• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS ROG Launches Bigfoot Networks Killer E2100 Networking With New AMD Motherboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Bigfoot Networks, the technology company behind the Killer line of high-performance networking products, today at Computex announced that ASUS has expanded its line of Killer E2100-based motherboards with their new ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt Motherboard.

The new ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt Motherboard supports AMD FX Series CPUs with up to 8-cores, DDR3 Memory with overclocking speeds up to 2133 MHz, multi-GPU technology for CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI, 8-ch HD, SupremeFX X-Fi 2 audio from Creative Labs and more. Powered by Bigfoot Networks' Killer E2100 networking platform and a host of other gaming-centric features, this AMD FX-based motherboard combines innovative design and technical intelligence to make the PC gaming experience more rewarding and accessible. This is the second motherboard offering from ASUS to incorporate Killer E2100 gaming network capabilities, preceded by the ROG Rampage III Black Edition.

The ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt is among the first Killer E2100-based motherboards to ship with Bigfoot's new Advanced Stream Detect feature. Advanced Stream Detect automatically classifies all network traffic and prioritizes streams that are particularly sensitive to network performance and latency, such as HD video, online games, video and audio conferencing, voice chat and more. As a result, users can watch videos while downloading large files, send instant messages and play games simultaneously, or navigating the Web while video conferencing without all of the pausing and stuttering associated with slower, less intelligent networking solutions.

"We have seen a tremendous response to our ROG Rampage III Black Edition motherboard and ThunderBolt expansion module using the embedded Killer E2100 networking platform," said Kris Huang, product line manager, ASUS. "With the addition of Bigfoot Networks' Advanced Stream Detect technology to the Killer E2100, we are excited to add this great new capability to our ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt motherboard and provide our customers the best online experience for all their online games, streaming video and audio."

"We are excited that Asus has added our Killer E2100 networking technology to their new line of AMD-based ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt Motherboards," said Michael Howse, CEO of Bigfoot Networks. "When industry innovators such as ASUS recognize the value of our exclusive technologies like Game Networking DNA and Advanced Stream Detect and offer it on multiple platforms, it reaffirms our passion for creating the fastest, most intelligent networking products for online games, HD video and real-time internet applications."

The ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt motherboard will be available for purchase at the end of June 2011. For more details on ASUS motherboards with embedded Bigfoot Networks Killer E2100 technology, visit http://press.asus.com/computex2011/rog/. For more information on Bigfoot's Killer E2100 platform and supported products, visit http://www.bigfootnetworks.com/killer-e2100/.

Bigfoot Networks' Advanced Stream Detect technology is now available for all of its networking platforms including Killer E2100 embedded networking platforms (such as the ASUS ROG Rampage III Black Edition motherboard), Killer 2100 add-in cards as well as the Killer Wireless-N family of wireless networking adapters. Current Killer 2100 and Killer E2100 customers can obtain a free update to Advanced Stream Detect, by visiting bigfootnetworks.com/ASD.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
N-I-C-E When and where can I buy;)

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro

Activeduke

Processor AMD PhenomII X6 1050T @ 3,5GHz
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2
Cooling Corsair H80
Memory Corsair Dominator 2x2gb @1600mhz
Video Card(s) Asus 670GTX DirectCUii
Storage Samsung 830 128gb SSD, Seagate 500gb HDD
Case Fractal Design DEF R3
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Zx
Power Supply Corsair CX600
Software Win7 Ultimate x64
Havent seen a network card that size since I looked inside my old Presario :rockout:

Last I heard, Bigfoot Networks hadn't managed to make their cards do anything more than "practically nothing". Has this since changed?

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Last I heard, Bigfoot Networks hadn't managed to make their cards do anything more than "practically nothing". Has this since changed?

If they really made it do something. do you think they would need to bundle it with a board manufacturer to FORCE people to buy it??

answer is no. they still do nothing, Bigfoot is sucking Asus dick trying to make their end of year report amazing so when they take it to the CO of bigfoot networks in his big boardroom. they can happily declare that they shifted millions thousands of units because people actually genuinely WANTED to buy their products. when in reality, no one could care less. and as almost all online reviews have stated. for the same price of the killer Nic you can buy other components that will boost your performance more then just a few more fps which Bigfoot claims to give you.

its hard to believe that they once called this product revolutionary.

