• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Gets Tough on Storage with New 64GB Flash Survivor USB Drive

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Corsair, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer memory, power supplies and flash memory products, including solid-state drives, today announced the new 64GB Flash Survivor USB drive, the most rugged high-capacity flash drive on the market.

Corsair's ultra-durable Flash Survivor USB drives have proven extremely popular with consumers thanks to their super-strong, CNC-milled, aircraft-grade aluminum casing, which makes them practically indestructible. Each drive is also fitted with a molded, shock-dampening collar and EPDM seal, which provides water-resistance to a depth of 200 meters. In independent reviews, the Flash Survivor has been dropped, baked, boiled, encased in ice, zapped in a microwave and even run over by an SUV, yet it still came back for more!

The 64GB Flash Survivor boasts the same ultra-rugged credentials, with the added benefit of high storage capacity and higher performance compared to most other 64GB flash drives currently available.

"The new 64GB Flash Survivor takes the industry's most popular rugged USB drive and takes it to the next level, with a huge amount of storage space, plus best-in-class performance," said Jim Carlton, VP of Marketing for Corsair. "The 64GB Survivor is ideal for storing and transporting your music, videos, pictures and other important files, safe in the knowledge that your data will be safeguarded inside the Survivor's protective shell."

The 64GB Survivor's ruggedness and high capacity also makes it ideal for use as a super-secure data backup device, in combination with backup products, such as Corsair's Flash Voyager Port. Combining the 64GB Survivor with the Disaster Recovery feature of the NovaBACKUP software bundled with the Flash Voyager Port creates a near disaster-proof backup solution.

The Corsair 64GB Flash Survivor is available immediately through Corsair's worldwide authorized dealer channel. Each drive is bundled with a USB extension cable and dog tags, and is backed by a 10-year limited warranty and comprehensive customer support via telephone, email, forum and the Tech Support Express helpdesk.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

10TaTioN

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo Q9550 @ 3.833Ghz [Stable]
Motherboard ASUS P5Q Pro
Cooling Xigmatek HDT-S1283
Memory Team Group DDR2 Xtreem Dark PC2-8500 @ 902Mhz
Video Card(s) PNY GTX 570
Storage Western Digital 1TB WD10EARS
Case AeroCool AeroEngine II
Software Windows 7 x64 RTM
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=754350
Lightsaber Flash Drive :eek:

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
and EPDM seal, which provides water-resistance to a depth of 200 meters

If you drop that baby in 650 ft of water you're going to need someone who is specialized in technical diving to retrieve it for you. Normal recreational SCUBA limit is 40 meter (130 ft.).

In any event ... I think I just may get one. It's kind of cool.

Last edited:
System Name Cool Runnings Mark 2
Processor i7 4770k No OC
Motherboard MSI Z87 MPower
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory GSkill TridentX 2400MHz 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1070 Ti Duke, EVGA GTX 780 AC+
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, 3 more HDDs
Display(s) 2x MSI 32" 2560 x 1440 144Hz Optix MAG321CQR, Acer G276HLDbd Black 27" 6ms
Case Corsair 600t
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razer DeathAdder
Keyboard Steelseries Merc Stealth
Software Win10 Pro 64-bit
i have the 32GB version and i love it
bought the only thing i dont like about it is the slow write speeds of about 7MB/S

this new one looks a lot cooler though