• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Barton

System Name Old Gateway / Steam Deck OLED LE
Processor i5 4440 3.1ghz / Jupiter 4c 8t
Motherboard Gateway / Valve
Cooling Eh it doesn't thermal throttle
Memory 2x 8GB JEDEC 1600mhz DDR3 / 16gb DDR5 6400
Video Card(s) RX 560D 4GB / Navi II 8CU
Storage 240gb 2.5 SSD / 1TB nvme
Display(s) Dell @ 1280*1024 75hz / 800p OLED
Case Gateway / Valve LE
Audio Device(s) Gateway Diamond Audio EMC2.0-USB 5375U ($15 a long ass time ago), Valve
Power Supply 380w oem / 65w valve USB-C
Mouse Purple Walmart special, 1600dpi. Black desk mat
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 100 / virtual
VR HMD Lmao
Software Windows 10 / Steam OS
Benchmark Scores It can run Crysis (Original), Doom 2016, and Halo MCC. SD LE 45fps
To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2500
Corsair XMS DDR400 2x 512mb
160GB WD IDE hard drive
ATI Radeon 9600XT OC to 575mhz
Abit NF7-S (best mobo i've ever had)
nForce 2 Audio
XP Pro SP2
300watt psu

Mods:
Installed Arctic Cooling Freezer (some number i forgot), rigged up 3 90mm fans at the bottom of the case (was planning to cut out a hole in the side panel), each fan was rated at 50cfm and were pulled from old IBM pcs. mounted a 20cfm 40mm fan on the video card over where the old fan was (old fan burned out)

when voting please keep in mind that this rig was built in 2005. These are just some old pics I found on a backup cd and i decided to share it. I mostly used the rig for half life 2, CS1.6, and war rock. however it played every game out there (at the time). ran fear on med-high (one of the most intense games at the time). I don't have pics of the rest of the hardware, but i do have a rather funny pic of the hardware that was skinned for HL2, which surprisingly was very close to what was IN the computer, esp. the ati card. I also included some cpu-z screens. wish i had a gpu-z pic of my overclock. I also had quite the setup back then lol. 2 monitors and 1 tv could all be use at the same time! i had an s-vid cable going to the gamestop switch from my rear s-vid on the card. i could use it as a display for vent, while i had firefox (google crome didn't yet exist) on the other monitor and CS 1.6 on the main monitor.

the gameplay pics are just to show the desktop and multitasking the system could do. everything in the pics of my computer "desk" was hooked up to the computer i some way, even the radio (hooked into line in on the sound card) but not the gamecube or lavalamp lol

again, when voting, please don't compare it with a core i7/PII! compare it with the rigs of 2005 plz.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
Brings back memories

Wow.... I had a very similar set up when i first got into computers!!! My wife was sure I was gonna burn the house down or blow it or something. I frankensteined my stereo system, vcr, video game, tv and computer together. My very own multi monitored super Bat computer that feed my electronic fixation. Didn't matter how far behind the curve I was. It was mine, I built it, and it did what I needed it to do.... Until I crossed some wires and fried it like i work for KFC or something. I not gonna vote or rate it because, it made me remember THE WHY i got into computers and the fun i had. THAT'S PRICELESS. Keep modding!!! infinity/10

Szpara

just like ensabrenoir sad, every one of us had to begin somewhere, how it looks now to other it dos not matter, its what you get out of it :)

rick22

System Name bubba
Processor e something
Motherboard old but good mobo
Cooling my farts
Memory can't find it
Video Card(s) EVGA 250 took a shit..back to my 4850..fk off ati fanboys
Storage i think i have one
Display(s) not sure but it sucks
Case lol my mouth
Audio Device(s) me
Power Supply ass farts
Software that sucks to
Benchmark Scores i'm so fat i sat on the bench and smashed assssit
anyone who shows thier pc on tpu i give a 3 ...and that what i gave yours...

