• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How To: Enable SLI on pre-i7/i5 hardware

lajarnette

try black slots.
and first black + blue

PCIXE16_2 (black slot) and PCIXE16_3 (blue slot)

It is impossible,Cards are in contact :(

(The crossfire uses the 2 blue slots x16, no ?)

PS: why this hack sli work on rampage extrem(x48), on 2 slots blue x16, with bridge sli, 2x MSI N285 GTX Super Pipe OC (The same) windows 7 64 bit (The same) and not on P5E64 WS Evolution (x48) ....?

Last edited:

YukonCornelius

what version did you try?

Intel S5520SCR running Windows 7 64 bit, NVidia 262.99 drivers, SLI Patch .9B and .91, and NVidia System Tools v6.06

I've seen quite a few people having issues with the 580's so I wanted to make sure someone had success on the intel S5520SCR MB before I started really troubleshooting the 2 cards.

Patches say they install successfully, no blue screens, no errors, no issues at all - just no SLI option available after the patch...

Thanks!

TiN

System Name selfmade caseless :D
Processor Intel ES
Motherboard EVGA X299 DARK ES :)
Cooling LN2
Memory G.SKILL DDR4 @ 3600MHz
Video Card(s) GTX Kingpin's
Storage Intel P4500 4TB
Display(s) Philips BDM4350
Case none
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi
Power Supply EVGA NEX 1500W's
Mouse None (trackball)
Keyboard Steelseries APEX RAW and Corsair K-something
Software W2k8 R2 64bit SP1, FreeBSD 12
Benchmark Scores http://www.hwbot.org/community/user/tin?oldstyle=true
lajarnette

I mean second blue slot.
SLI patch works on Rampage because it dont have any PCI-E bridges there. And your board have them.

buttkick

System Name Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
Motherboard Asus P5Q3 Chipset iP45
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) 2x GTX 295
Storage 4xVelocyRaptor RAID 0
Display(s) Samsung P2770
Case Coolermaster Cosmos
Audio Device(s) OnBoard
Power Supply Zalman 1000W
Still not working above 257.21

Hi!

First, congrats to your great work here! I´m following this thread about a year now and had never a problem getting my system to work with the patch.

Now, I´m having problems getting games running in windowed mode. No problems with 257.21, but no driver above this version will work, including the new 263.00, which is not officially released yet for older cards.

System freezes almost instantly. 3D Window opens and a second later - freeze!
First I thought it´s the same issue as the 5/15Minute Problems, reported here, but 0.9b/091b does not solve this!

My SLI ist detected. I have tried Quad SLI and Three Way SLI(by blocking 1GPU for PhysX).

I tried 0.9b and 0.91b - no luck.

How I installed/updated:
I booted non SLI, deinstalled Driver, deinstalled Patch, ran DriverSweeper, than reboot.
Then I installed 260.99, installed patch and booted directly to SLI

Could it be a "newer" 260.99 package from NVidia, which has a new recognition? Or only because QuadSLI with gtx295?

For now I´m going back to 257.21 - they are not great, but working.

Any Idea?

Greez from bavaria, germany

Ghostleader

Tried this "new" SLI Patch on my Crosshair IV Formula

Install driver
Install SLI Patch
Reboot
Enabled SLI
Good to go

This "new" SLI patch is much easier to use compare to how it was when this SLI patch adventure started.

Just freaking awesome, many thanks to the Sveetsnelda, HertZ, TiN and Anatolymik and everyone who have help out to make this possible :respect:

Here´s some screenies of my Crosshair IV Formula adventure

Some comparision benchies between single and SLI

Stalker Clear Sky, single

Stalker Clear Sky, SLI

Just Cause 2, single

Just Cause 2, SLI

Crysis Warhead, single

Crysis Warhead, SLI

YukonCornelius

Intel S5520SCR running Windows 7 64 bit, NVidia 262.99 drivers, SLI Patch .9B and .91, and NVidia System Tools v6.06

I've seen quite a few people having issues with the 580's so I wanted to make sure someone had success on the intel S5520SCR MB before I started really troubleshooting the 2 cards.

Patches say they install successfully, no blue screens, no errors, no issues at all - just no SLI option available after the patch...

Thanks!

Tried NVidia drivers 263.09.... still no luck :(

I had posted 3-4 pages before that my HP Z800 also has same problem with the patch, Reboot with out error "no one seemed to care about my post"
I tried booting with a single card in sli mode same crash.

