• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Alien Vs Predator: First Impression (SP)

System Name Smilk
Benchmark Scores Infinite....
Been playing multiplayer a little, it's kinda generic, the quick match system seems to be a tad lame, I thought they said they'd have dedicated servers!

we have to get a couple of guys doing the co-op survival, it's awesome! just got 65 kills before i got over run. I've turned down the gamma and you can barely see the aliens scurrying about.

Add me on steam if you wanna play, my names same as TPU name

For sure.

System Name THE MAD BEAST!!!
Processor Tinfoil rapper with some coathangers
Motherboard Graham cracker with with frosting
Cooling A shovel full of snow
Memory Grey matter out of a corpse
Video Card(s) Cat eyes
Storage A whales brain
Display(s) Cyclops eyeball
Case Inside a yetis hollowed out corpse
Audio Device(s) howling banchee
Power Supply 32 hamster on a massive wheel
Software WHo needs software when you have a box of kittens
Benchmark Scores IS gatrillions a number?
im in south korea, and cannot see AVP on steam? anyone got any ideas....fricking weird

Stonesour767

Processor Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 4.0Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P7P55D PRO
Cooling 4x120mm 1x200mm
Memory Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600Mhz 4096MB RAM
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD4870 1024Mb
Storage SATA 320Gb SATA 500GB
Display(s) belinea 20"
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Titanium
Power Supply Corsair TX750w
Software Windows 7 Home premium 64bit
domy whats your steam addy?

shevanel

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1148443

I agree that right now the multiplayer is a little weak without dedicated servers. We should have them really soon. I think once we have dedicated servers the MP will be 10 times better.

the MP itself is fun but right now using the matchmaking system sucks so I don't even bother. Once dedi's are up I'll be looking for a solid predator hunt server but at the moment it's takes too long to find a game and once you do it never lasts long because if the host leaves it's over

http://www.petitiononline.com/dediavp3/petition.html

Last edited:

Stonesour767

Processor Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 4.0Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P7P55D PRO
Cooling 4x120mm 1x200mm
Memory Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600Mhz 4096MB RAM
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD4870 1024Mb
Storage SATA 320Gb SATA 500GB
Display(s) belinea 20"
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Titanium
Power Supply Corsair TX750w
Software Windows 7 Home premium 64bit
woah, just a score of 5000 on the survival coop mode, was hell but was so fun, needs a lot more light, such as those flares, and even the sentry guns for fun!

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Finally got around to it.

First impression on performance is that DX11 executable (even on non DX11 hardware) is noticeably faster than DX9.
First problem on performance is that 10.1 ATi drivers and later sends me to desktop when I load a save.
First solution on performance is to use 9.2(note 9.2 hotfix version gives about 5-10 FPS more on the high end, keeping you nice and smooth). 9.2 vanilla is a bit slower and stutters some.

First impression on visuals is that it DOES look a bit outdated, I was expecting a bit more, but unfortunately..consulitis was not avoided here. The built-in AA does an ok job, but some areas it's really noticeably lacking.

First impression on gameplay is that when playing Marine, the weapons are awfully weak. In close quarters versus multiple aliens, you're pretty much screwed unless you grenade launcher them. Even the "normal" setting is more difficult than it would be in other games.

Predator controls are good, and neat as well, though that whole 'hold mouse 2' > 'mouse 1' to stun an attacker gets a bit annoying. Really it should just say Block>Light Attack. I'm also surprised how weak the Predator is, he dies way too easily.

Not done Alien yet, will get to that soon.

First impression on audio is that they're very well done, although a bit watered down. They could be a bit louder and more surround oriented.
First problem with audio is that now and again you get a speaker popping and intermittent cutting out of sounds.
First solution with audio has been none, except to not play any of the audio tapes you pick-up; though might be placebo.

First impression on stability is not so great. I get crashes everytime at particular locations, and it's really annoying that when you save, it doesn't save where YOU saved, it puts you back at a checkpoint.

Multiplayer as already discussed, but Co-op is where it's at. I cannot really get into any deathmatch, because Predator tends to end up being a one-shot 1:1 kill to death ratio frag fest.

If I could just get it to stop crashing, I'd be content.

System Name Smilk
Benchmark Scores Infinite....
My steam is autodomy. Stonesour i will add you today. I beat all the campains and I want to say that the marine wins by a nose over predator. Alien is not even comparable, but thats my thought. I played multiplayer and wow I never had so much fun. Multiplayer A+++ for this game guys. I still dont see dedicated servers when i browse for them??? Kind of waiting for them or am I doing something wrong?

Another cool game is shattered horizon by futuremark for $10 bucks. Best money I ever spent. Super fun and graphics are very decent to expect coming from a benchmark company.

shevanel

the dedicated server files should be showing up under TOOLs in steam any day now, ive been persistently checking up and if I find anything out ill surely post it here.

shevanel

we might be getting closer to something better as far as servers go. It looks as if they are testing their stuff now...