• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BenQ Releases EW Series VA LED Monitors – Room Theater Made Easy

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Internationally-renowned provider of digital monitors -BenQ, proudly announced the release of their EW Series of Vertical Alignment (VA) LED monitors - The lineup of the VA-panel LED monitors includes EW2430 and EW2430V. With True 3,000:1 Native Contrast Ratio and BenQ's proprietary Senseye Human Vision Technology all on a true 8-bit color panel, these beautiful VA LED monitors aims to bring full connectivity, smarter video design and elevate its viewers audiovisual experience.

Leading the EW Series is the 24" EW2430V VA LED monitor, this VA LED panel features an ultra-high native contrast ratio of 3,000:1 for added depth and definition, also minimizes light leakage. It has better contrast and detail in dark-colored movie scenes. Equipped with the ultra high Dynamic Contrast Ratio (DCR) that equates to 20,000,000:1, it enhances the details and color contrast, producing the most exquisite and flawless true-to-life images. The true 8-bit color range with 16.7M color level presents saturated vividness and smoother color transitions in every image.

EW2430 and EW2430V are designed to support a variety and multiple audiovisual enjoyments. It comes with a headphone jack, audio line in and out, 2x HDMI Ports, and 1x D-Sub and 1x DVI-D to support various gaming devices and both analog and digital signals. Four USB ports are built-in on both models for the digitally savvy, ensuring every USB device will have its own home. A component (RCA) jack for regular housing entertainment devices also empowers the V Model.

The design of EW Series aims to satisfy the demanding eyes of audiovisual lovers. By using metallic materials as the stylish essence to project simple and refined look, they can be easily blend into any room and environments. The outward extension under the screen not only creates an aesthetically pleasing exterior, but also conceals the dual 2W speakers at the same time - allowing for even cleaner and simpler lines, seamlessly integrating audio and visual dimensions of entertainment.

Besides, EW2430V is equipped with various features for users' enjoyment and convenience for video watching. These features include:
  • Smart Focus: Helping viewers to concentrate on the main viewing content when section of the selected window or area is highlighted;
  • Super Resolution: Increases the density of low resolution images and simulate to improve picture clearance, accurately capturing details and enhancing picture quality;
  • PIP/PBP: Allows viewers to display two different incoming visual contents simultaneously to maximize entertainment;
  • 3D Deinterlace: Reduces cross-over interference flickers produced while incoming videos are in interlaced format, to provide consistent smooth high visual presentation;
  • 3D Noise Reduction: Automatically removes visible noise from the source to create advanced quality output;
Both EW2430 and EW2430V will be available in Europe and Asia Pacific after January 2011 and worldwide thereafter.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i5-7600k
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Pro4
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ AC MX-4
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 2400 Corsair LPX Vengeance 15-15-15-36
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr 1070ti
Storage 240GB Corsair Force GT
Display(s) 23' Dell AW2310
Case Corsair 550D
Power Supply Seasonic SS-760XP2 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I've owned a BenQ monitor not too long ago before I got rid of it. Major light bleeding along the edges was the major problem with it. I hope these new panels coupled with LED solves that issue and brings greatness.
I have heard people say that BenQ makes great monitors, but I have yet to see so. Maybe it'll change with the new ones they come out with :toast:

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
well they have true 8 bit panels with LED. Hopefully costs won't be outrageous. Looks like I found me a new Monitor with LED!! (to replace my Asus)