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
If they really made it do something. do you think they would need to bundle it with a board manufacturer to FORCE people to buy it??

answer is no. they still do nothing, Bigfoot is sucking Asus dick trying to make their end of year report amazing so when they take it to the CO of bigfoot networks in his big boardroom. they can happily declare that they shifted millions thousands of units because people actually genuinely WANTED to buy their products. when in reality, no one could care less. and as almost all online reviews have stated. for the same price of the killer Nic you can buy other components that will boost your performance more then just a few more fps which Bigfoot claims to give you.

its hard to believe that they once called this product revolutionary.

While I agree they are doing this to get their products in people's hands, this is not force. All the boards that do and will have the Killer NIC charge about a $65 to $75 premium for the card so you are still paying for it.

Second it does not do nothing. While the boost in FPS is minimal, the Killer NIC does more than that. It helps to prevent lag and directly addresses latency issues. I have a friend who does reviews who also thought Killer was a gimmick when he tested the G1 Assassin board. He found out in testing it help in Bad Company 2 a lot by reduces his issues with ghosting, hit detection, and stutter caused by packet lose and latency.

Is the difference huge? Not really. Does it work exactly like they say? Yeah it does. Will it help you while you game? That is up to you, but I would say yes.

And before you say this is second hand info. I was with him in BC2 during the tests on mutually crap servers. While we both had issues, he could kill moving people consistently and I could not.

System Name Vegnagun
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard Asus B550 Gaming-E
Cooling Noctua NH-U14
Memory 4x8 G. Skill 3800mhz CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
Storage WD SN850 2tb
Display(s) Viotek 1080p 120hz
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech 815 tactile
Software Windows 10 Education
Benchmark Scores top 1% in the world for weekly score in Killzone 2 :)
How does a card inside of your pc help with packet loss and lag? Isn't that more on the ISP end of things?

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
How does a card inside of your pc help with packet loss and lag? Isn't that more on the ISP end of things?

Shhhh, Bigfoot might sue you for defamation! I am very disappointed with Asus, they could have given us better things like cheaper price.

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.

It is usually delay on the server end due to traffic or on your end due to network congestion or CPU busy doing other things. Its not that the packet did not arrive, but it is that they are not being processed fast enough.

Enemy on screen at point A, but the server knows he is at point B. You fire, server counts that as a miss even though you clearly can see him being shot on your screen because your screen is show out dated info. because several packets of data got congested in your system. In the same situation, the Killer NIC (and cards like it) will see the game packet and process it first, ignoring your buddies on VOIP for a few ms.

In both cases you system got the packets. The Killer was just quick enough to the draw to give you a more accurate view of the battlefield. FPS traffic is unique as network traffic error correction will always require dropping out dated packets to stay in sync with a server. The Killer NIC would reduce the number of times this has to happen because it manages the network better.

It is not just the card, there is a lot of software work going on with the card as well.

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
After June 15, at a store near you that sells ASUS ROG products.

I didn't think anyone was gonna reply but cheerz mate!

kirtar

Honestly if you're already running Intel LAN, I don't see why you'd bother with it. If anything, I would imagine that other home network components (such as your router) would cause more problems. Either way, I don't see it as worth the extra money. Also, last I checked the board itself has some features that perform a similar function.

System Name Old Gateway / Steam Deck OLED LE
Processor i5 4440 3.1ghz / Jupiter 4c 8t
Motherboard Gateway / Valve
Cooling Eh it doesn't thermal throttle
Memory 2x 8GB JEDEC 1600mhz DDR3 / 16gb DDR5 6400
Video Card(s) RX 560D 4GB / Navi II 8CU
Storage 240gb 2.5 SSD / 1TB nvme
Display(s) Dell @ 1280*1024 75hz / 800p OLED
Case Gateway / Valve LE
Audio Device(s) Gateway Diamond Audio EMC2.0-USB 5375U ($15 a long ass time ago), Valve
Power Supply 380w oem / 65w valve USB-C
Mouse Purple Walmart special, 1600dpi. Black desk mat
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 100 / virtual
VR HMD Lmao
Software Windows 10 / Steam OS
Benchmark Scores It can run Crysis (Original), Doom 2016, and Halo MCC. SD LE 45fps
everytime i see e2100 i think of a pentium dual-core/core 2.

i remember the ad they bombarded on gametrailers.com when killer nic was a new thing. every time i went to check out a vid i'd have to watch their ad.

i've really never needed one though... I think they'd do more good in an xbox360 lol

i'm sure they have their place with the CAL people and such.