• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] BlackWhiteBlue First mod

A

alt24q

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
ATI Sapphire 4850 OC stable 700Clock 1000mem
Intel CPU 2.0 OCed to 3.0
6gig of G.skill ram
Three HDD's One 250g 7200RPM One 160g 7200RPM One external 1TB - For backup + Random Storage
Duel Boot with Vista 64bit Ultimate and XP 32bit(for Back Up)
450watt PSU

Mods:
Painted the case white with Black detailing. Added 6 new fans. Cut perspex plastic for the front of the case for a fan. Added mesh + fan filter in the floppy drive bay. Added mesh at the back of the case to mount a fan. Drilled holes and put in grommets in the case for cable management. Drilled hole in motherboard shield Plate where I soldered a Blue LED so it was easy to see where the speaker wires plug in as i often pull them out to plug my xbox360 to my speakers :)... Realistically i need a splitter... not sure where if you can buy them. But regardless it looks cool IMO. I bought 100 Blue led's off ebay... I'm not sure if ill put any more in...

Everything run cool. HDD's 22C, CPU 28 Idle 57 Under 100% Load. GPU 37 Idle, 58 100% Load.

I get sexy FPS in games. Eg WoW 140 FPS in Old parts of the game and get a solid 30-40 FPS in peak times in Dalaran.
Also with crysis Warhead I can play on Gamer spec (Almost full graphics) at a solid 60FPS... I have tried playing on full graphics but I don't like the lag when the Fps drops below 30 when some extreme action starts.

Also I though some might be interested to know my start up times at approx. 30 seconds and I have spent a lot of time optimising my OS paying particular attention to the way I partitioned my HDD's. I have tried to make my system as efficient as i can for the hardware that i have. =D

I still need to make a side case... It will probably be made out of a thin perspex and thumb screwed on. I also need to make a fan grill and filter for the front 120mm fan.

Note: the last picture was taken half way though the mod where i was mucking around with some mesh to see what it would look like etc. Unforuntalty i don't have any picture's from prior to mod other than that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

digitalblasphamy

dude everything looks nice, its bright, cable managment is good only thing is that you have no pics of this paint job you did you should put the case back together and take a pic of it. i like the matching displays to. dual screens is the only way to fly.
http://techpowerup.com/gallery/2228.html here is mine i hope you vote.

A

alt24q

dude everything looks nice, its bright, cable managment is good only thing is that you have no pics of this paint job you did you should put the case back together and take a pic of it. i like the matching displays to. dual screens is the only way to fly.
http://techpowerup.com/gallery/2228.html here is mine i hope you vote.

Thanks. Although there is plenty of pictures of the paint job... lol the whole inside and back of the case is white... look... If you also take notice of the last picture you will see that was prior to painting. Also when you say put it back together and then take a picture of it... You mean put the side case on? right... If you read what i wrote in the information... i said i haven't finished the side for it... but regardless it won't look much different as the side will be made out of clear perplex...

D

digitalblasphamy

Thanks. Although there is plenty of pictures of the paint job... lol the whole inside and back of the case is white... look... If you also take notice of the last picture you will see that was prior to painting. Also when you say put it back together and then take a picture of it... You mean put the side case on? right... If you read what i wrote in the information... i said i haven't finished the side for it... but regardless it won't look much different as the side will be made out of clear perplex...
my bad i guess it is while it looked silver the first time.

System Name no
Processor 4930k
Motherboard rampage extreme black edition iv
Cooling h115
Memory 16gb dominator gt 2400 c9
Video Card(s) gtx 770
Storage samsung 250ssd
Case enthoo primo
Power Supply 1200w
I voted 8/10 because:

just like it

Ammugonevil

System Name Vader...(Alienware ALX X-58 Yes Im scum...)
Processor Intel Core i7-975 Stock clocking
Motherboard ASUS P6T DELUXE V2
Cooling Liquid cooling (AlienIce 3. to CPU), 3x 80mm Fans left and right, and rear
Memory Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 x1600 (3x 2GB)
Video Card(s) Nvidia Geforce 295 GTX 1,792 MB
Storage 1st Drive SSD 512GB (2x 256GB Raid 0), 2nd Drive 500GB 7200rpm
Display(s) 24" Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP
Case P2
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster Titanium X-FI 7.1, Alienware TactX™ Headset, Logitech X-210 2.1
Power Supply ALX 1200W
Software MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark 2006 3DMark Score- 21,192.00 3DMarks SM2.0 Score- 7,670.00 HDR/SM3.0 Score- 10,588.00
I prefer Ice blue to red themes.... dude the rig looks real cool, a lil wire management.....maybe even a dry ice machine and your in business

A

alt24q

I voted 2/10 because:

This is ugly. Do you really need so many fans? I doubt adding some of those fans, like the ones on the hard drive, will drop your temperatures. Getting a better case would, though.

Yo! I appreciate the comment although allow me to clarify. Surprisingly adding the extra fans has without a doubt dropped my temperatures sigificiantly! Giving me the ability to overclock higher with stability. The two fans over the HDD's have dropped the temps of them but it's not the real aim. The idea of those fans is to supply the graphics card with more cool air, which might i add has worked very well. Not to mention that having the HDD's cooled increases their life and stability.

Also, you are right in saying that a 'better' case would provide lower temps, and i'm sure with half the noise. Although I must say, I only paid $50 for this case and it was cheep to mod, not to mention fun as well. I am quite happy with the outcome and ill have to leave it at that.

Thanks!

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.8GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte X48T-DQ6
Cooling Zalman 9500 LED CPU Cooler
Memory 2x 2GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 DHX - 1600MH/PC3-12800
Video Card(s) Gigabyte HD4870 1GB
Storage 2x Seagate 320GB Barracuda (RAID 0) 3x 1TB Samsung F3, 140GB WD Maxtor (10,000rpm)
Display(s) 2x 20" LG Flatron L204WS
Power Supply Powercool 850W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Looks great. I like the front fan. Gotta change out that CPU cooler though IMO. Away from the case...

What you got on your second monitor? I can make out windows sidebar on the right, but what's on the left?

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.8GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte X48T-DQ6
Cooling Zalman 9500 LED CPU Cooler
Memory 2x 2GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 DHX - 1600MH/PC3-12800
Video Card(s) Gigabyte HD4870 1GB
Storage 2x Seagate 320GB Barracuda (RAID 0) 3x 1TB Samsung F3, 140GB WD Maxtor (10,000rpm)
Display(s) 2x 20" LG Flatron L204WS
Power Supply Powercool 850W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64