• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Be Quiet! Intros Dark Rock Pro CPU Cooler

System Name Dust Collector
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Motherboard Asus B550I Aorus Pro WiFi AX
Cooling Alpenfohn Black Ridge V2 w/ Noctua NF-A9x14
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz/CL16
Video Card(s) Power Color Red Dragon RX 5700 XT
Storage Samsung EVO+ 500GB NVMe
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF
Case Dan Case A4
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
if it is better the the thermalright arrow, im sold! screw it! im a modder I can mod a bracket to add weight support. shit this is what pc overclocking is all about, top end cooling no matter what!

Or you can use a strand of Ninja Wire.

roguefaye

mine just arrived today, it fitted into an Asus P8P67 board no problem,the 4 DIMMS can be used but you must install the ram BEFORE installing the heatsink, only the last Dimm can be install/remove while heatsink is attached.The rams i used are G.Skill RipJawX and their heatsinks are not small.
The installation was a PAIN, and I mean it. I've installed heatsink as hugh as the scythe mugen and other water cool unit but this one is a pain I'll try to explain here.
we all know we have to install a back plate with 4 screws but those 4 screws are build longer so they go through the plate, the board and to hold the heatsink.
so if i line up the plate, put the screws in ,at this stage the screws are still Loose it only goes through the plate and board and doenst grip anything until screwed onto the heatsink .i have to flip the board around and line up the heatsink and more than a few times the screws just falls out.
When you manage to line it up, how do u expect to turn the screw while the board facing up and you're holding 1.5kg + board +ram and screws are falling. If you flip it around so the heatink is down,how do u line up? One has to try it to understand the pain.
performance wise., I will need to finish the system tonight, do a bit of overclocking and post here.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
mine just arrived today, it fitted into an Asus P8P67 board no problem,the 4 DIMMS can be used but you must install the ram BEFORE installing the heatsink, only the last Dimm can be install/remove while heatsink is attached.The rams i used are G.Skill RipJawX and their heatsinks are not small.
The installation was a PAIN, and I mean it. I've installed heatsink as hugh as the scythe mugen and other water cool unit but this one is a pain I'll try to explain here.
we all know we have to install a back plate with 4 screws but those 4 screws are build longer so they go through the plate, the board and to hold the heatsink.
so if i line up the plate, put the screws in ,at this stage the screws are still Loose it only goes through the plate and board and doenst grip anything until screwed onto the heatsink .i have to flip the board around and line up the heatsink and more than a few times the screws just falls out.
When you manage to line it up, how do u expect to turn the screw while the board facing up and you're holding 1.5kg + board +ram and screws are falling. If you flip it around so the heatink is down,how do u line up? One has to try it to understand the pain.
performance wise., I will need to finish the system tonight, do a bit of overclocking and post here.

I had this problem with my Alpenfóhn nordwand after I attached the backplate I grabed some bolts and attached those before doing the heatsink, made everything much easier as bolts no longer fell lol

Last edited:

roguefaye

Ok, got my 2500k Sandybridge to 4.3ghz , just initial O/C, not finalise yet.
1.4v , the fan would go to 1700RPM max, u wont hear a thing. Keeps the CPU at 60c which is pretty good i think. Will try to go higher clock later.

Ok, got my 2500k Sandybridge to 4.3ghz , just initial O/C, not finalise yet.
1.4v , the fan would go to 1700RPM max, u wont hear a thing. Keeps the CPU at 60c which is pretty good i think. Will try to go higher clock later.

click "tech Power Up! Forums"
click "Overclocking & Cooling (## Viewing)"
click "+/ New Thread"
????
Profit!!!