• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI HD 6950 Twin Frozr III 2 GB

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
there are 2 bioses, one bios has "performance" settings, the other has "silent" settings

the switch does not switch any fan settings directly, it switches between bioses which each have different settings

zocksi

there are 2 bioses, one bios has "performance" settings, the other has "silent" settings

the switch does not switch any fan settings directly, it switches between bioses which each have different settings

Thank you so much for the Answer, finally some clarity :D . So I guess the default switch "perfomance" it´s the one I can try to unlock being "silence" the backup one, or doesnt matter which one I can try to flash?

EzyRyder

A lot of people, with the card, are claiming this is not possible.

How did you achieve the unlock? Did you modify the BIOS with RBE? Can you post a piccie? :)

Thanks

zocksi

A lot of people, with the card, are claiming this is not possible.

How did you achieve the unlock? Did you modify the BIOS with RBE? Can you post a piccie? :)

Thanks

I also couldnt unlocked it. After my researchs I do know the last banch of cards are lasercutted so it´s no way to unlocked them.

falcon26

System Name BlackBox
Processor Intel 2600K
Motherboard Evga P67 SLI
Cooling TR120 Extreme Black
Memory 8GB DDR3 Gskill
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Crucial C400 128GB
Display(s) Dell U2410
Case Fractal R3 Black Pearl
Audio Device(s) Xfi HD
Power Supply Seasonic 750 Gold
Software Windows 7 64 Bit
Is the III version pcb smaller in length then the II pcb?

Mine didn't unlock either. But it's still one hell of a gfx card. I love the cooler. With fans at 40% is virtually silent, yet the temperature never goes beyond 72°C.

@W1z
Have you checked both BIOS'es on how the fan settings are adjusted? I've tried both modes and even though the clocks are identical, i coudn't notice it being any more silent than in Performance mode for some reason.

Tried the AB-Oz method (supposedly official MSI method) and it didn't work either :( Now i'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong or my card just isn't unlockable.

Last edited: