline.

And in any case we don't want to disconnect from the net, messenger, p2p programs, flashget, uploading to youtube, are only examples of tasks we like having open while we game.
silkstone - Thanks, I really apreciate your help, but if I wanted to deal with hacks I would simply pirate their games.

What Firewall program are you using? All modern firewall programs that I was aware of allow you to selectively allow Internet access to programs -- there is not a way that Steam should be "aware" of an internet connection if you block it. You shouldn't have to cut off Internet access to anything else, just Steam. I've verified this and it works. :p

Unless you're using the Windows firewall, which, last I checked, has no way to stop outbound connections. Could be your problem, there.

I shouldn't have to say that I've done this many times and it's worked perfectly (and still works today).

I don't see why you should not be able to play 2 DIFFERENT games at the same time. I pay for the GAMES, not the ACCOUNT, so if Valve wants you to use only ONE ACCOUNT and ONE GAME at a time, maybe they should start charging for the account and make games free or pay-per-play.

Nope -- don't know how the laws work specifically in Spain, but read your EULA when you buy a game through Steam. You're probably just buying a "license" to use the game on one computer. :D

DarkMatter

Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Case Antec p180
Software Windows XP
What Firewall program are you using? All modern firewall programs that I was aware of allow you to selectively allow Internet access to programs -- there is not a way that Steam should be "aware" of an internet connection if you block it. You shouldn't have to cut off Internet access to anything else, just Steam. I've verified this and it works. :p

Unless you're using the Windows firewall, which, last I checked, has no way to stop outbound connections. Could be your problem, there.

I shouldn't have to say that I've done this many times and it's worked perfectly (and still works today).

It doesn't work well for me. If I stop the connections trough the firewall (Kerio) Steam will try to connect for almost 5 minutes (time varies but is a lot) and after that it suggests offline. Anyway I should be able to play two different online games at a time, so that's not a fix to the problem, just a workaround for a very limited number of games.

Nope -- don't know how the laws work specifically in Spain, but read your EULA when you buy a game through Steam. You're probably just buying a "license" to use the game on one computer. :D

Nope, at the very least you can use the games in one computer AT A TIME, but of course you can choose which computer is that. For instance the game that my brother was trying to play is not installed in my rig right now, so there shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: I have just readed the EULA and says nothing in one way or another about using the account in more than one PC, so legally you can do it. There's nothing preventing you from playing in more than one PC at a time, and legally you should be able to play even the same game!! I'm not saying that we have the right to do so, I'm not complaining about that. But two different games yes and legally you can. PLUS it's very interesting that in many of the most important parts you can find something similar to: "The terms of this section may not apply to European Union consumers". Which IMHO is just a way of saying: "probably nothing of this is applicable there in the EU, but we just write it down anyway, so you think you are subjected to all this."

I have readed many EULAs in my life, the last one was the one in HL2 retail and a little bit before Doom3 and Farcry. The 3 games limited you to install the game on 2 computers at a time as long as both belonged to the same family with one degree of kinship (your parents, your sons and brothers). You could lend it to anyone you pleased, give it as a gift, or even resell it, just like any other retail poduct.

Last edited:
Processor Core i5 3570K
Motherboard AsRock z77 Pro4
Cooling Zalman CNPS10X Extreme
Memory 2x4GB GSkill Sniper
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970 Gaming
Storage 240GB OCZ ARC 100, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Display(s) LG 23" 1920x1080
Case Antec P100
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec Edge 750W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64
I don't see why you should not be able to play 2 DIFFERENT games at the same time.

Damn....I can barely get all of one game when I'm playing it. The thought of having more than one up makes my head hurt...:roll:

System Name Minerva / Remus
Processor i9 10900KF (5.1Ghz) / Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming Z490 / MSI 550 Pro
Cooling Corsair iCUE H150i / Air Cooler
Memory 64Gb Crucial Ballistix (3200) / 16GB Crucial Ballistix (3200)
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf 3070 Ti / Quadro P1000
Storage 16TB / 20TB
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF + HP z27 / Dell P22
Case Fractal Design 7 XL / MSi
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD
Power Supply Corsair HX750W Modular / Corsair CX550
Mouse Logitech G502 / G602
Keyboard Havit Kalih Blue Switch /
Software Win 10 Pro / Ubuntu 20.04
Benchmark Scores Suggestions.
Is this a TRUE 10Mb connection ? If so . . . You pretty much are on a connection i would kill for.

Its not but i get great speeds no matter what happens. I mean i have a max speed of a download from a regular site go up to 1.4MB.