• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sharkoon Presents the Rebel9 Series Successors

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Sharkoon introduces four new Midi-ATX housings, which provide plenty of room for hardware configuration and system cooling as well as multiple designs for different requirements and styling ideas. The Sharkoon Rebel9 Pro model inherits its optimized housing construction from the previous Sharkoon Rebel9. However, this housing top-seller from Sharkoon has undergone a dramatic revision. This successor comes with numerous improvements and still carries a nearly consistent market sales price. All housings are constructed from sturdy SECC-steel with black exterior and interior lacquer. Behind the synthetic front panel, consisting of screens and an air intake in the mesh design as well as a high-gloss, stainless steel frame edging, the Pro option offers nine possible optical drive bays. With help from enclosed, decoupled mounting angles or suitable installation frames, for example the Sharkoon HDD Vibe-Fixer, 3.5" drives can also be utilized. The upper six drives are provided with removable faceplates, however, before using the remaining three drives the bracket for the 120mm fan must be simply removed, if necessary. Removable 5.25" faceplates will be made available by Sharkoon shortly as an optional accessory set.

Two USB 2.0 ports, one eSATA port, headphone and microphone ports, as well as the power and reset button are easily accessible on the housing top. The back contains seven slots for expansion cards and two hose extensions for an optional water cooler.

Newly featured in the Pro version is also the main board retention system: a practical cable slot in the main board allows concealing the cables between the main board mounting brackets and the side panel, offering unobstructed air circulated inside the housing. Another convenient feature is the generous amount of space below the CPU cooler; therefore it can be easily replaced without having to first remove the main board. The installation of hardware occur largely tool free; the drives allow it with a quick-locking assembly. The power supply sits at the bottom of the housing on spacers over the air intake. All intake vents are protected with removable dust filters. The housing measures 455 x 202 x 440mm (L x W x H), the empty weight is 6kg.

The Sharkoon Rebel9 is available in two different fan configuration editions, so that the customer can completely tailor the hardware configuration to their individual and cooling needs: The Economy Edition, without any preinstalled fans, provides brackets for a 120mm fan on the front, two 120mm fans on each side panel, an 80mm or 120mm fan on the back side as well as a 120mm or 140mm fan on the top. The Value Edition provides a 120mm LED with 3 and 4 pin power terminals in the front, a 120mm fan on the back side and a 250mm LED fan with an integrated, external speed governor on the side panel for plenty of fresh air and illuminated by a stylish blue LED. Additionally, a 120mm or 140mm fan could be installed on the housing cover.

Both "Rebel9" Pro models stand together with another new housing model. Users who prefer an elegant aluminium front panel, instead of a mesh design, would find the Rebel9 Aluminium a suitable model: The front panel presents a massive, black brushed Aluminium cover with premium "diamond cut" edging and removable faceplates. A 120mm fan is preinstalled in the front with additional existing mounts for two 120mm fans on the side panels, an 80mm or 120mm fan on the back side and a 120mm or 140mm fan on the housing cover.

The Sharkoon Nightfall provides the same fan layouts as well as brushed aluminium with diamond polish framing. Unlike the Rebel9 models, the Sharkoon Nightfall comes with a hard drive cage in which five 3.5" drives can be installed. In addition, there are five 5.25" drive bays. The hard drives are cooled by a blue illuminating LED 120mm fan whose air intake rotates behind the front panel. The hard drive cage can be rotated 90 degrees so that the disks can be easily inserted through the opened side panel. In necessary, the cage can be removed to make space for the installation of a water cooler.

Owners of the Rebel9 Aluminium, Rebel9 Pro Economy, or the Nightfall who want to retrofit their models with the powerful 250mm LED fan of the ?Rebel9 Pro Value? model can soon also purchase the appropriate side panel separately. End customers can find the new Sharkoon Housing immediately from authorized retailers.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name TaichiTig
Processor i7 6800K
Motherboard ASRock X99 Taichi
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4070
Storage SSD + Misc. HDDs in DrivePool
Display(s) BenQ PD3200U, Samsung C32HG70
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) Behringer UMC404HD, LSR308, Shure SRH840, AKG K612, Etymotic HF5
Power Supply Corsair 750TX
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Deck Legend Ice Tactile
Software Win10
Looks sharp.

