• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The unknown future of PC gaming....

But consoles are not intended to compete with upgradable PCs. The PC Vs console debate is retarded. They can not and should not be compared. Uber PCs are great. But the console gamer shouldn't be looked down on because they decide to take the easy route to gaming.

Yes and that easy(mindless) route is why there aren't as much great games as there used to be but only sequels to sequels to a sequel.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Because the average console crowd is much easier to content and are willing to pay higher prices. Because there's not enough console gamers (as to make a difference) that would go to forums and say 2 straight intelligent sentences as to why a game sucks* and that way they have no post-release responsability.
Because they don't care about dedicated servers, 32+ player MP, ability to create mods and countless of other things that PC gamers take as granted.
etc.etc.

I'm obviously not putting guys from TPU forums on that bag, but you guys you are the minority.

* They would say childish things that no one takes seriously.

So, because I'm a console gamer, I'm not as intelligent as you? Mmmmmmmmmm.

But thats the point. They are in fact the inferior platform.

Well, yes. But that inferior platform isn't what this thread is about. This thread is about PC gaming dying out.

Benetanegia

Yes and that easy(mindless) route is why there aren't as much great games as there used to be but only sequels to sequels to a sequel.

Yep, exactly. If the attitude of the mayority is let's just play anything, publishers will just release anything.

The same is happening to TV. At least here is Spain it's terrible. Apprently people just put on the TV and want to see the most mindless and irrelevant thing they can find (like Big Brother), so as to not to have to use the brain (after the countless hours of not using their brain in their repetitive and meaningless work I guess) and since that's what a mayority of people want, not the grand mayority, but a significant mayority and creating those crappy TV shows cost 2 pennies, that's what we get today on TV. 24/7 of midless and irrelevant mediocrity.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Critical Mass reached. Thread will now self destruct!

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Critical Mass reached. Thread will now self destruct!

Nah m8. We are all debating like adults. But one idiot always has to start throwing the insults around.

PS: another thing I have noticed is hardcore PC gamers turning their backs on PC gaming and actually turning to consoles (a little bit like myself).

Benetanegia

Yep, exactly. If the attitude of the mayority is let's just play anything, publishers will just release anything. The cheapest thing.

The same is happening to TV. At least here is Spain it's terrible. Apprently people just put on the TV and want to see the most mindless and irrelevant thing they can find (like Big Brother), so as to not to have to use the brain (after the countless hours of not using their brain in their repetitive and meaningless work I guess) and since that's what a mayority of people want, not the grand mayority, but a significant mayority and creating those crappy TV shows cost 2 pennies, that's what we get today on TV. 24/7 of midless and irrelevant mediocrity.

So, because I'm a console gamer, I'm not as intelligent as you? Mmmmmmmmmm.

I said that I exclude TPU users, because being on TPU already demostrates some degree of intelligence, but face it, most console gamers are <15 year old idiots.

That being said, you are not as intelligent as me.

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
VR HMD HTV Vive, Valve Index
Software Arch Linux
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran
So, this thread is basically pointless.

PC gaming isn't dying, but it is being effected by the prevailence of consoles. People still play games on the PC, companies still make games for the PC, some companies make games for the PC exclusively, but the console market holds the rest of the developers back from taking huge steps in technological progression. There's too much money in it, Nintendo, Sony, Sega and Microsoft turned the video game industry into a billion dollar a year industry and all the publishers want a slice of that pie.

And Hookey, you got trolled pretty hard, reread your post then look through the rest of posts after it.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Yep, exactly. If the attitude of the mayority is let's just play anything, publishers will just release anything. The cheapest thing.

I said that I exclude TPU users, because being on TPU already demostrates some degree of intelligence, but face it, most console gamers are <15 year old idiots.

You may be more intelligent than me.....but at least I can spell FFS! Please tell me how you know you are more intelligent than me?

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620GM
Software win10
Just saying it makes you less of an idiot then describing it though.

You guys are bonkers! I would love to think of myself as a superior being from a master race because I use a PC but the honest truth is this: If I am playing a game with my friends, it doesn't matter if it's on the PC or the console because I'm having equal amounts of fun on both systems!

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

yeah maybe on the Nintendo Wii. the average age of a gamer is 35.

Praetorian

System Name The Praetorian
Processor 2x Intel® Xeon® Processor X5680-3.33 GHz
Motherboard Intel® Workstation Board S5520SC
Memory 48GB (12x4GB) Corsair XMS3 - DDR3-2000MHz
Video Card(s) 2x NVIDIA® Quadro® 6000
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp U2711 27”
Power Supply Corsair Gold AX1200-1200W
Software Windows 7 - x64
I keep reading this thread and I'm laughing my pants off. What's with this silly statement that people prefer gaming on consoles because they are easier to use, or are much more simpler and convenient than gaming on PC?!?!!? LOL

You guys are bonkers! I would love to think of myself as a superior being from a master race because I use a PC but the honest truth is this: If I am playing a game with my friends, it doesn't matter if it's on the PC or the console because I'm having equal amounts of fun on both systems!

You have a good point there.

That is one thing that is terrible about the PC. I had tons of fun playing splitscreen Halo 3 with friends and family.

Benetanegia

You may be more intelligent than me.....but at least I can spell FFS!

Oh, we are at that point in which the bad spelling of people for whom english is the 3rd (maybe 4th) language is a valid counter-argument?

And it was a joke FFS!

Bad timing for a joke? You're probably right.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
English isn't everyones 1st language.

That's not my fault is it? We can't all be perfect.

Oh, we are at that point in which the bad spelling of people for whom english is the 3rd (maybe 4th) language is a valid counter-argument?

Well please explain to me how you are more intelligent than me and how you know this for a fact? Have we met?

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
VR HMD HTV Vive, Valve Index
Software Arch Linux
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran
You know, at some point the mods are gonna look at this thread and they might close it. I really like this thread and find it to be good conversation, so why would you foul it up with insults and general retardation.

So why doesn't everyone stand up, take a chill pill and come back to the table when they can act like adults?

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
You know, at some point the mods are gonna look at this thread and they might close it. I really like this thread and find it to be good conversation, so why would you foul it up with insults and general retardation.

So why doesn't everyone stand up, take a chill pill and come back to the table when they can act like adults?

I agree. This thread isn't about PC vs console. It's about PC gaming, nothing more.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
yeah maybe on the Nintendo Wii. the average age of a gamer is 35.

You see? 360 and PS3 users think they are leet because of the Wii having "less power". But in fact the Wii is a vastly superior platform then the PS3 or 360. Add the fact they cannot hold a candle to the PC in ANYTHING and you are given a massive inferiority complex. Sad really.

Someones trying for a mod title lol

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG