• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Announces New Liquid CPU Coolers

CyberDruid

System Name Shop Dog
Processor E8400
Motherboard Asus Blitz Formula SE
Cooling d-Tek FuZion
Memory 2 x 2GB DDR2 800 G Skill
Video Card(s) EVGA 7900 GTX
Storage 150GB VelociRaptor
Display(s) Acer 21.5 1080p LED Back Lit Monitor
Case Working on it
Audio Device(s) PCI SoundMax
Power Supply Silverstone 750 Modular
Software XP Pro SP2
Benchmark Scores Super Pi 11.56s 1M at 4050mhz
Yes they are similar at the end.

The fact is that, or you do at 100% or just leave, because the advantage is minimal even if the expenditure is similar to high end air heatsinks ... A custom kit costs more but i assure you it's worth all the money spent.

In these kits, the problem is the length of the circuit that should make the water is simply too short the water does not have time to cool down.

I assume you mean by "the circuit that should make the water is simply too short" is that the radiator lacks surface area comparable to multi fan form factor radiators.

That would be a sure bet. If a small surface area can somehow cool better than a large surface area somebody better call CERN and let them know they aren't the only ones that discovered something outside the parameters of physics and reality.

But from my own tests with single radiators I find a single radiator, even a thin one, even on a short loop with no res, just a T line will cool an overclocked Quad. The water shifts heat from the copper more efficiently than air does from a heatpipe. This allows for somewhat denser construction of LC heat exchanger parts.

bear jesus

System Name Gaming temp// HTPC
Processor AMD A6 5400k // A4 5300
Motherboard ASRock FM2A75 PRO4// ASRock FM2A55M-DGS
Cooling Xigmatek HDT-D1284 // stock phenom II HSF
Memory 4GB 1600mhz corsair vengeance // 4GB 1600mhz corsair vengeance low profile
Storage 64gb sandisk pulse SSD and 500gb HDD // 500gb HDD
Display(s) acer 22" 1680x1050
Power Supply Seasonic G-450 // Corsair CXM 430W
Many high end air coolers have similar results, or you do some custom WC system or do not buy these because they have no real advantage.

You are forgetting about people like myself who have had enough of over 1kg of metal either pressing down on or hanging off of the CPU socket.

Going from a full copper scythe ninja with 2 fans to a H50 massively reduced the strain on my board making both me and the board much happier :laugh:

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
I assume you mean by "the circuit that should make the water is simply too short" is that the radiator lacks surface area comparable to multi fan form factor radiators.

That would be a sure bet. If a small surface area can somehow cool better than a large surface area somebody better call CERN and let them know they aren't the only ones that discovered something outside the parameters of physics and reality.

But from my own tests with single radiators I find a single radiator, even a thin one, even on a short loop with no res, just a T line will cool an overclocked Quad. The water shifts heat from the copper more efficiently than air does from a heatpipe. This allows for somewhat denser construction of LC heat exchanger parts.

thats because water is a more effective than air at transferring heat.