• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Swiftech Announces the H20-X20 Edge Series High-Performance Liquid Cooling Kits

grouchon

Swiftech Rep
The triple should be 299, just too keep under 300 and make use that mental marketing that actually works.

The price is decent, but not great. 299 or less should be an aim

Thanks for the pointer.

I think we'll get there in a relatively quick period of time. A few months probably.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Thanks for the pointer.

I think we'll get there in a relatively quick period of time. A few months probably.

Good to hear...for $299 for 360mm, I'm in too, if the AM3 bracket is in the box. I do not like the idea of having to order it seperately, even if free.

grouchon

Swiftech Rep
Good to hear...for $299 for 360mm, I'm in too, if the AM3 bracket is in the box. I do not like the idea of having to order it seperately, even if free.

Sorry, but until I get solid evidence that AM3 market share is increasing substantially, I doubt this will happen. I don't see why we'd tax the majority of the users for the price of a mounting bracket that is needed by a minority of users. I try to think green. I hate wasting stuf.

grouchon

Swiftech Rep
Sorry, but until I get solid evidence that AM3 market share is increasing substantially, I doubt this will happen. I don't see why we'd tax the majority of the users for the price of a mounting bracket that is needed by a minority of users. I try to think green. I hate wasting stuf.

On second thought: all the resellers have option tools in their shopping carts. They could easily add the AM3 option if we asked them to. I think it's feasible. Thanks for forcing me to find solutions!

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
I ♥ Swiftech

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
On second thought: all the resellers have option tools in their shopping carts. They could easily add the AM3 option if we asked them to. I think it's feasible. Thanks for forcing me to find solutions!

In the future perhaps your engineers could utilise the almighty hinge joint on the mounting bracket.

So the mounting plate can be moved into the position for AMD systems, it should be fairly easy to make such a thing, as well as making it so it effects aesthetics as little as possible.

Might cost an extra 50p or something to make such a thing but I'm sure customers won't mind a 50p increase in price for compatibility across the board straight out the box.

Something like this is what I have in mind, but made well, nicer :laugh:

grouchon

Swiftech Rep
In the future perhaps your engineers could utilise the almighty hinge joint on the mounting bracket.

So the mounting plate can be moved into the position for AMD systems, it should be fairly easy to make such a thing, as well as making it so it effects aesthetics as little as possible.

Might cost an extra 50p or something to make such a thing but I'm sure customers won't mind a 50p increase in price for compatibility across the board straight out the box.

Something like this is what I have in mind, but made well, nicer :laugh:

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00gMtQjGfrIhqb/Hinge-Joint.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions.

bear jesus

System Name Gaming temp// HTPC
Processor AMD A6 5400k // A4 5300
Motherboard ASRock FM2A75 PRO4// ASRock FM2A55M-DGS
Cooling Xigmatek HDT-D1284 // stock phenom II HSF
Memory 4GB 1600mhz corsair vengeance // 4GB 1600mhz corsair vengeance low profile
Storage 64gb sandisk pulse SSD and 500gb HDD // 500gb HDD
Display(s) acer 22" 1680x1050
Power Supply Seasonic G-450 // Corsair CXM 430W
That's another interesting argument there, so I wanted to check-it out for myself. I went online to over%^$%*.co.uk and decided to build myself a kit. Here is what I came up with (I didn't pick the most expensive components mind-you as you can see below)

all prices below vat included:

EK Coolstream XT360 radiator: £40
3 fans @ £8 each: £24
EK Supreme LT waterblock: £28
EK Multioption reservoir: £27
MCP655 Vario pump: £75
6 x 12mm fittings @ 2.3 each: £13.8
2m x 12mm value tubing @ 1.6 /m : £3.2
Coolant: £7

Total: £218

It looks eerily close to the £220 retail value that you calculated for our kit above no? so what am missing? What's the VAT over there? about 18% ? So if we assume in effect that our kits will sell without VAT at about the same MSRP as in the US, and at the current conversion rate, then the difference between the above custom kit and our Edge kit would be about 18% or say about £40; so £40 it is, but certainly not the £100 that you estimated in your post. Feel free to correct my math if I'm wrong of course.

So now, let me ask you this: are truly enhanced reliability and simplicity with equal or better performance worth £40? Only your wallet can answer this, I do realize it. So what I can promise you here, is that the price of these kits will go down over time, as we continue to make progress in production and design efficiency.

ok i admit i went for the cheepest possible everything to get to the price i quoted, really i think that going for min cost would raise the temps and noise.

to be honest i really want to see some reviews of the H20-320 as if its good enough i would really consider getting it and adding in a gpu block to make for a lazy first water cooling setup

I am also interested in an amd mounting plate as untill sandy bridge and buldozer are out i have to stick with my current am2 socket, i would love the option to maybe order an amd or intel compatable one

also i geuss im maybe jumping the gun on this one as i am not even sure if you will be selling in europe (i hope so but if not i could always pick one up next year while in america). any word on uk/europe distibution?

grouchon

Swiftech Rep
ok i admit i went for the cheepest possible everything to get to the price i quoted, really i think that going for min cost would raise the temps and noise.

to be honest i really want to see some reviews of the H20-320 as if its good enough i would really consider getting it and adding in a gpu block to make for a lazy first water cooling setup

I am also interested in an amd mounting plate as untill sandy bridge and buldozer are out i have to stick with my current am2 socket, i would love the option to maybe order an amd or intel compatable one

also i geuss im maybe jumping the gun on this one as i am not even sure if you will be selling in europe (i hope so but if not i could always pick one up next year while in america). any word on uk/europe distibution?

We spoke to our dealers, and they will add the Intel/AMD option in their shopping cart, so you can order the AMD version at the same time as your kit.

With respect to performance, there are several reviews being written now, so it should come out very soon.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
Nicely done swiftech, it would begood to see more companies getting involved in discussions about their products.

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Processor Intel Core i9 11900K
Motherboard MSI Z590 Carbon EK X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 OC
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Display(s) 43" LG NanoCell 4K 120Hz
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200w
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
Keyboard Asus Strix Claymore
Love swiftech rads hands down the best out

EDIT: what fans does Swiftech recommend for use with their radiators?

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
agreed companies getting involved with there customer base and hearing what they have to say is indeed a great thing it shows the effort of indeed going above and beyond what a typical company will do. It basically sets a precedent that even if your not the biggest or best your still putting your customer FIRST. If i get good service i keep going back. I can tell your right now thermaltake will never see my money do to shoddy parts and the inability to notice a design flaw and fix it.

So props to Swiftech for taking progressive steps.

I also have another thought here if the price could be dropped down a bit more You would move more units. I agree that in retrospect the price is probably where it should be, but let me make a few key points here.

most PC enthusiasts that are going to buy this kit are also going to be willing to DIY for cheaper. We all like reliability but lets face it in todays world money talks bullshit walks, and $40-60 in my pocket pays the Internet bill for another 2 months or buys me a new game to play on my rig, etc etc. The key point here is with a lower price you could corner the market after all why buy a kit for $250 thats DIY when u can get the same performance with an all in one kit for the same price thats, when you corner the market for something like this. After all i wasted $200 on water cooling setup that underperformed so if that $300 kit was $250 id spend the extra $50 and be better off long term and happier. I also agree with the above posts on mental marketing sooner you get sub $300 price tags with shipping from etailers the better. Its been proven at every price bracket someone is more willing to buy something thats say $49.98 then they are if it says $50. but id say $260 for the 220 and $300 for the 320 would be better price segments to market this in. Theres another factor to take into account here short term hype these are new meaning alot of reviews alot of people wanting to grab them fiddle with them and try them out. Capitalizing on that is to your benefit. Better price sooner = more sales and will get you more notoriety compared to your competitors.

