• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATITOOL 0.24 REFRESH RATE FIX cause serious problems with games !

Vasot

The 0.24 Refresh rate fix does not work well

Some of my games are crashing or the override does not work at all or even cause graphic corruption !

Example of games like
Stronghold 2 (version 1.2) getting a crash with Refresh rate fix and override the Refresh rate with Imperial Glory it will still say 75hz with whatever Override you do

I also had Graphic corruption with KOTOR 2

AVOID ENABLING ATITOOL REFRESH RATE FIX AT ALL COSTS

I wonder didn't they Beta tested it before adding it with Atitool 0.24!

grazzhoppa

Processor Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 3.3GHz
Motherboard Abit IP35 Pro
Cooling Scythe Ninja, two 600RPM 12CM fans
Memory 4GB DDR2 @ 832MHz, 4-4-4-12 2T
Video Card(s) NVIDIA 8800GT @ 715/980 passively cooled
Storage 1TB WD10EARS, 500GB WD5000AAKS, 250GB HM250JI
Display(s) Samsung 204b LCD
Case Ultra Wizard
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC888
Power Supply Seasonic S12-II 380 watt
Software Windows 7 Pro. (x64)
Is ATItool's refresh rate override the same as the Directx override?

Start > Run > type dxdiag > More Help tab > last item on the page click "Override"

FatMaserati

Mate, this is a free program made by a guy who donates his expertise for the love of it. Don't criticize it the way you just did. I'm sure there are plenty of other people on this forum who feel the same way as I do.

Yes, they do test it in the beta versions. Why didn't you test it yourself if you're so unhappy with it? There are other ways to point out a bug/problem that you are having, FFS.

Maybe you just have a screwed up system... Stop being so ungrateful, or do us a favour and F-off.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
the refresh rate fix has been in beta for 2 months

i hope you understand that i have neither the time nor the games to test it on every possible hardware and software combination. actually i havent played a game since january this month.

Processor AMD 5800x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Water Loop
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z neo
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 NVMEs / SSDs
Display(s) 27" AOC AG271QX
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE-7
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750
Software Windows 10
Vasot said:
I wonder didn't they Beta tested it before adding it with Atitool 0.24!

There was beta testing but as W1zzard said you can't test everything in every possible combonation of hardware and software. So lay off and give him a chance.

-Dan

Vasot

grazzhoppa said:
Is ATItool's refresh rate override the same as the Directx override?

Start > Run > type dxdiag > More Help tab > last item on the page click "Override"

It is set to Default

Now i am using again The Catalyst Control Center refresh Override and it works fine without problems

So i am 100% sure these is ATITOOL problem

FatMaserati Mate, this is a free program made by a guy who donates his expertise for the love of it. Don't criticize it the way you just did. I'm sure there are plenty of other people on this forum who feel the same way as I do.

Yes, they do test it in the beta versions. Why didn't you test it yourself if you're so unhappy with it? There are other ways to point out a bug/problem that you are having, FFS.

Maybe you just have a screwed up system... Stop being so ungrateful, or do us a favour and F-off.

Listen me here idiot

1st) My computer is not screwed at all actually is more modern and little faster than yours (It's a P4 3.4, X800XT@PE , 2.0GB RAM)

2nd) ATI Control Center Refresh override option works FINE without any problems as i said above to Gropzolla so THESE IS DEFINITELY A ATI TOOL PROBLEM AND NOT WITH MY SYSTEM

3d) I am not the only one that has problems with the New ATITOOL Refresh OVERRIDE just look a little around and in other forums there are also many people that the new ATITTOOL Refresh Override causing serious troubles...So i am sure they know how i feel too

Conclusion
Shut your Crappy mouth next time and if you have nothing to say for helping me to solve the problem you F-off

Wizzard the refresh rate fix has been in beta for 2 months

i hope you understand that i have neither the time nor the games to test it on every possible hardware and software combination. actually i havent played a game since january this month.

Ok i can undestand that, but it's better not to release something when it is not 100% tested

than releasing it and start causing mayhem to other peoples PCs
and that Mayhem in these case is the new ATITOOL Refresh fix

As an Overclocking tool ATITOOL 0.24 is pretty stable until now and i am thankfull for that ;)
but why you added the new Refresh rat fix if you had not tested it enough.... My PC games got Berserk when i enabled your Refresh fix :(

Last edited:
Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
Vasot said:
Ok i can undestand that, but it's better not to release something when it is not 100% tested than releasing it and start causing mayhem to other peoples PCs

Ok...first you can't 100% test something, you are always going to get bugs. Look at windows, and games. You need to get updates and patches for them to fix bugs. Second this is a free program so have to be ready to face problems and if it messes up, your the one that took the agreement on using the software. Its not like you payed for it and its messing up. And third W1zzard does this on his own time, he does it for other people. I'm sure he has other things to do than get criticized from people, because of a bug. You should be thankful that you can get your hands on such a good little overclocking program. Theres going to be bugs, but give him time to work them out.

-Dan

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
vasot: no software is and can ever be 100% tested. if refresh rate is not working for you, dont use it and report the bug here so it can be fixed

also please dont call other people "idiots"

Ex0skelet0r

vasot.. how a software can be 100% tested? we must test atitool with all the avaliable games, all the avaliable motherboards, all the avaliable graphic cards etc..
next time think before you talk

Vasot

W1zzard said:
vasot: no software is and can ever be 100% tested. if refresh rate is not working for you, dont use it and report the bug here so it can be fixed

also please dont call other people "idiots"

1st)
OK even 80% or 95% would be nice, nothing is perfect i can understand that
but in these case you did not even tested ATITOOL REFRESH FIX did you??

Not even at 40% tested i would say with all these errors that so many users are having and not only me with your Refresh fixer

Anyway i hope you fix it before computers start to blow away because of your Refresh fixer

2nd)It's not "PEOPLE" it's was only to Mr FATMASERATI

He was beeing provoking and he told me to F-off
so i responded him accordingly

You did not even mention what he told him and how he treated me...Strange for you

Well If he continues acting like a smarta*s he does not leave me another choice but continue calling him an idiot or worse...It's not my fault for that

Well next time before starting saying people to f-off maybe he use his brain first

Last edited:

Vasot

Ex0skelet0r said:
next time think before you talk

Hey W1zzard that is the provoking sh*t i was talking about :rolleyes:

Now if i respond to him as i responded to MR FatMaserati would i be the bad guy ?? :rolleyes:

Exoskeletor go fetch with your boyfriend FatMaserati if you have not something really new to say
except acting like a "parrot"
Think of it before you talk next time

Last edited:
Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
Vasot said:

1st)
OK even 95% would be nice, nothing is perfect i can understand that
but in these case you did not even tested ATITOOL REFRESH FIX did you??

Just to say this problem is not happening for everyone. I have had no problems with the fixed refresh rate. Only with some games or hardware is there problems and you can't test every possible combination with it. You would be there for years. This version of Atitool has been out on beta for a long time, I don't know exactly. So you should have done beta testing if your not so happy with this program. Its not just W1zzard who tested, he needs help and when people find bugs they reported. So don't put it all on him.

-Dan

Vasot

djbbenn said:
Its not just W1zzard who tested, he needs help and when people find bugs they reported. So don't put it all on him.

-Dan

as you can see i have reported it that the Fixer has serious problems with games (and not only me)
Ok who is the responsible for these program then??

I would love to help Mr Wizard but unfortunately i can not use risk my system for "Software Experiments"
I have valuable data for my work except games
I really hated of what happened when i enabled the ATI TOOL REFRESH FIXER and i do not want to happen me again

I guess competitors tools like ATI TRAY TOOLS or RADLINKER have more people tested them because their tools works fine even with their Refresh fixer enabled that they also implement

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
Its W1zzards program, but you must see he can't fully test it himself. As I said he needs help, so when you found a bug you report it like you did. But don't say the things you said. Your accussing him like he did something wrong which is not the case. Your saying things like he was messing peoples pc's up and he doesn't care about his program. If you have problems you simply turn this feature off. Don't go saying the things you said. Its one little feature thats having problems, and all you have to do is turn it off to fix it. When you installed it you agree with the licence that " In no event shall the author be liable for any damage arising from using or inability to use this software." So in other words don't blame him if it didn't work for you. You report it and leave it at that.

-Dan

watzup_ken

The point is, its not possible for any app to be flawless. If you think it doesn't suit you, then there are other overclocking alternative tools out there. But if you are planning to stay with ATItool, then you should raise the prob to the admins of this site rather than criticizing them for their hardwork. I'm sure you don't like someone criticizing you so badly for something that you put quite some effort into right? :rolleyes: