• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

QNAP Debuts New TS-x19P+ Line-up of Affordable Turbo NAS for HOME, SOHO, Prosumers

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of world class NAS servers, NVR Video Surveillance Systems, and Network-based Media Players today announced the TS-x19P+ lineup of affordable Turbo NAS servers targeted primarily for home and SOHO users. The new models utilize Marvell's new 1.6GHz embedded processor and include 512MB of DDRIII memory and Gigabit LAN ports, mustering up transfer rates exceeding 100MB/sec and offering a unique blend of performance and features at very affordable price points. The new models include the 1-drive TS-119P+, 2-drive TS-219P+ and 4-drive TS-419P+. With up to 8TB of networked storage, the TS-x19P+ series NAS servers combine an attractive industrial design, outstanding performance, consumer-friendly features, and above all, legendary QNAP quality and reliability.

NAS servers are becoming a popular addition to home and SOHO networks as they solve the problem of how to share digital pictures, music, and videos among computers in the home without resorting to a USB keychain drive. QNAP's new TS-x19P+ models are easy to attach to an existing home network and provide easy file sharing between PCs, Macs, Linux, and UNIX-based computers. QNAP's TS-x19P+ NAS servers can also provide automatic backup of all computers on the network, host websites, record home security surveillance video from IP cameras on the network, be a UPnP-compliant media server, and act as a stand-alone file server for BT/FTP/HTTP and eMule downloads.

"The next generation TS-x19P+ series Turbo NAS servers from QNAP combine affordable high performance with ultra-low power consumption," said Tony Lu, Product Manager for QNAP. "Whether you are a home or business user, you no longer need to sacrifice performance for the sake of saving energy. These new models offer home and SOHO users many of the advanced networking features found on our higher-end NAS servers, making the TS-x19P+ series an incredible value for the consumer."

The new TS-x19P+ models can also improve multimedia experience for home users. The built-in UPnP media server (TwonkyMedia) feature of the TS-x19P+ series supports numerous media players such as the Sony PS3 and Microsoft Xbox 360 gaming consoles, and High-Definition media players (compatible with NFS). Users can even use their iPod/iPad/iPhone or Android devices to stream music and video or view digital photos stored on the NAS from anywhere they have a Wi-Fi or 3G connection.

The TS-x19P+ series supports 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch SATA II hard drives with up to 2TB capacity, and storage capacity can be expanded by connecting eSATA or USB storage devices to the NAS. The smart fan and aluminum case design of the TS-x19P+ produces a nearly silent working environment, which is essential for home use. Power consumption is less than 19W, which is ideal for 24/7 operation at home or in the office, and the TS-x19P+ series also supports Wake on LAN and scheduled power on/off management. The TS-119P+ features a swappable drive tray for easy hard drive installation or replacement. The TS-219P+ and TS-419P+ feature hot-swappable hard drives and supports RAID 0/1 for the TS-219P+ and RAID 0/1/5/6/5+hot spare for the TS-419P+ with online RAID capacity expansion and online RAID level migration. The TS-x19P+ series comes with new V3.3 of QNAP's Turbo NAS firmware, which provides an easy to use AJAX-based user interface for managing the features of the NAS.

Availability
The new TS-x19P+ Series Turbo NAS servers will be available beginning in November 2010 through QNAP global commercial distributors, resellers and retailers.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

gnesterenko

System Name Old Dirty
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (OC to 4600+)
Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
Cooling CPU: Noctua NH-U12 push/pull; GPU: Thermalright T-Rad2
Memory 4x1GB Corsair XMS DDR400
Video Card(s) Powercolor Radeon 4870 (OC to 770/1050)
Storage WD Raptor 300GB (OS/App), Seagate Barracude 7200.12 500MBx2 (storage)
Display(s) NEC Syncmaster 22" 16x9
Case NZXT Tempest
Power Supply Corsair HX-850
Software Windows 7 Professional x64
This or Synology DS410?

Been looking at building a NAS for some time now and going to pull the trigger after thanksgiving. The Ts419P was definitely a consideration as was the Synology Disk Station DS410 (not be confused with the DS410j - the weaker sibling). Primary use will be media server streaming either via PC or PS3 (predominantly 1080p AC3 DD5.1 mkv, mt2s and similar Matroska based formats), but definitely looking at the ftp/itunes/photo functionality as well.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone had any input on which of the two names you'd recommend. It seems both with be plenty fast enough for my purposes, but perhaps someone has opinion on the user-friendliness of the OSes, reliability of the devices, etc. From the reviews I've read, seems Synology is slightly faster for approx the same price, while both have similar quality of usability and OS design, so leaning towards that. Any thoughts?

Mendatory Disclaimer:
"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
software raid means these are slow as crap. just be advised.

Processor Intel i7-8700k @ stock
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro iirc
Memory 16GB Corsair DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070 FE
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500G NVMe
Display(s) 34" ASUS ROG PG348Q + 28" ASUS TUF Gaming VG289
Case NZXT
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CoolerMaster Storm XT Stealth
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
software raid means these are slow as crap. just be advised.

I hardly think software RAID will be that slow, and all data transfer is going to be through ethernet anyway... :rolleyes:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
I hardly think software RAID will be that slow, and all data transfer is going to be through ethernet anyway... :rolleyes:

i have a similiar model which is software raid on a gigabit network. fastest it goes is 19MBps. fail. this is well known because the chipset is garbage.