I also agree id like to see and AMD bracket in the box you might say hey market share is smaller thats all well in good but considering the Thubans ability to be a top overclocker in the 4.2ghz + at 6cores something like this would be a nice way to get there quick and easy. Me having to pay extra for a bracket to use it no thanks. Because im gonna be honest most extra mounting kits leave much to be desired like there just tacked on and someone somewhere wipes there hands clean. A good way to look at it is sure Am3 might not be populat but im willing to bet AMDs next socket will probably have the same mounting setup as theyve had forever. So if bulldozer later next year is damn good. Will you revise the kit and throw it out the door and basically wave a middle finger at custmers that had to buy a bracket extra at $10 + add shipping or does it make more sense to add that bracket now and heaven forbib if you contacted amd and they give u the heads up on socket design you would be ahead of the adoption curve. Making your all in one kit more encompassing to consumers. Ignoring the smaller market share might make more sense short term but lets face it in reality that can change fairly quick im sure ppl dont need to be reminded of the AMD/ati to Nvidia gpu market share flip flop thats happened. No one knows the future. A product thats being targeted as easy to install reliable etc compared to DIY should go the distance and be truly encompassing in that regard, otherwise i deem ruling out a modern socket as a small slap in the face. Example socket 775 1156 1336 etc im not sure if there all slightly different or not. but i do know AM2 AM2+ AM3 are all the same and with take it with a grain of salt AM3r2 will also be much the same means tossing in a $10 amd bracket gives compatibility across nearly 4-5 years of hardware. market share or not $10 for 5 years of compatibility out of box shows me that you care for the consumer. I obviously dont have an Intel system so the fact i need to pay more to use it kills it for me its like buying a $30 air cooler only to find out i need to spend $10 more for a bracket at which point i could just buy something better for $40 that works outta box. and im tired and rambing...

System Name Obelisc
Processor i7 3770k @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling H110
Memory 16GB(4x4) @ 2400 MHz 9-11-11-31
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti
Storage 850 EVO 1TB, 2x 5TB Toshiba
Case T81
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply EVGA 850 T2 80+ TITANIUM
Software Win10 64bit
When I can buy just rev. 2 of the pump/res/rad combo I'll seriously consider it. I like the chrome look of the normal XT better than that included in the kit. I do love space saving and simplicity/efficiency. Props for actually talking to consumers.

grouchon

Swiftech Rep
The key point here is with a lower price you could corner the market after all why buy a kit for $250 thats DIY when u can get the same performance with an all in one kit for the same price thats, when you corner the market for something like this. After all i wasted $200 on water cooling setup that underperformed so if that $300 kit was $250 id spend the extra $50 and be better off long term and happier.

The current price is dictated by our cost, not by marketing. As we reduce our cost, then the price will drop.

I also agree id like to see and AMD bracket in the box...

The bracket is free. It is just not systematicallky included. you have to click for the option when you order.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
^ if the bracket is free then i retract that statement thats awesome then just most times brackets are not included free and they usually run along $10-15 if thats not the case then awesome

bear jesus

System Name Gaming temp// HTPC
Processor AMD A6 5400k // A4 5300
Motherboard ASRock FM2A75 PRO4// ASRock FM2A55M-DGS
Cooling Xigmatek HDT-D1284 // stock phenom II HSF
Memory 4GB 1600mhz corsair vengeance // 4GB 1600mhz corsair vengeance low profile
Storage 64gb sandisk pulse SSD and 500gb HDD // 500gb HDD
Display(s) acer 22" 1680x1050
Power Supply Seasonic G-450 // Corsair CXM 430W
I must admit i have decided to get a hold of one of these, i have been considering water cooling since before i got my h50 and the reason i got that is i wanted to be lazy, now i just have to hope my fav etailer will be carrying them as if not i have to wait around 6 months untill i am in america.