• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Weird ISP problems

Ongaku

Last night, I was trying to go to the NASA website to see the first images Keppler sent. I type it in my search bar and I get redirected to my ISP's search suggestions, so I click the link, and it redirects me to the search suggestions again. It was doing this with NOAA, this site, metal archives, etc. It seemed to happen to every site I was browsing through, completely randomly. Work like a charm in a second, and then say 'oh we couldn't find www.noaa.gov' wtf?!:banghead:

So, I called my ISP this morning because the same thing was still happening when I woke up this morning. The rep said it was viruses and spyware, I honestly just wanted to laugh in his face. Why would this start happening all of a sudden last night? So, I ran a virus removal and all that happy BS, did all the necessary Internet troubleshooting in Windows...and nothing comes up.

The guy calls me back about half an hour later and tells me that THEY are having problems with their DNS! All this time, I knew it was on their end...but they didn't figure it out until I called them :laugh: Nice that he called me back and all.

Has anyone experienced this? Do you know how long it takes for them to resolve it? It's so annoying :banghead: Website works then it doesn't...*sigh*

System Name HTPC||Lenovo IBM ThinkPad
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 965 stock 3.4GHz||Intel C2D T9300 @ 2.5GHz
Motherboard Zotac 890GX-ITX WiFi||Lenovo 8918CTO
Cooling Stock 3x 120's||Stock stuff
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 6-6-6-15||3GB DDR2
Video Card(s) Asus 3870x2||nVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1x 2TB WD EARX ||Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM
Display(s) Samsung T260HD||
Case SilverStone Grandia GD05||
Audio Device(s) on-board||on-board
Power Supply Cooler Master 450W||6-cell
Software Windows 7 Pro x64||Windows 7 Pro x64/Linux Mint x64
It happened to me a few times before. But it usually comes back in about a couple hours.
So nothing major really happens.

Ongaku

accidentally...the internet bombed out again lol....delete the other one please moderators :)

they just called me again and told me it will be a few more hours :) Just odd to me, first time this has ever happened :-/

System Name HTPC||Lenovo IBM ThinkPad
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 965 stock 3.4GHz||Intel C2D T9300 @ 2.5GHz
Motherboard Zotac 890GX-ITX WiFi||Lenovo 8918CTO
Cooling Stock 3x 120's||Stock stuff
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 6-6-6-15||3GB DDR2
Video Card(s) Asus 3870x2||nVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1x 2TB WD EARX ||Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM
Display(s) Samsung T260HD||
Case SilverStone Grandia GD05||
Audio Device(s) on-board||on-board
Power Supply Cooler Master 450W||6-cell
Software Windows 7 Pro x64||Windows 7 Pro x64/Linux Mint x64
accidentally...the internet bombed out again lol....delete the other one please moderators :)

they just called me again and told me it will be a few more hours :) Just odd to me, first time this has ever happened :-/

Yeah, when it happened to me, it was first google. Then it switched to TPU. I was like wtf is going on?
But then after a couple hours it came back. I was like, Oh thank goodness!

Ongaku

yeah...I was so mad...

no changes yet, stuff seems to be working a little better....

Last edited: