• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creative Labs Announces Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega Gaming Headset

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Creative Technology Ltd. today announced the new Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega wireless gaming headset, the first wireless, cross-platform gaming headset to work with the PS3, Xbox 360, Mac and PC which is fully integrated. With the unique integration of Creative's wireless technology into the headset itself, the Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega wireless gaming headset does not require any extra attachments to function with gaming consoles wirelessly. The headset has volume, mute and connection controls fully integrated into the headset itself, eliminating the need for any additional connectivity components. Creative's robust wireless technology is designed to eliminate static interference, which affects other headsets, and delivers game audio with ultra-low latency, a critical feature for competitive game play.

The Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega wireless gaming headset delivers phenomenal audio quality by teaming Creative's immersive audio technology and powerful FullSpectrum 50mm drivers for a superb audio experience, giving the user a complete 3D experience when playing the new generation of 3D games. This superior headset is engineered to provide crystal-clear voice communications on the PS3, Xbox 360, Mac and PC with its detachable noise-canceling microphone. The Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega wireless gaming headset will be on display from 6-9 January at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show, South Hall 1, Booth #20913.

"After three decades of bringing unsurpassed audio to PC games we are excited to deliver the first platform-agnostic wireless gaming headset," said Ryan Schlieper, Product Marketing Manager for gaming at Creative. "Not only does the Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega wireless gaming headset enhance in-game communication on the PS3, Xbox 360, Mac and PC, it sounds phenomenal for music and movies on all platforms. Use it to stream audio from movies from the Netflix application on the PS3 and Xbox 360 or to stream audio from devices like Boxee, all with no latency. The Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega wireless gaming headset will prove to be the best sounding wireless headset available on the market."

The Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega wireless gaming headset is perfect for the next generation of motion controlled games because it gives the gamer freedom to move around. The headset also complements wireless game controllers as it removes the last cable that could possibly tether gamers to their console.

Key Features of the Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega Wireless Gaming Headset
  • Compatible with PS3, Xbox 360, Mac and PC
  • Award-winning wireless technology delivers low latency and will not interfere with other wireless products in the home
  • FullSpectrum tunable 50mm audio drivers for great audio performance
  • Independent voice and game volume controls directly on the earcups
  • Optimised lightweight design for marathon game play
  • Detachable noise-cancelling microphone allows headset to be used as great sounding headphones
  • Comfortable, durable design with customisable illuminated earcups
  • Base-station features a line in, making the headset ideal for use with media streamers, TVs or MP3 players
Additional Performance for Mac and PC
  • THX TruStudio Pro software suite on the Mac and PC for an immersive audio experience
    o THX TruStudio Pro Crystalizer real-time audio restoration technology, which enhances in-game sound by restoring low and high end frequency curves lost to compression
    o THX TruStudio Pro Surround delivers a 360 degree surround sound gaming experience so gamers can hear sounds clearly from the front, back, above and below
    o THX TruStudio Pro Smart Volume addresses the problem of abrupt volume level changes in games by automatically and continuously measuring volume, and intelligently applying gain and attenuation to compensate for those changes
    o THX TruStudio Pro Dialog Plus enhances voices during in-game communication for clearer dialogue, allowing the gamer to hear the dialogue over the rest of the sounds and over ambient noise in the listening environment
    o THX TruStudio Pro Speaker produces heart-pounding, customisable bass levels without compromising signal integrity
  • Customisable TacticProfile on the Mac and PC enable gamers to save their own settings or use pre-configured settings from pro-gamers
  • Programmable VoiceFX for voice morphing into in-game characters or during VoIP chats on the Mac or PC

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Gaming System / HTPC-Server
Processor i7 8700K (@4.8 Ghz All-Core) / R7 5900X
Motherboard Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming / MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling CM ML360 / CM ML240L
Memory 16Gb Hynix @3200 MHz / 16Gb Hynix @3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac 3080 / Colorful 1060
Storage 750G MX300 + 2x500G NVMe / 40Tb Reds + 1Tb WD Blue NVMe
Display(s) LG 27GN800-B 27'' 2K 144Hz / Sony TV
Case Xigmatek Aquarius Plus / Corsair Air 240
Audio Device(s) On Board Realtek
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W / Andyson TX-700 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero / K400+
Keyboard Wooting Two / K400+
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R15 = 1542 3D Mark Timespy = 9758
Gah! They look shockingly cheap.

I might be a bit bias tho as I dislike soundblaster products. They are usually overpriced by a fair margin for what you get. I only have a SB card in my system so i can use modified drivers to adjust the bass when i use my crappy SB speakers that have no bass control on the bass box.
I was forced to go soundblaster as that's all that was for sale here at the time apart from bad Chinese copies.

System Name i5Panther
Processor Intel i5 760 @ 4Ghz (Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B)
Motherboard ASUS P7H55
Cooling Front: 1x140mm, Left Side: 1x140mm Right Side: 1x80mm, Rear: 120mm Top: 2x140mm, Bottom: 2x120mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB DC DDR3 PC12800 @1600Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon HD 6950 (Unlocked Shaders, 880/1375)
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 32MB/Wester Digital Caviar Green 1TB 64MB
Display(s) Iiyama E2002WS-B1 20"
Case Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic (Logitech X-530 5.1)
Power Supply Corsair ModXStream Pro 700w
Software Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores P6040 - 3DMark11
I wonder how they compare to Logitech's

Processor AMD R5 3600
Motherboard ASUS X370 Prime Pro
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3000Mhz C15 @ 3600Mhz C16
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 FE
Storage 4x 1TB SSD
Display(s) Benq XL2411Z 144Hz + Asus VS24H
Case Corsair 270R
Audio Device(s) Yamaha AG03 + Rode Procaster
Power Supply Corsair AX 650W 90+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight
Keyboard KBD67 Lite R3 (Gazzew Boba U4 + AKKO Midnight)
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Okay, this is what this product is called:
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega Gaming Headset
'nuff said, marketing at it's finest.

T

TAViX

Wireless near your brain..:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu
Who's the genius who is keep inventing those craps!?!? :wtf::wtf::shadedshu:shadedshu

While performance MIGHT be decent, this thing is going to be heavy and because of that uncomfortable.

System Name Obelisc
Processor i7 3770k @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling H110
Memory 16GB(4x4) @ 2400 MHz 9-11-11-31
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti
Storage 850 EVO 1TB, 2x 5TB Toshiba
Case T81
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply EVGA 850 T2 80+ TITANIUM
Software Win10 64bit
Wireless seems to be the way to go for headsets.... why? Because not a single highend headset maker right now understands the concept of "flimsy wire". Inevitably your wire will break and you'll need a new headset. Whether you spent $20 or $100.

Wireless seems to be the way to go for headsets.... why? Because not a single highend headset maker right now understands the concept of "flimsy wire". Inevitably your wire will break and you'll need a new headset. Whether you spent $20 or $100.

This shows how little you know about what headsets offer and will offer. The Steel Series 7H has a cable that is a break-away cable, if it gets snagged and is going to snap it will disconnect at one of its points. You can also get replacement pieces(including cables) if need be. Wireless headsets are far too heavy to be the way to go. As battery technology gets better this won't be a problem but for now you can read reviews on what the market is currently offering gamers when it comes to wireless headsets.