• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tribute to W1zzard

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Big Devil
Processor Intel Core i5-2500K
Motherboard ECS P67H2-A2
Cooling XSPC Rasa | Black Ice GT Stealth 240 | XSPC X2O 750 | 2x ACF12PWM | PrimoChill White 7/16"
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP Arctic White 1600MHz CL9
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ACX SC
Storage Intel 520 Series 180GB + WD 1TB Blue
Display(s) HP ZR30W 30" 2650x1600 IPS
Case Corsair 600T SE
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX | Sennheisser PC350 "Hero" Modded | Corsair SP2500
Power Supply ABS SL 1050W (Enermax Revolution Rebadge)
Software Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/ Media Center
Benchmark Scores Ducky Year of the Snake w/ Cherry MX Browns & Year of the Tiger PBT Keycaps | Razer Deathadder Black
In light of recent events, I wanted to create a thread where the members of this community could pay tribute to the man that was, is, and always will be: techPowerUp!

...I don't even know where to begin here.

I came to TPU originally for the great reviews. They have been getting better and better ever since. W1zz, you spend thousands of dollars on hardware that nobody else has (ex. to measure power consumption of GPUs themselves rather than the whole system) and have given the community here so much.

I have stayed at TPU for the community, and I have learned endless amounts of knowledge here. To be honest, I owe TechPowerUp! forums a lot. I learned 95% of what I know about computers right here.

To be frank, I am almost ashamed to call myself a part of this community after what I saw happen in that thread. Those people have no idea how much time you have put into every review, and how much time a re-bench of cards takes.

If you do leave us, I just hope you know that you will be dearly missed, and that what you saw in that thread is not an accurate reflection of how much the TPU community appreciates all the hard work you have done.

:toast: to W1zzard in all his future endeavors, here or elsewhere!

W1zz, you have given the public the best video card reviews I have ever seen. High resolution pictures of the PCB for voltmods, exact power consumption, tons of games and benchmarks, incredibly useful performance, price/performance, power/performance charts, and so much more. Without your reviews from back in the day, I would have never stepped foot into the forums and become the person that I am today. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

:toast: to W1zzard!

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Tribute paid, to one of the greatest, most knowledgeable, friendliest, and intelligent people I have had the pleasure of knowing!

:respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect:

Here is to you my friend! :toast:

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Status
Not open for further replies.