• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Samsung Introduces World’s First PC-over-IP LCD Desktop Display

srobinson

Cool. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Also, with all these video card manufacturers as partners, suggest to them that they sell Hosts with a GPU onboard. With five of these twin 1U setups I could replace the 10 workstations in IT :)

Everyone else can share a server with a VMware View setup :D

:D Great idea - actually there is a program for this but it is not announced yet. If you want, I may be able to introduce you to the graphics company product manager responsible. srobinson@teradici.com

Would you be interested in a host card that has a Media Expansion Card (PCIe+sDVO) interface that allows the use of Intel integrated graphics? (http://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/whitepaper/307620.pdf). I don't think it fits the Twin motherboard you linked, but there are 1U PC's that have the integrated graphics that it could fit into. Would that be dense enough for you?

srobinson

My understanding is that inventory is enroute and should be available in the next couple of weeks.

CDW has inventory for the EVGA PCoIP Host and Portal now. It may not show on-line, but we have confirmed that they have inventory at their distribution center. The CDW site is still missing the picture and description, but it is shown on the product on the EVGA web site. This'll be cleaned up shortly.

Here is the link to CDW -

http://www.cdw.com/shop/search/results.aspx?key=PCoIP&SortBy=MostRelevant&searchscope=All

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Cool, thank you.

Sorry I didn't email ya, been a hectic week. Low priority projects just became high, and high priority projects have become low, lol. Including one that will affect my deployment plans...

I'll see about grabbing a host/portal setup for playing around research. :D