System Name Box
Processor AMD 720BE @ 3700MHz 1.4v
Motherboard Biostar TA790GX 128M
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer64 (I know I've had it years but it just works)
Memory Corsair 4 x 2Gb (8Gb DDR2)
Video Card(s) ATI HD4850 512Mb
Storage Samsung F3 1TB OS, Samsung F3 1TB Media
Display(s) 22" Belinea 1680 x 1050
Case Coolermaster HAF 922 (dusty)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Extreme Music
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 550w
Software Windows 7-64
Benchmark Scores 8669 in Overdrive 3.0.2
I had the old one which I bought from Maplin for £29.95 with the 250mm side fan included. The hard drive mounting system was terrible, but the best thing was the front mounted 4 x USB ports. The new one looks ok - and should be quieter as my old model had all-mesh front bays. The interior looks very familiar though - very Akasa / NZXT...

If the price is the same as it was before...

System Name FlowTI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 RGB
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB 6000MHz/CL30 RGB
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4070 Ti
Storage Main: Crucial P5 Plus 1TB | Data: Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) DELL S2721DGFA 165Hz
Case NZXT H5 Flow RGB
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Firefly Black DAC | Beyerdynamic DT 700 PRO X | Shure MV7 Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech Pro X Superlight
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores Don't care
Ok, they look VERY sexy in my opinion. If the price is right, those could be very popular.

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
I like the simplicity of those cases, i may have just found my next case... if the price is right.

OnBoard

Processor Core i5-750 @ 3.6GHz 1.136V 24/7
Motherboard Gigabyte P55A-UD3, SATA 6Gbit/s & USB3.0 baby!
Cooling Alpenföhn Brocken HeatpipeDirectTouch
Memory Geil Ultra Series 4GB 2133MHz DDR3 @ 1440MHz 7-7-7-24
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB OC (mostly stock speeds)
Storage OS: Samsung F3 500GB Games: Samsung F1 640GB
Display(s) new! Samsung P2350 23" FullHD 2ms / Mirai DTL-632E500 32" LCD
Case new! Xigmatek Midgard/Utgard side window with red cathodes, 1x140mm & 3x120mm fans
Audio Device(s) new! ASUS Xonar DG & JVC HA-RX700 headphones
Power Supply Cougar CM 700W Modular
Software Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Benchmark Scores Logitech UltraX Premium & G5 laser v2 + Ulti-mat Breathe X2 for fragging
Price should be right, the pervious model was really cheap. Had the Rebel9 economy (without the sidefan and 5.25" from top to bottom).

So 2nd it this picture http://www.techpowerup.com/img/10-02-03/15b.jpg
And this picture http://www.techpowerup.com/img/10-02-03/15d.jpg combined would be the new model.

New model is so much improved, PSU is now on bottom, has holes for cable management and if it still comes with the great fan bracket (http://www.sharkoon.com/pix/illus/450/tqxs02_5.jpg) in front it's a winner. You can literally mount that at any level on the front, buy another bracket at the same time (from the old model) and you can get a wind tunnel for CPU and another feeding cold air to GPU.

Would so get one of these if I still neede a case. Oh and you'll need for example this: http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/acc/042/scyhdsx4-detail.html for those all 5.25" fronts.

U

uro

4th case

whats the case in the 2nd picture to the most right?

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
Black but loose

Here's what I don't get, they painted the rim black, including all the bits every few inch/cm that are suppose to make contact with the sidepanel so it is grounded and thus shielding EM, now if it's all painted doesn't that mean EM shielding is gone and it's now more a deflector?
Now you might say that's good enough but then they might as well make the rim smooth too.
And then there's the screwholes for the motherboard standoffs, those are also painted so the motherboard, which normally has silver areas around the screwholes to make contact with the case's ground via the metal standoffs also doesn't work as it should.
And the covers for the PCI(e) expansionslots are also not making proper contact with ground, apart from contact via the screws when they scrape off paint in the screwholes maybe, so basically I wonder if the case it at all grounded or just something that wildly bounces EM signals around.

It's a bit curious. But it looks nice though :)

Last edited:
System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten

Oh its a casecom 6788 !

U

uro

i dont see the Sharkoon Rebel9 Aluminum on the sharkoon's website thou

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
i dont see the Sharkoon Rebel9 Aluminum on the sharkoon's website thou

I don't think they are up for sale yet. If you click on home, there is a news brief there.

System Name Geting old
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 940 Processor BE 3.8 Ghz
Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL.. MS-7388 1.0
Cooling CORSAIR H50 water cooler
Memory 8 GB of Patriot Extreme Performance DDR2 4GB (2 x 2GB)PC2-6400 Enhanced Latency
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Display(s) LG FLATRON W2361V 23"
Case RAIDMAX SMILODON
Audio Device(s) HD Realtek
Power Supply Two 1000W ULTRA X3 wired together
Mouse Logitech G9x Laser
Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB
Software Windows 10 pro
Lots of headroom cool