_jM

System Name The money pit v.2 (v.1 is the wife!)
Processor Core2Quad-Q9550@3.9ghz/1860mhzFSB @1.344v
Motherboard ASUS Maximus II Formula = best damn P45 OCer out there!
Cooling CoolerMster V8-- Custom WC system on the way! =]
Memory 8GB DOMINATORS @1100mhz 5-5-5-18
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 280
Storage 150GB WesternDigital Velociraptor OS Drive/1 WD 500AAKS for Storage
Display(s) SAMSUNG 2243SWX 22" LCD
Case Cooler Master Cosmos S w/custom lighting and cable management
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium (Fatality edition) - paired with RAZER Barracuda's
Power Supply CORSAIR HX1000W modular PSU
Software Windows 7 RC 7100--eats vista for breakfast lunch and dinner!
Benchmark Scores Coming to a theater near you!

_jM

Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium (Fatality edition) - paired with RAZER Barracuda's
I remember when I had my system in 2005 it was an ABIT(r.i.p.)AS8-V with an Intel chip-set and a Pentium 4 775 socket (one of the first at the time ).... good times .. I also used it for 1.6.. and CSS when that was out.. I had the ATi Radeon 9800XT from back then and that card was and still is a DAMN good AGP card.. with a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card also! Had all of that with 2GB of Kingston Hyper X.. a Ultra psu and all of that inside an old AreoCool AreoEngine II Mid tower. Man those were the good ol' days I tell ya!

_jM

I gave you a 6/10 because its labeled as Excellent.. and back then that was an Excellent system!

Wow.... I had a very similar set up when i first got into computers!!! My wife was sure I was gonna burn the house down or blow it or something. I frankensteined my stereo system, vcr, video game, tv and computer together. My very own multi monitored super Bat computer that feed my electronic fixation. Didn't matter how far behind the curve I was. It was mine, I built it, and it did what I needed it to do.... Until I crossed some wires and fried it like i work for KFC or something. I not gonna vote or rate it because, it made me remember THE WHY i got into computers and the fun i had. THAT'S PRICELESS. Keep modding!!! infinity/10

you hit the nail on the head brother. That is the reason I became infatuated with electronics also. Its an irreplaceable feeling you get the first time you press that power switch on the first build. PRICELESS is correct my friend!

(sorry for the triple post.. I wanted to delete the one before this one and add it here, but when I voted I had to make this post because I voted a 6)

Last edited:

urbtree

I voted 6/10 because:

ahead of its time just as i was when i started building. nice of you to share and bring back the retro days

Case Gateway / Valve LE
Audio Device(s) Gateway Diamond Audio EMC2.0-USB 5375U ($15 a long ass time ago), Valve
VR HMD Lmao
Benchmark Scores It can run Crysis (Original), Doom 2016, and Halo MCC. SD LE 45fps
i'm guessing a lot of people got mad for it being an old rig for the title i gave it, they were probably expecting some more HL2 in the case lol... explains all the votes for 1... but thanks to the ones that gave me anything but a one, and a big thanks for the 6 rating!. :) btw i found the old cpu cooler, the motor is a little burned out though

Case Gateway / Valve LE
VR HMD Lmao
what... that makes no sense dude

i guess he's trying to say he's willing to vote at least a 3 for anyone willing to show their rigs, no matter how bad they may look

and a side note, i was like,... a jr in high school when i built it (built in about aug. 05). so needless to say i didn't have a high paying job lol. just the few bucks i got for my youth apprenticeship class in school, and left over money from summer gigs. i got paid $6.15/hr USD during class, and class was 90min so i didn't get a whole lot for what i did, but it was pretty much a "free" A for me so that made up for it :). I helped with pc repair for the high school, loading a disk image to the drive for getting the computer ready (A LOT faster than installing windows), replacing power supplies, salvaging and building rigs from scratch (our school was still using celeron 800s in our library in 2007!, I overclocked em to 933 but it didn't help much)

Last edited: