• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EDIT

Hi, anyone heard anything on this PSU? Searched on google and i cant find anything other than a press release. Looking to upgrade my PSU and cannot find anything on this other than the specs, also just generally interested.

Looked at a few PSU; kinda worried about voltages because even though a PSU maybe spec'd well voltages on the rails can drop or whatever it is. Whole point is that its not expensive as i cant afford a £100 PSU.

Seems to come in 400-600w and 700w varieties.

Here is the Spec Ratings

Here is the PSU page from the OCZ website
http://www.ocztechnology.com/produc...e/ocz-stealthxstream-2-700w-power-supply.html

Dazzeerr

System Name The D-Machine
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.9GHz
Motherboard Asus P5Q-SE2 P45
Cooling AC Freezer Pro 7 / MX-2 - 2x 120mm fan - 1x 80mm fan
Memory 4GB Crucial Ballistix 800MHz
Video Card(s) nVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX+ 512mb
Storage 1TB Samsung F3 (Win7), 160GB & 250GB Maxtors.
Display(s) Acer 17" AL1716 LCD
Case Coolermaster 330 Elite
Audio Device(s) Creative SB! X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1
Power Supply Corsair TX 650W Single 12V+ Rail {52A}
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores Super PI : 17.016s 3dMark06 : 14355
I've never gone for PSU's with multiple 12V+ rails just out of preference so I wouldn't personally buy this PSU. But I've heard good things of OCZ and 18A on each is pretty nice. Looks good enough aslong as it's not a complete powerhouse.

Ive got a really old OCZ GameXstream 700w, see my specs. I think its been dropping voltage for sometime now just due to useage and age i guess.

There is also the fact i have heard nothing of this PSU at all apart from a press release its kinda strange, not sure of the manufacturer either but i heard its a better one than usual.

Not sure of the difference between multiple rails and single, i know what they are but not the advantages ect.

Timonthy

Processor Athlon 64 X2 5200+ @Stock
Motherboard Gigabyte M61PME-S2 AM2
Cooling Stock AMD
Memory Kingston 2GB DDR2-800 *1
Video Card(s) EVGA 8600GT
Storage Random Seagate 250GB SATA
Display(s) NEC 1970GX/eMachines E211H
Case Resused HP case
Looks like its still a FSP Epsilon design, so It should be just alright.
But OCZ bought PC&C a while ago, so It could be something totally different and better.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
OCZ still markets PCP&C they retain there quality but get branded as OCZ that said this is OCZs own in house psu probably as mentioned made by FSP

example for awhile the pcp&c silencer line was marketed as OCZ silencer before being replaced by the silencer mkII

System Name TaichiTig
Processor i7 6800K
Motherboard ASRock X99 Taichi
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4070
Storage SSD + Misc. HDDs in DrivePool
Display(s) BenQ PD3200U, Samsung C32HG70
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) Behringer UMC404HD, LSR308, Shure SRH840, AKG K612, Etymotic HF5
Power Supply Corsair 750TX
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Deck Legend Ice Tactile
Software Win10
I don't want to down on OCZ here—really—but they have released a number of models over the past few years that have tested as unable to stay in spec putting out their rated power (in addition to putting out some perfectly fine PSUs). So I would not buy it until you see the results of an independent test that checks its ability to put out its rated power with good voltage regulation and noise/ripple. It may well be a fine PSU, but I feel it's unwise to trust your components to an "unknown" PSU, given the damage a bad one can cause.

Actually, I would recommend that even if you were buying a Corsair, Seasonic, Silverstone, etc. But the name "OCZ" does make me underline the point.

I don't want to down on OCZ here—really—but they have released a number of models over the past few years that have tested as unable to stay in spec putting out their rated power (in addition to putting out some perfectly fine PSUs). So I would not buy it until you see the results of an independent test that checks its ability to put out its rated power with good voltage regulation and noise/ripple. It may well be a fine PSU, but it's not worth risking your components on an unknown.

Actually, I would recommend that even if you were buying a Corsair, Seasonic, Silverstone, etc. But the name "OCZ" does make me underline the point.

OCZ as you outline do have a reputation of being an average brand.
I will wait another month and see if any reviews pop up.

The PSU i currently have doesn't ooze quality it was just a not bad but could be better affair.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
its simple its a 600w unit that can handle 700 watts and still maintain good efficiency on top of that its up to its specs meaning your getting what you pay for a decent mid range psu that offers a bit of extra icing on the cake at 87% peak efficiency

and its made by FSP and there good up to 700watts according to Cd so :toast: id buy it and use it personally from the looks on a customers rig or for my own single gpu rig etc (if i had one ;) )

Yeah i was put of by the "entry level" tag immediately but it seemed good for what it was i just needed someone to lmk if it was decent for a system like mine, im not one for spending £100 on a 800w. Its miles better than my current one if i could get something better second hand for the same price i wouldn't be abject to that though (should really put up a wtb thread).

See my specs if you need to judge for usage, its a GTX260 ect.

EDIT: according to the review its made by FSP but i read a few times it was "Qualified under the expertise of the Power Management division at PC Power & Cooling" so it prolly means just tested by them or something.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/ocz-stealthxstream-2-600w-review/1

Found another review this time they state that for the price its really good, if your system isnt really demanding like hungry sli/crossfire then it will run fine because they do note that it is an average "run of the mill" psu.

Still it doesn't fluctuate which is absolutely important. 85% efficiency also which is sweet for the price.

Tempting replacement even just for the increased efficiency and stability of the voltages on the rails.