... which I find quite strange as the z800 is even sold in SLI configurations by HP meaning it should be SLI-certified out of the box. Unless, of course, HP only licenses SLI for z800 units that are actually sold with SLI configurations. I don't really believe that though.

Bye, K&K,
T-Zee

try to boot with disabled automatic restart

Sorry for only replying so late but I am quite busy with work these days so I only get to "play" with my computer at home over the weekend, if at all.

I disabled the automatic restart feature, but it made no difference - Windows still shows the boot screen and then reboots without reaching the login screen.

Bye, K&K,
T-Zee

elbubi

System Name EnterPrise
Processor Phenom II X6 1090T (@4GHz)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5
Cooling Ocz Gladiator Max (Tuniq TX3)
Memory GSkill RipJaws 1600Mhz (CL7)
Video Card(s) 2 x MSi GTX460 HAWK Edition (w/ SLiPATCH!!! :D)
Storage 2 x Samsung Spinpoint 1TB
Display(s) Samsung T260 26" (1920x1200)
Case Vitsuba Master (modded)
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi Extreme (Edifier R-451)
Power Supply CoolerMaster UCP 900w
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores Vantage P30000/GPU26000
Hi anatolymik.

Wanted to ask you a question:

I didn´t had any bsod in the last month (finished COD-BO, Crysis and Mafia II with no issues), but yesterday I have installed TuneUp Utilities 2011 and today I got 3 bsod's in a row, just random, doing ordinary things, not even playing. Could TuneUp utilities be messing with the patch and/or its related files??? :wtf:

Thanks in advance!!!

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Hi anatolymik.

I didn´t had any bsod in the last month (finished COD-BO, Crysis and Mafia II with no issues), but yesterday I have installed TuneUp Utilities 2011 and today I got 3 bsod's in a row, just random, doing ordinary things, not even playing. Could TuneUp utilities be messing with the patch and/or its related files??? :wtf:

Thanks in advance!!!

I can't say that it messes with the patch, but I can say that TuneUP Utilities can definitely cause issues with blue screens and such. I recommend not using such programs and doing things yourself.

elbubi

System Name EnterPrise
Processor Phenom II X6 1090T (@4GHz)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5
Cooling Ocz Gladiator Max (Tuniq TX3)
Memory GSkill RipJaws 1600Mhz (CL7)
Video Card(s) 2 x MSi GTX460 HAWK Edition (w/ SLiPATCH!!! :D)
Storage 2 x Samsung Spinpoint 1TB
Display(s) Samsung T260 26" (1920x1200)
Case Vitsuba Master (modded)
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi Extreme (Edifier R-451)
Power Supply CoolerMaster UCP 900w
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores Vantage P30000/GPU26000
Thanks for your reply erocker.

I´ve been using TUU since 3 or 4 years and never had any related issue when I had a single vga configuration, that´s why I'm suspecting that it might be conflicting with the sli patch, but anatolymik or any other patch developer will say it best.

Kind Regards and thanks once again.

johnspack

Here For Good!
System Name System2 Blacknet , System1 Blacknet2
Processor System2 Threadripper 1920x, System1 2699 v3
Motherboard System2 Asrock Fatality x399 Professional Gaming, System1 Asus X99-A
Cooling System2 Noctua NH-U14 TR4-SP3 Dual 140mm fans, System1 AIO
Memory System2 64GBS DDR4 3000, System1 32gbs DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) System2 GTX 980Ti System1 GTX 970
Storage System2 4x SSDs + NVme= 2.250TB 2xStorage Drives=8TB System1 3x SSDs=2TB
Display(s) 2x 24" 1080 displays
Case System2 Some Nzxt case with soundproofing...
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar U7 MKII
Power Supply System2 EVGA 750 Watt, System1 XFX XTR 750 Watt
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Ducky
Software Manjaro, Windows 10, Kubuntu 23.10
Benchmark Scores It's linux baby!
Not sure why tuneup utilities would do that. Personally I'd use tweaknow powerpack, but I use mostly xp64 which is friendly to most apps. I believe even tuneup has a restore function to change back. Try that and see if it fixes it.

Hi!

First, congrats to your great work here! I´m following this thread about a year now and had never a problem getting my system to work with the patch.

Now, I´m having problems getting games running in windowed mode. No problems with 257.21, but no driver above this version will work, including the new 263.00, which is not officially released yet for older cards.

System freezes almost instantly. 3D Window opens and a second later - freeze!
First I thought it´s the same issue as the 5/15Minute Problems, reported here, but 0.9b/091b does not solve this!

My SLI ist detected. I have tried Quad SLI and Three Way SLI(by blocking 1GPU for PhysX).

I tried 0.9b and 0.91b - no luck.

How I installed/updated:
I booted non SLI, deinstalled Driver, deinstalled Patch, ran DriverSweeper, than reboot.
Then I installed 260.99, installed patch and booted directly to SLI

Could it be a "newer" 260.99 package from NVidia, which has a new recognition? Or only because QuadSLI with gtx295?

For now I´m going back to 257.21 - they are not great, but working.

Any Idea?

Greez from bavaria, germany

when you run games in full screen mode your system freezes or not?

Hi anatolymik.

Thanks in advance!!!

not at all

Sorry for only replying so late but I am quite busy with work these days so I only get to "play" with my computer at home over the weekend, if at all.

I disabled the automatic restart feature, but it made no difference - Windows still shows the boot screen and then reboots without reaching the login screen.

Bye, K&K,
T-Zee

very interesting. i remember i had something like this. tell me your system specs

very interesting. i remember i had something like this. tell me your system specs

Here come my specs. Thanks for having a look!

Bye, K&K,
T-Zee

Attachments

• CPU-Z-1.jpg
    CPU-Z-1.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 414
  • CPU-Z-2.jpg
    CPU-Z-2.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 379
  • CPU-Z-3.jpg
    CPU-Z-3.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 397
  • CPU-Z-4.jpg
    CPU-Z-4.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 393
  • GPU-Z-1.jpg
    GPU-Z-1.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 376
  • HWiNFO32-1.jpg
    HWiNFO32-1.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 368
  • Report.txt
    72.7 KB · Views: 586

buttkick

Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) 2x GTX 295
Display(s) Samsung P2770
Case Coolermaster Cosmos
Audio Device(s) OnBoard
when you run games in full screen mode your system freezes or not?

Hi Anatolymik!
My System freezes only when I start games directly to windowed mode or if I switch it from FullScreen to windowed mode. I ran CODMW2 just fine in FullScreen for about 25 minutes, then I hit ALT-ENTER and it switched to windowed and froze almost instantly. I can not even hit CTRL-ALT-DEL for taskmanager or shut system down by Power Switch. I have to reset or switch it hard off.
There is only one thing that was strange - it happens only on games. I tested COD,LOTRO,Serious SAM HD,Fallout... But, it does not happen with an old tool called rthdribl which I used to test stability of my gfx system.

Here come my specs. Thanks for having a look!

Bye, K&K,
T-Zee

now do next. go to windows\system32 and look for ntoskrnl.exe file. copy it to different folder, rename to ntoskrnp.exe and copy it to windows\system32 with replacement. try to boot. if you boot ok you'll not have sli works. i just have to know you get your system boot or not.

Hi Anatolymik!
My System freezes only when I start games directly to windowed mode or if I switch it from FullScreen to windowed mode. I ran CODMW2 just fine in FullScreen for about 25 minutes, then I hit ALT-ENTER and it switched to windowed and froze almost instantly. I can not even hit CTRL-ALT-DEL for taskmanager or shut system down by Power Switch. I have to reset or switch it hard off.
There is only one thing that was strange - it happens only on games. I tested COD,LOTRO,Serious SAM HD,Fallout... But, it does not happen with an old tool called rthdribl which I used to test stability of my gfx system.

can you reinstall your system? i had same problem but only in crysis

buttkick

Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) 2x GTX 295
Display(s) Samsung P2770
Case Coolermaster Cosmos
Audio Device(s) OnBoard
can you reinstall your system? i had same problem but only in crysis

Hmmm... the bad word "reinstall" :)
Ok I will try, but this may take a while... stay tuned!

Hmmm... the bad word "reinstall" :)
Ok I will try, but this may take a while... stay tuned!

i have similar problem but only with crysis game. not so long time ago i have been sent a message with same problem. strange problem. i think we have to google it.

YukonCornelius

what version did you try?

Thanks!

Tried NVidia drivers 263.09.... still no luck :(

Any beta updates forthcoming? Be glad to give them a try...:banghead:

Last edited: