• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] BlueRazor

SrGnT Chaos

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
NZXT Tempest case
EVGA X58 Classified 3x SLI
Intel Core i7 920 D0
Patriot Viper II i7 6GB DDR3 2000MHz
Corsair H70
Corsair TX750W
WD Serial ATA 7200/32MB/SATA (250gb, 320gb, 500gb)
3x EVGA Nvidia GTX 260 Core 216 SC
Sony CD/RW & DVD/CD/RW

Mods:
I have officially completed my swap of all stock fans with 5x Koolance 120mm 2000rpm 76cfm and 2x Koolance 140mm 1700 rpm 97cfm. I went ahead and went with a Corsair H70 because the Koolance Exos-2 was going to be a little hard on my checkbook, along with all the accessories. I had to cut the exhaust grate out with a dremel so I could fit the outer 120mm to the radiator and then that would give me enough clearance with the NB cooler, which on this mobo is pretty damn big.

I'm 30 now and It's been 11 years since I've built a desktop that was anything faster than a standard 486 with a chunk of metal that could barely be considered a heatsink. I spent some time with this one because I wanted to see how far I could push the processor, memory and graphics without burning anything up and keeping it a 24/7 performer. (OC & TEMPS) CPU: 4.2ghz w/QPI 3.6ghz --- RAM: 7-7-6-20-70-1T --- 3x GTX 260: Core-705 Mem-1220 Shader-1520 --- TEMPS: CPU w/H70: Idle-35c Load-70c --- 3x GTX 260: Idle-45c Load-71c --- Monitor: ASUS VW266H 25.5" --- External Storage: WD MyBook 1TB --- OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit --- Futuremark Benchmarks scores: 3DMark Vantage - E80091, P33961, H24097, X16489 --- FurMark score: 65545 @ 1280x1024 MSAA:4x 300000ms fullscreen --- PCMark Vantage score: 7989
***EVGA Mod Rigs URL:
https://www.evga.com/modsrigs/detail.aspx?BuildID=24229
***FYI ----------> If anyone is interested in folding here is the signup link to register with World Community Grid and once that is completed it will automatically group you with my team. Let's bust out some WUs!!!
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/reg/viewRegister.do?teamID=6H1TPV13Z1

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name The Moody Rogue
Processor AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0GHZ
Motherboard Asus M3A78-CM
Cooling Custom Water cooling
Memory Kingston DDR2 (4x1GB) 4GB Dual channel 800MHz
Video Card(s) XFX 9800 GTX+
Storage WD Caviar Blue 320gb, WD Caviar SE16 80gb
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 20" 2033sw
Case NZXT ROGUE (Black w/ Red LED's)
Audio Device(s) Onboard 7.1
Power Supply Tuniq Potency 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
good job man!

System Name BlackDeath
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE c3 3.5GHz OC
Motherboard ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 790X ATX
Cooling CM Hyper 212+ Noctua Fan
Memory G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4gb, Kingston HyperX 2x4gb DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 5770
Storage Seagate 7200.11 3x1.5TB RAID5 + Intel 520 180gb
Display(s) Samsung 2494 - 24"
Case CoolerMaster HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows OS
Benchmark Scores Microsoft Sidewinder Mouse
Looks really nice! My only recommendation is to upgrade the cooling, which it sounds like you are doing. For a person 11 years out of practice you built a doozy!

SrGnT Chaos

Thanks all around

Appreciate the positive comments.....It's nice to know that I can still build a nice rig while avoiding the untimely demise of my checking account balance and having to file for bankruptcy at the same time. :D

Last edited:

gunsmoke

System Name OLD SCHOOL
Processor E6300 1.8 Gig
Motherboard ASUS P5VD2-X rev 0501
Cooling air
Memory 1 x 512 ddr2 1 x 1024 dd2
Video Card(s) ATI hd 3870 PCI-E
Storage 200 Gig ide/ 160 ide / 80 ide / 160 sata
Display(s) samsung
Case Thermaltake Armor Case VA8000
Audio Device(s) on bored
Power Supply 560w silverstone
Software win 7 32 bit
Benchmark Scores no time for benchmarking
I voted 10/10 because:

I like the blue strip lights on the front of the p.c case

CharlO

I voted 1/10 because:

Your first photo actually made my eyes hurt.

User withdrew this vote on: Dec 17 2010 21:42

SrGnT Chaos

Thanks for taking that vote back CharlO.....that's the kind of love I like to see.

Last edited:

HotPink82

I voted 10/10 because:

I like how you have been out of the game for so long but you still have all that experience to fall back on and it definitely shows. Cable management may not be the best but you know there are some pretty crappy setups scattered around that still got a few 10's. You don't have the best equipment out there either but you made do with what you could afford and came out with some decent OC numbers in the end. Keep up the good work and hope to see some pics of a future cooling mod.

Technic

I voted 9/10 because:

I agree with HotPink....I think you deserve some cudos for putting together a nice daily performer while not sacrificing a body part just to afford the parts. I gave you a -1 for loose cables but overall that is just something that takes time and patience, not to mention room in what already looks like a tight fitting case.

Britinfitz32

I voted 10/10 because:

Looks pretty clean and unlike some who prefer massive towers, I have a thing for mid-sized NZXT cases. I own an EVO which fortunately has the black coating on the interior which yours is lacking. I would recommend putting a nice coat of black in there next time you remove your components for an upgrade. Aside from matching the exterior it will add some equality to the overall look.

scottadam

nice setup but u need cable management.. then look better.. :)

zolizoli

Hi. I just have a question about your 3sli.
if you have the 3 card linked tougether and you decide to dedicate one of them as physx and let 2 other card in sli you dont need to remove the bridge? is just enough to change setting in the NVIDIA controll panel?

Thanks.

PS: nice rig :)

SrGnT Chaos

Tri-Sli question

You let NVIDIA control panel auto-select which card is the best card to run physX, you can pick which card you want to run physX and no mater which card you select you can still have all three running in Tri-Sli................you can also run two in SLI and dedicate one specifically for physX. So, yes, all of this can be done through your control panel and honestly I haven't seen much of a difference with the physX part if you have one dedicated or have one selected to also run physX. If I had enough room I would have gotten a 9800 and have that one dedicated to physX while the other three were just Tri-Sli but unfortunately that would just draw even more power and increase my ever growing electric bill that I suffer from already. ;)

Hi. I just have a question about your 3sli.
if you have the 3 card linked tougether and you decide to dedicate one of them as physx and let 2 other card in sli you dont need to remove the bridge? is just enough to change setting in the NVIDIA controll panel?

Thanks.

PS: nice rig :)

Zothanpuia

30 ain't nothin I'm 40 and still crazy about comps but its hard putting up with the price. Got to think about da family also. Its easy to lie about the price of a part when u get home. I guess there's a child inside everyone. Nicely done, awesome rig. Hey young one's dad's in the game. And here's 8 for u!!!!

Last edited:

SrGnT Chaos

Appreciate it, it's ironic you talking about being 40 because when I was around 12 my father had a friend that he helped sell computers for on the side. This guy's name was Norm and he had some crazy white hair and loved to chew on cigars while he was building a rig. He taught me all the stuff that I didn't have the hardware to learn about on my own and everytime I had a question he would sit me down and we would spend hours going over the steps until I understood the How and Why questions. Even when I was at home and was having hardware/software problems I could call him up and he would run me through a list of troubleshooting routines. Man, I miss having my old tech partner around. I'd love to know what he thinks about all this new hardware from past years and recently. I grew up in the DOS era and sometimes I wish a good old (FULLY OPERATIONAL) C: prompt, and not this GUI assisted version, was still around because if something didn't work in DOS it was due to four reasons.....1. bad hardware 2. bad software 3. I/O conflicts 4. you just didn't know what the hell you were doing

30 ain't nothin I'm 40 and still crazy about comps but its hard putting up with the price. Got to think about da family also. Its easy to lie about the price of a part when u get home. I guess there's a child inside everyone. Nicely done, awesome rig. Hey young one's dad's in the game. And here's 8 for u!!!!

Last edited: