• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Reaffirms Commitment to Support Mac Users

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Today at the Game Developers Conference, Razer, the world's leading manufacturer of high-end precision gaming and lifestyle peripherals, announced an effort to increase support for Mac users by issuing driver support for all upcoming Razer products, including the Razer StarCraft II peripheral suite.

"I'm very proud to say that at Razer, we are committed to supporting both Mac and PC gamers," said Robert "Razerguy" Krakoff, president, Razer USA. "We are constantly working to increase driver support for Mac with our existing Razer products and have plans to release all of our new products with dedicated Mac and PC drivers. This is a really exciting opportunity to expand the gaming industry and make it more inclusive for Mac users by providing the same level of support that we give to our PC users."

In April of 2008, the Razer DeathAdder for Mac was revealed, crafted specifically to provide Max OS X users with the same legendary ergonomic form factor and precision enjoyed by the PC gaming community. Complete with lunar white accents to accentuate the crisp, clean lines customary to Apple products, the Razer DeathAdder for Mac is loaded with 1000Hz Ultrapolling technology and five independently programmable Razer Hyperesponse buttons.

Today, Razer is proud to offer several options for the Mac gaming community, providing full Mac support for the Razer Naga, the world's best selling MMO gaming mouse, as well as the Razer DeathAdder, a cult favorite among the right-handed gaming community. Razer is completely committed to supporting Mac users and will be releasing drivers to equip existing products with Mac compatibility. Basic Mac support is already available for the Razer Orochi, Razer Mamba and Razer Imperator, with further updates scheduled for later this year.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Custom AMD FX
Processor AMD FX 8320 @ 4.62GHz (225MHz Bus Speed)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P (1.0)
Cooling Corsair Seidon 240V in Push Pull
Memory 16 GB DDR3 (4x4GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 470 8GB
Storage 120GB ADATA SP550 + 1TB WD Black
Display(s) AOC I2369VM 23" 1920x1080
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400s Black & Red
Audio Device(s) Creative E-MU 0202 USB
Power Supply Corsair CX600M
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Perixx PX-1000
Software Windows 10 Pro N x64
I guess this is in some way related to Valve providing Steam and Source based games for the Mac.
I have the Deathadder Mac edition but only because the white led matches my screen leds and keyboard :p

PCpraiser100

System Name REBEL R1
Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard ASUS P6T
Cooling Stock
Memory 6GB OCZ GOLD TC LV Kit 1866MHz@1.65V 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) Two Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X Xfire'd and OC'd (920/1330)
Storage Seagate 7200.11 500GB 32MB
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D1 PCI Sound Card
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 500W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Benchmark Scores 16585 Performance Score on 3DMark Vantage
Wow another piece of news involving with the Mac platform, I wonder if they followed Valve?

System Name Getting old!
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3,9Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H
Cooling About sufficient air cooling
Memory 4GB Dominator DDR2 1066 @1040Mhz
Video Card(s) Club 3D Radeon HD6950 1GB
Storage 120GB Kingston SSDNow 200V+, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
Display(s) Crossover 27Q LED-P (lovely!)
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Integrated -> optical -> HELIX P DSP
Power Supply Corsair HX620W
Software Win7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark11 P5285 WPrime 1.55 10,15 sec Super Pi Mod 1.5 17,920 sec
They should make a mouse that "disables" the awful mouse acceleration in mac! So that the mouse would track how fast it's moving and the same time as imac's acceleration curve goes hill climbing, razer's mouse would drop its DPI or something.

The mouse acceleration in mac is the most annoying thing in it. Our school has imacs for multimedia/editing purposes... and those things are horrific.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Razer should reaffirm their commitment to PC users going with a different sensor. I've had nothing but problems with some of their newer mice, as have others. Great to see Mac's starting to become gaming machines. Love it!

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
pitty graphic cards 4 MAC are still woefully underpowerd & overpriced. last GPU i saw for a MAC was a ATi 4850 that was going for way over the price of a standard 4870 for PC.

that part of the market still needs to change a lot....but IMO MACs arent supposed to be gaming machines, even if they are running Intel CPUs

MickNat

System Name Nat's your lot!!
Processor i7 920 - 2.66Ghz Stock
Motherboard P6T-SE X58
Cooling Lots
Memory 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Dual HD 5770's
Storage 2x WD 1Tb
Display(s) Samsung 24" 1080P - 5ms DVI LCD
Case CoolerMaster Storm Scout - MID ATX Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CoolerMaster 650w RealPower
Software Windows 7 Premium x64
pitty graphic cards 4 MAC are still woefully underpowerd & overpriced. last GPU i saw for a MAC was a ATi 4850 that was going for way over the price of a standard 4870 for PC.

that part of the market still needs to change a lot....but IMO MACs arent supposed to be gaming machines, even if they are running Intel CPUs

If you can get the mac bios for that 4850 you can flash a regular pc 4850 to use on a mac, there is no hardware difference.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
If you can get the mac bios for that 4850 you can flash a regular pc 4850 to use on a mac, there is no hardware difference.

true - but how many MAC users actually know they could do that?? & secondly does RBE or GPUZ even work on MAC?? (unless their using bootcamp????)

but its strange why people would opt for a MAC when you can get so much with the same money on a pc & asside from MAC OS what is there that a MAC can do that a PC cant??

its just a nerd rage about OS's IMO - Pro MAC people dislike the Windows OS but pay more for hardware/tech that does less. where as Pro PC pay less for hardware/tech that does more & does almost everything that a MAC can do.

Pro MAC lovers to scream,whine & bitch about how Windows OS's pick up viruses like a cheap whore on a friday night, but has one of them attention seeking style & scene junkies ever thought about using decent anti-virus/firewall software before bitching, flaming & raging when their system gets bogged down by spyware & eated by viruses??

but I admit the victory for that goes to the MAC since hax0rs dont code viruses to work on MACs or if they do then they are a minority & in such a small percentage that a MAC actually being infected with a virus is pretty much 10 -1 chance (unless im wrong, Ive only heard of a 'infected MAC' once)

therefore - MAC users are either incredibly stupid or just plain lazy to the point where they cant be arsed to look after their systems properly.

like everything else in this world - everything needs careful looking after otherwise it will break.

-------

& I apologise if I offended any MAC users, this is not a rant but merely a point of view. I did not target the individual MAC user, I was refering MAC users in general. But if you must then please feel free to pm me hatemail.