• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Transcend Reveals Eye-catching Shock-Resistant StoreJet 25M-R Portable Hard Drive

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Transcend Information, Inc. (Transcend ), an international leader in storage products, today announced a stylish new addition to its exciting line of StoreJet portable hard drives. The StoreJet 25M-R portable hard drive is an innovative combination of anti-shock construction with an attractive design that masks the drive's true rugged nature in a tantalizing blend of crimson red and jet black.

Award-Winning Design
Winner of Japan's coveted G-Mark design award, the StoreJet 25M-R features an attractive two-tone contrast color scheme that sets it apart from the crowd. The StoreJet 25M-R is a perfect example of Transcend's commitment to creating high-tech products specifically tailored for consumers who not only value technological innovation, but also style and fashion. Gently rounded edges and a smooth exterior finish also provide a pleasant tactile feel that makes the drive comfortable as well as easy to grip.

Military-Grade Shock Protection
Hidden inside the StoreJet 25M-R's alluring exterior is a sophisticated dual-stage shock protection system that incorporates a rugged hard casing and vibration-absorbing anti-slip silicone outer shell that evenly distributes the force of an impact, along with a complete array of internal hard drive suspension dampers as a last line of defense. This innovative combination not only offers excellent protection against both vibration and impact damage, but also helps prevent the drive from slipping or falling in the first place. For added piece of mind, the StoreJet 25M-R protects stored data with a level of shock resistance that fully meets rigorous U.S. military drop-test standards (MIL-STD-810F 516.5 Transit Drop).

Equipped with a high-speed 2.5-inch SATA hard drive, a convenient "OneTouch" Auto-Backup button, and free StoreJet elite data management software, Transcend's StoreJet 25M-R does much more than simply protect data against impact damage; it also makes storing and backing-up files easier and more productive. The eye-catching new StoreJet 25M-R is now available in 250GB and 320GB capacities. For more information, please visit the Transcend Website.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
I like this product.

Shock prevention for the accidental knock off the table.

Wild red, so that you are less likely to forget it on a table at some client site/ someone elses house.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
We should get one for review. :D

Processor Intel Core i5 3570K
Motherboard MSI H61m-P31/w8
Cooling Stock
Memory 2*8GB DDR3
Video Card(s) XFX HD7850
Case Coolermaster Elite 330
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD audio
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Software Windows 10
If they are shock proof (truly not just claiming to be) then I'd like to know if they're available as just the enclosures and if so how much.
I'd like to see tests of this being dropped 3 metres etc (Noting like testing beyond specification).