• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Separate Hardware Profiles

Aiwin

I'm going to be running XP Pro 64 and I'm building a machine that will be primarily a home studio machine, meaning passively cooled GPU, big fans at low settings, quiet HDDs and PSU, etc.

I'm also going to be gaming a bit. I'll want the fans cranked during those times, and I think I might underclock the GPU for home studio use. Is this something that can be managed using XP's hardware profile feature? I ask because it looks like separate hardware profiles depend mostly on booting into the desired profile and making changes in the Device Manager, and I don't know that stuff like GPU clocking and fan speed can be managed through the device manager.

System Name Enslaver :)
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus
Cooling CPU: Noctua NH-D14 with LED fans, Case: 2 front in - 1 rear out
Memory 2x16GB Kingston Fury Beast RGB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 4070Ti OC
Storage Samsung Evo Plus 1TB NVMe , internal WD Red 4TB for storage, WD Book 8TB
Display(s) LG CX OLED 65"
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh C Performance
Audio Device(s) HDMI audio powering Dolby Digital audio on 5.1 Z960 speaker system
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard ASUS Strix Tactic Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
You can either load GPU clocks at startup trough ATI-Tool or RivaTuner..

GameSinewPCs

A cpu cooler with an attached rheostat, a 5.25" bay fan controller and ATI tuner/Riva tuner will work well and be fairly inexpensive.