• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS ROG Crosshair IV Extreme Features Hydra

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.

Kitkat

What I am getting at is the fastest slots are used but those other slots right underneath get sacrificed because videocards are dual slot anymore, and Scaling beyond 2 goes downhill.

Its supposed to be blocked electrically it wont work. This post is more about the "Lucid Chip" and less about the motherboards features. So let me fill you in 4 of them run at 16X Yes 4, not 2 like yours. Like i said all the features aren't listed here so maybe you didn't know that. Anyway motherboard makers know about the spacing this when looking at a board u know what slots will be blocked. Its as optimized as it going to get so i dont know what u mean about that. People continue to say that about every board but dont stop to think.

If your only going to crossfire ud still have 2 16X PCIE free + PCI for a sound card or anything else. Thats if u use the first 2... And since 4 of them run at 16X you woudlnt have to use the first 2 to crossfire. You could use the next 2 down. The switches AT THE TOP of the board next to the buttons turn them on and off. Since u can do this to 4, scaling wouldn't go down. And the on-board sound this one is the full Supreme FX (no bs). Theres no reason to add a card.

You wouldn't buy this kind of motherboard to be server or full media center ect. "using all the ports" They have motherboards for that, ppl who trifire/quadfire have one thing on there mind. People who buy boards like this OC for fun or game. Its a monster board.

Last edited:
System Name THE MAD BEAST!!!
Processor Tinfoil rapper with some coathangers
Motherboard Graham cracker with with frosting
Cooling A shovel full of snow
Memory Grey matter out of a corpse
Video Card(s) Cat eyes
Storage A whales brain
Display(s) Cyclops eyeball
Case Inside a yetis hollowed out corpse
Audio Device(s) howling banchee
Power Supply 32 hamster on a massive wheel
Software WHo needs software when you have a box of kittens
Benchmark Scores IS gatrillions a number?
nice motherboard, im glad i held off on the intial im getting this one instead and jamming some shitty low end nvidida card in there to get some physx for the 7 games that support it. lol

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I still prefer a Sound Card over Onboard audio. But from what you are saying I Could use those top 2 slots and then the rest for other devices or spread the cards out and use a Long Crossfire Cable? I intend on running a 1090T BE, 5870- possibly 2, Sound card, possibly a Raid Controller and a network controller. Since Server Market don't have enthusiast Class Products for 2 way CPUs and overclocking with expansion that anyone could dream about with DDR3, I gotta settle for this stuff.

Its supposed to be blocked electrically it wont work. This post is more about the "Lucid Chip" and less about the motherboards features. So let me fill you in 4 of them run at 16X Yes 4, not 2 like yours. Like i said all the features aren't listed here so maybe you didn't know that. Anyway motherboard makers know about the spacing this when looking at a board u know what slots will be blocked. Its as optimized as it going to get so i dont know what u mean about that. People continue to say that about every board but dont stop to think.

If your only going to crossfire ud still have 2 16X PCIE free + PCI for a sound card or anything else. Thats if u use the first 2... And since 4 of them run at 16X you woudlnt have to use the first 2 to crossfire. You could use the next 2 down. The switches AT THE TOP of the board next to the buttons turn them on and off. Since u can do this to 4, scaling wouldn't go down. And the on-board sound this one is the full Supreme FX (no bs). Theres no reason to add a card.

You wouldn't buy this kind of motherboard to be server or full media center ect. "using all the ports" They have motherboards for that, ppl who trifire/quadfire have one thing on there mind. People who buy boards like this OC for fun or game. Its a monster board.

Kitkat

no.... u can use any 2.. any .. read it again.... and its true supreme FX unless your speakers are suck it wont mater. ... 6 of them are sata6 native wont matter.. ud still have 3 pcie left after crossfire.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I might grab this board or the Gigabyte UD7- Unless if DFI rises from the ashes with a Bad ass product like yesterday.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4

Yes there is. Supreme FX is junk. Not really any better than standard on-board. A real enthusiast sound card is still better in every way.

Agree with all else.