• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lexar Media Introduces the First 128GB Professional SDXC Memory Card

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Lexar Media, a leading global provider of memory products for digital media, today announced new Lexar Professional Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) memory cards. The new high-capacity Lexar Professional 133x SDXC cards enable the capture, storage, and transfer of extended lengths of 1080p high-definition (HD) video and continuous, rapid-fire image capture in a single, high-performance solution. The Lexar Professional 133x SDXC card is the first available in a 128GB capacity, and is also offered in a 64GB capacity. Both cards are speed rated at 133x, providing a minimum guaranteed transfer speed of 20MB per second, and feature a Class 10 speed designation. For additional information about Lexar Professional SDXC cards, visit www.lexar.com.

"The professional photography industry is at a point where digital photo- and video-capture methods are converging, meaning that professional shooters need a memory solution with the versatility and reliability to safely store both photos and videos," said Pachi Chen-Wong, senior product marketing manager, Lexar Media. "The 64GB and 128GB Lexar Professional 133x SDXC cards combine high-speed performance with large capacities to offer solutions for professionals who shoot large volumes of high-resolution images and HD video."

The Lexar Professional 133x SDXC memory cards are compatible with all SDXC-enabled devices. The cards include the latest version of award-winning Image Rescue software to help recover lost or deleted photo and video files. Professional photographers can now capture, store, and manage more of the photo and video content critical to their livelihoods.

Lexar Professional 133x SDXC cards provide consumers with the quality and reliability they have come to expect from Lexar Media. All Lexar product designs are tested in the Lexar Quality Labs, a group of facilities where all Lexar product designs undergo extensive testing to ensure performance, quality, compatibility, and reliability with more than 800 intended digital devices.

The Lexar Professional SDXC cards include a limited lifetime warranty and free, dedicated professional technical support. The new 64GB and 128GB Lexar Professional SDXC memory cards will be available in the first quarter of 2011 at leading retailers and on Lexar.com, with MSRPs of $399.99 and $699.99, respectively.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
$700...ouch!

It is amazing that they are able to get that much storage in such a tiny space though.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
$700...ouch!

It is amazing that they are able to get that much storage in such a tiny space though.

Oh, you know a year from now it'll be a quarter of that price. :D

In some countries, namely mostly of the EU, is kinda illegal to say MSRP because the producer is forbidden to establish end user price.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
In some countries, namely mostly of the EU, is kinda illegal to say MSRP because the producer is forbidden to establish end user price.

That is why it is called MSRP. It stands for Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price, they are forbidden from establishing end user price, but nothing forbids them from suggesting end user price.;)

System Name HTPC||Lenovo IBM ThinkPad
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 965 stock 3.4GHz||Intel C2D T9300 @ 2.5GHz
Motherboard Zotac 890GX-ITX WiFi||Lenovo 8918CTO
Cooling Stock 3x 120's||Stock stuff
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 6-6-6-15||3GB DDR2
Video Card(s) Asus 3870x2||nVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1x 2TB WD EARX ||Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM
Display(s) Samsung T260HD||
Case SilverStone Grandia GD05||
Audio Device(s) on-board||on-board
Power Supply Cooler Master 450W||6-cell
Software Windows 7 Pro x64||Windows 7 Pro x64/Linux Mint x64
$700...ouch!

I agree. Pretty soon they will have 1TB. Oh boy...:rolleyes:

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
That is why it is called MSRP. It stands for Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price, they are forbidden from establishing end user price, but nothing forbids them from suggesting end user price.;)

Some manufacturers do have ways of controlling the price, Garmin for example would release notices to it's official purchasers as to when price cuts were given. It stabilized the mainstream market but there are those few that buy a couple hundred units from these official purchasers and can turn them for cheaper on Ebay for less and who arn't accountable for the pricing guidelines.

Manufacturer's are definitely not forbidden on establishing end user pricing but they smart enough to get the highest price for the longest amount of time possible.

Last edited:
T

TAViX

LOL. Good thing the tech exists. 2 years from now those 2 cards will be at least 5 times cheaper. ;)

Just fyi, talks about MSRP, RRP are criminal offenses in EU as far as I know and if found in discussion between producer and retailer/resseller by regulatory bodies it's hell to pay: controls, investigations, interogations, computers/laptops impounded, communications overseen... all the works.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
Just fyi, talks about MSRP, RRP are criminal offenses in EU as far as I know and if found in discussion between producer and retailer/resseller by regulatory bodies it's hell to pay: controls, investigations, interogations, computers/laptops impounded, communications overseen... all the works.

Depends what EU country, here they mention MRSP IN ads, also companies can print their own prices directly onto products, this actually stops retailers from selling their product for more than what it states on the pack.