• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GeCube Warns Against Counterfeit Graphics Cards

System Name [Primary Workstation]
Processor Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield @ 3.8GHz/4.55GHz [24-7/Bench]
Motherboard EVGA X58 E758-A1 [Tweaked right!]
Cooling Cooler Master V8 [stock fan + two 133CFM ULTRA KAZE fans]
Memory 12GB [Kingston HyperX]
Video Card(s) constantly upgrading/downgrading [prefer nVidia]
Storage constantly upgrading/downgrading [prefer Hitachi/Samsung]
Display(s) Triple LCD [40 inch primary + 32 & 28 inch auxiliary displays]
Case Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 [Mesh Mod, CFM Overload]
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D1 + onboard Realtek ALC889A [Logitech Z-5300 Spk., Niko 650-HP 5.1 Hp., X-Bass Hp.]
Power Supply Corsair TX950W [aka Reactor]
Software This and that... [All software 100% legit and paid for, 0% pirated]
Benchmark Scores Ridiculously good scores!!!
Counterfeit GeCube cards are tarnishing AMD's image? Is this a joke? GeCube cards tarnish AMD's image period, counterfeit or not. I've owned sveral GeCube cards and they always, ALWAYS, had issues on the hardware level. The following is what I have experienced with GeCube products over the years: missing or damaged temperature diodes, missing pixel pipelines, artifacting at stock clocks, no accessories included even though they are advertised on the box, bizzare VRAM configurations, poorly soldered capacitors, and the list goes on.

This is GeCube just trying to get some attention. Pure marketing propaganda.

Rebo&Zooty

Counterfeit GeCube cards are tarnishing AMD's image? Is this a joke? GeCube cards tarnish AMD's image period, counterfeit or not. I've owned sveral GeCube cards and they always, ALWAYS, had issues on the hardware level. The following is what I have experienced with GeCube products over the years: missing or damaged temperature diodes, missing pixel pipelines, artifacting at stock clocks, no accessories included even though they are advertised on the box, bizzare VRAM configurations, poorly soldered capacitors, and the list goes on.

This is GeCube just trying to get some attention. Pure marketing propaganda.

dude you yourself have told me you hate AMD and that Nvidia is the only company worth buying videocards from, and that Intel is the only company worth buying cpu's from......
and in my exp most GeCube cards where acctualy produced by Sapphire and just badged as GeCube.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
when you get people like that spewing their stuff, just take it with a grain of salt, they will eventually shut their starfishes because no one is listening to them anymore.

Non

cdawall----> They are palit cards, so any palit 4650 & 4670 will have the same performance + component as these. Just look for the review from palit of the same model

Is it not a good card? well, is palit not a good card? the answers applies both since they share the same OEM. Btw, all of the caps are rubycon & nichicon..so i consider these cards are fine cards, just like any other cards in the price range

There is a thin line though between rebranding by headquarters( like gainwards using palit design) and rebranding by local distributor without approval from HQ(like these ones)...:)

How do i know this? by this...

Last edited: