• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Katz is dead?

System Name Toaster!
Processor Intel Core i7 10700KF @ 3.8/5.1GHZ
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z490-P Motherboard
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler.
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3600MHz CL16 DDR4
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 OC 24GB
Storage Samsung 970 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB
Display(s) Asus ROG PG43UQ 4K UHD 144Hz G-Sync HDR 43in + 2 x ASUS VG258Q FHD 144Hz Freesync 25in Monitor
Case Corsair Obsidian 900D
Audio Device(s) EPOS Sennheiser GSX 1000 V2 amplifier + EPOS Gaming GSP 601 Headset
Power Supply Corsair AX1000 Titanium Modular
Mouse Razer Deathadder
Keyboard Corsair K70.
Software ALL HAIL WINDOWS 10.
Benchmark Scores Old system: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/6805248
Technically Katz.cd isn't illegal since it only index's the illegal sites for hits.

Please don't delete this thread under those terms.

I tried accessing Katz.cd 2 days ago and it comes up with a dodgy looking pay to download website, and still nothing has changed today either. Is this the death of one of the largest indexing sites ever? I've heard mixed reports on threads that it is gone for good due to an arguement in the leadership, or that it has been hacked. I tried finding their facebook page which apparently existed but doesn't look like it.

Anyone got info or want to speculate?

John Phoenix

Yep it's dead.

" What initially started out as a compromise has lead to an internal disagreement to the sites operation. There are many rumors floating around and even news articles, though I cannot say many are even close to the truth and it is far more complicated than what it seems.

Following many hours of discussions and ideas we've not been able to come to an agreement.

From this point on, Katz Downloads will cease to operate. The closure is permanent.

It's important to remember that WJunction has no direct links to the Katz Network and it's been nothing more than a support forum. WJunction will continue to operate as usual.

We have no bearing on this besides requesting that the Katz Downloads section shortly be removed.

Thank you. "

Quote taken from this site: http://www.wjunction.com/showthread.php?p=711111#post711111