• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX 5870 and VDDC Phase temp readings missing in GPU-Z sensors

Xavier

Hi,

I've a XFX HD 5870 graphics card and I cannot get any VDDC Phase temperatures with GPU-Z. There are no such readings at all in sensors view?!? Any ideas what's wrong? Is it possible that those sensors are disabled in this card? The card is non-reference model, does it make any difference? I've tried with several catalyst drivers (10.10-12) with and without CCC and with different GPU-Z versions, and nothing helps.

With my previous card (HD 4870) GPU-Z worked like a charm.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

My rigs: Asus P5Q-E, Q6600, 8GB RAM, XFX 5870, X-Fi Xtreme Music, Windows 7 64

Attachments

• xfx_1.gif
    xfx_1.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,243
  • xfx_2.gif
    xfx_2.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,432

Xavier

Anyone? Are VRM temp sensors disabled from all non reference cards?

Edit: I mean if this isn't GPU-Z related issue at all.

System Name Omen
Processor i7-4710HQ
Cooling Dual fan/heatpipe
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 4GB GTX 860M
Storage 256GB PCIE SSD/256GB PNY UHS-1 SD Card
Display(s) 15.6' 1080P
Case Aluminium
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Brick
Software Win 10
Why would you want to look at those parts anyway? It may be disabled on your card, but those readings are not important. Your core temp is fine, which usually means the coolers doing its job and the vrms etc will be fine. Don't worry.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Since it isn't a reference card, it's very possible that there are no VDDC temperature sensors.

Why would you want to look at those parts anyway? It may be disabled on your card, but those readings are not important. Your core temp is fine, which usually means the coolers doing its job and the vrms etc will be fine. Don't worry.

Often they get hotter than the GPU. 36c on the GPU is good but if the VDDC temps are getting close to their max, that is bad.

Xavier

Thanks for reply. But that's exactly what I'd like to know for sure: Are all 5870 non reference cards without VRM temp sensors? I'm sure there are others who are interested in this also.

I'm planning to install an after market cooler (Zalman VF3000A) and would want to know what impact it will have in VRM temps. I'm already aware that I'll have to modify VRM heatsink in order to make it fit into this card, because of card's non-reference design.

Xavier

Since it isn't a reference card, it's very possible that there are no VDDC temperature sensors.
Thanks erocker. I haven't found any topics concerning this issue earlier, and that's why I was asking it here.

Often they get hotter than the GPU. 36c on the GPU is good but if the VDDC temps are getting close to their max, that is bad.
That's exactly what I was trying to say, thanks again.