• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BF3- Cant see ping (PC)

System Name The Fouth Light
Processor i7-2600K @ 3.80GHz (1.35voltage)
Motherboard GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Corsair H50
Memory 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Video Card(s) 2x GTX460 @ Stock
Storage Cosair GTX Neutron 120GB + 2xWD Carviar Black 640GB RAID0
Display(s) Samsung S27B970D 27 Inch
Case Thermaltake Element V Full tower
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essense STX
Power Supply Corsair HX1000W
Software Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
You shouldn't buy any OS then :) lol, did you ever seen a game without any bug? DICe and EA, always at the begining, there is some majors bugs (even I didn't get any since I play BF3), and after it will be okay. BF2 was unplayable before the first patch lol.

if it's your ISP that block some port, don't blame EA. Did I told someone to blame Microsoft when his ISP was blocking port 25?

What I would od, is to make sure my router doesn'T block anything, and Get the list of ports BF3 used. Then call your ISP to see if there is really one blocking.

BTW, Have you tried with other browser?

That's why I said major or noticeable bugs, I can live with minor bugs but not bugs which causes your game to disconnect every 30 minutes, or cause your PC to lock up then damage it's component and data.....

The first time I ran the game, my PC locked up and it didn't recover, I had to format it, then I kept getting this "Battlefield.exe stopped" thing. Yesterday the game caused my PC to lockup again and this time for some reason it caused my computer to take around 10 minutes just to reach the point where you get the Welcome page.....

So yeah, this is what I call major bugs. Just because the game runs fine for you doesn't mean that its running fine for everyone, I can safely say that you are in the minority, check the technical section on battlelog then you will understand me. About the ISP issue, all the people I know who play BF3 have the same issue, people from many different countries so it's not possible that ALL of their ISPs are blocking some important port or something like that.

EDIT: oh, the only browser that can actually launch the game is Chrome the rest have too many bugs to tolerate....

System Name PC
Processor i7 9700KF
Motherboard MSI Z390 A PRO
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz
Video Card(s) PALIT RTX 4070 Dual 12Gb
Storage 2X Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, Samsung 850 pro 512gb SSD
Display(s) DELL C34H89x 34" Ultrawide
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D
Audio Device(s) Audioengine A5+ Speakers
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 64bit
are you running your 4.7ghz overclock @ 1.45volts when this happens?

Cooling Corsair H50
are you running your 4.7ghz overclock @ 1.45volts when this happens?

Nah, I'm back to stock, these data are outdated anyway. I'm running it on 3.80Ghz (Turbo) at 1.330 volts. I increased the voltage a little bit yesterday just to make sure that it's not that cause, so far the PC didn't lockup though the game crashes from time to time.

System Name Dell inspiron 5570
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7500U Processor
Motherboard Dell Inc.
Memory SK Hynix 4GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4-19200
Video Card(s) Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Storage Intel Optane+932GBHDD w/ External Crucial M500 240GB ssd
Display(s) 15.6" w/ Extended display Samsung 27"
Audio Device(s) Realtek Audio
Mouse ONN Wireless
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64)
Benchmark Scores HaHa yeah right :p
I dont know if 1/2 the people who bought the game cannot play or not but our gaming clan has 1 out of 26 that have had a issue of not being able to play. I have yet to be able to work with him to see if it is actually on his end or the game. I agree 1 is 1 to many but that is no where near 1/2.

The game has had several server patches since its introduction. The latest R10 did cause my game to become unplayable (would not load). After some research I found the issue and have had no problems loading since. My particular game is a Russian version converted to English and a patch was necessary to correct the changes.

Im not saying the game doesn't have some issues some have been fixed some haven't but for 99% of the guys I play with have played since the game came out and had a lot of fun.

As far as pings I use Google chrome with a Belkin, Netgear, and Linksis router and have never had an issue with the pings showing.

I get irritated when people dont bother to research and go into a little investigating when they have the www at their finger tips where almost all issues can at least be found if not resolved. Asking for help is one thing but just bitching and trashing companies doesn't fix your game or help you play any sooner no matter how much better a person feels after showing their iq on the net.

Attachments

• pingbf3.png
    pingbf3.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 529
Cooling Corsair H50
I dont know if 1/2 the people who bought the game cannot play or not but our gaming clan has 1 out of 26 that have had a issue of not being able to play. I have yet to be able to work with him to see if it is actually on his end or the game. I agree 1 is 1 to many but that is no where near 1/2.

The game has had several server patches since its introduction. The latest R10 did cause my game to become unplayable (would not load). After some research I found the issue and have had no problems loading since. My particular game is a Russian version converted to English and a patch was necessary to correct the changes.

Im not saying the game doesn't have some issues some have been fixed some haven't but for 99% of the guys I play with have played since the game came out and had a lot of fun.

As far as pings I use Google chrome with a Belkin, Netgear, and Linksis router and have never had an issue with the pings showing.

I get irritated when people dont bother to research and go into a little investigating when they have the www at their finger tips where almost all issues can at least be found if not resolved. Asking for help is one thing but just bitching and trashing companies doesn't fix your game or help you play any sooner no matter how much better a person feels after showing their iq on the net.

I suppose the last paragraph is targeted toward me :confused:

Oh well, here we go again:

1. Consumers are not supposed to go around looking on the Internet for fixes for producer mistakes (though I did do many "fixes" suggested by in many thread and non have yet to work).

2. I wouldn't "bitch and trash" DICE if this was the first time I get a bugged game from them. This is probably the 5th or the 6th game that DICE release with so much bugs, BF2 didn't crash that many times for me.

3. I get irritated when people start saying "I'm playing the game fine" and then follow it with a few sentences making you feel as if you are liar or something.....so again, just because the game is working fine for you or your friends doesn't mean that the majority of players are playing it fine. Just do a short tour in the technical section.

4. It seems that many people forgot their rights, I've a right to receive a good product and service, it's not my job to go around looking for fixes, and I want this to be clear for the big companies who making this a trend where they keep releasing unfinished products and expect the consumer to pinpoint and fix their bugs by themselves.

I find it quite astonishing that people still defend DICE after all the crap that we had to go through all over these years, bugs here and bugs there.

One last thing, I hope that no body start with the "if you don't like it, don't play it" argument, I'm getting bored of it, I want to play the damn game but the amount of bugs is ruining the fun.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.......

System Name Dell inspiron 5570
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7500U Processor
Motherboard Dell Inc.
Memory SK Hynix 4GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4-19200
Video Card(s) Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Storage Intel Optane+932GBHDD w/ External Crucial M500 240GB ssd
Display(s) 15.6" w/ Extended display Samsung 27"
Audio Device(s) Realtek Audio
Mouse ONN Wireless
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64)
Benchmark Scores HaHa yeah right :p

1. Consumers are not supposed to go around looking on the Internet for fixes for producer mistakes (though I did do many "fixes" suggested by in many thread and non have yet to work).

2. I wouldn't "bitch and trash" DICE if this was the first time I get a bugged game from them. This is probably the 5th or the 6th game that DICE release with so much bugs, BF2 didn't crash that many times for me.

3. I get irritated when people start saying "I'm playing the game fine" and then follow it with a few sentences making you feel as if you are liar or something.....so again, just because the game is working fine for you or your friends doesn't mean that the majority of players are playing it fine. Just do a short tour in the technical section.

4. It seems that many people forgot their rights, I've a right to receive a good product and service, it's not my job to go around looking for fixes, and I want this to be clear for the big companies who making this a trend where they keep releasing unfinished products and expect the consumer to pinpoint and fix their bugs by themselves.

I find it quite astonishing that people still defend DICE after all the crap that we had to go through all over these years, bugs here and bugs there.

One last thing, I hope that no body start with the "if you don't like it, don't play it" argument, I'm getting bored of it, I want to play the damn game but the amount of bugs is ruining the fun.

No it was not directed at you or I would have put your name on it. It was a general statement of my opinion. I was not trying to pick a argument but in forums things may seem that way if you have a difference of opinion.

1. If you are not absolutely sure its not on your end how can someone hold anyone accountable? We all make mistakes I had one fellow clan mate that swore XP would run BF3. I just gave him a link to the requirements and left him to figure it out. This is what I mean about investigating. Some fixes are simple but overlooked.

2. Had I had "5th or the 6th game that DICE release with so much bugs" I would have seriously considered not buying from them. However if millions of people are playing these games and I continually seemed to be constantly having a issue with every game they produced I think I would concentrate on my end of the crashing.

3. I never called anyone a liar and did not intend for anyone to get that from my posts. People post back their game or ping in this case is working to show it can work. Same as in the rules for benchmark validations its meant to validate to give hope that it can run or show a ping. As far as the technical section tour goes that is exactly what that is for. What did you expect to find there? That is what it is for, people with tech problems. The other million players are playing the game why would they all come post in the technical section if they are playing just fine. That was my point saying the % of players playing without issue is most likely way higher than the % having issues. Looking at the server list and how fast my server fills seems to confirm this.

4. I totally agree. However bitching should be done in a manner that an adult would take it seriously. I mean seriously just griping goes nowhere with me when my daughter has a problem. If she comes to me and explains what is actually wrong and talks like she has a brain I am much more willing to address the issue. That is all I am saying.

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
As i said .. this is the buggiest and most unfinished games of 2011 ... the even sadder part is, majority has no experience to detect all these smaller bugs.

Ping is a big issue however. This is not a sign of just bugs, these major signs to an unfinished game.

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) LG 24MK430 primary && Samsung S24D590 secondary
Case Corsair Graphite 780T.
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Coolermaster MM530.
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
True. But then again, you rarely come around a game that's bug-free. Remember Crysis 2's many bugs ? Specially after the DX11 patch. And Deus Ex HR's loading issues ? I don't recall a game that hasn't came without issues except for CoD games because of their repeated Engines/Coding (One would have to be a complete idiot to launch a bug with that game :rolleyes: )

You're unlucky then, I guess. Haven't had many -if any- issues with BF2. The only game from I DICE that I recall had problem running is Mirror's Edge. And even then the problem was with the Physx drivers. My BF3 copy won't be here till next week, so I can't give a statement about it >_>.

It also doesn't mean the majority is having issues with it. The technical section will surely be full of people not running the game well, it's what it's meant for. Give me a single tech support forum/site that isn't infested with people with different problems.
Don't pay much attention to rude people and trolls/crappers. You'de be just wasting your time.

This one I can't help but to agree with. When talking about the game industry in general that is.

Again, it depends on one's own experience with DICE's products.

hostage67

I actually ran across this thread while trying to do some research on a bug. But I have to agree with the above statements. I am absolutely annoyed with the product quality that Dice considers good.

BF2 - Great game, while it had some bugs they were addressed and reasonable.
2142 - A little worse than BF2 and many balance issues they struggled with, overall not a bad game.
Bad Company - Console only so I didn't play it but heard it was good.
Bad Company 2 - Absolutely horrid game. I hated it from Day 1. It was clearly a console port to PC that they just didn't even bother to put much effort in. I mean really... what company thinks it's ok to release a product where half the customizeable controls simply don't work. Not to mention all of the other major gameplay issue and the fact that it released in an almost non playable state. After years of patches it is still horrible but at least it doesn't constantly crash anymore.
BF3 - I'd put this just under 2142, I can tell the core gameplay is actually pretty good, balance doesn't seem to be too far off (unless you count vehicles). However, this suffers some of the same basic problems that BC2 did. Controls that just weren't ever setup and/or tested. Joysticks still don't work unless you own only a basic joystick with basic functionality. Some controls won't allow you to set them, there are a variety of bugs and crashes in the game. And I was all excited when I read they added a colorblind option until I tried it. What retard chose the colors? Sure lets give hostiles an almost pink color that blends in with the background if you are colorblind. Why in the world would they not simply allow players to choose the colors, it is a very simple function to add in the code, they are just too lazy to do it.

Dice has been a horrible development company for years now, releasing crappy product after crappy product. BF3 is the first game I have purchased in the last 5 years that was related to Dice that I didn't just hate. And that's mostly due to how much I really love the battlefield series, more specifically BF2 and 2142.

A good program is one that just works right out of the box who's controls are intuitive. This is why the Apple iPhone was such a major success. It was very simple to use all controls were intuitive and it just worked and worked well.

A bad program is one that doesn't work, doesn't work correctly, or you can't figure out how to make it work. Dice falls into this category, not the first.

I would love to see Dice belong in the "Good" category, but the simple truth is that they don't. The program doesn't work correctly, certain functions don't work, it randomly crashes, and people have to scour the web to try and find fixes for these issues. This is bad programming. The saddest part of all is that I can look at many of these bugs and they are relatively minor fixes. Controls that aren't setup correctly should be very easy to go in and fix the mapping for. The colorblind option would be an easy fix if they simply allowed the players to use the color pallet to select their own colors. The crashes, etc... will take a bit more work as tracking those kinds of issues down can take a while. But why in the world wouldn't you fix all of the really quick and easy bugs while we're waiting (unless they only have one programmer trying to fix bugs).

The only way all of these minor fixes become difficult is if the program was poorly written to begin with, which can then easily become a nightmare. But again this would fall under the category of bad programming and the blame would once again belong firmly on Dice's shoulders where it belongs.

Now, I'm not saying every game should be 100% bug free, that's just not realistic. What is realistic is to expect it to go through at least some form of QA before release. Those control mapping options are absolutely something that should have been picked up in QA. I expect the random crashing issues are something that most likely should have been picked up in QA, but at the very least should have been addressed in the BETA which I know for a fact they were reported at that time.

What I see with Dice is clearly a good programmer somewhere wrote the Engine code that they are using. But as far as I can tell the engine is the only thing that is well written. The entire interface is horrible (what moron in their right mind would actually encourage the use of the Browser to handle the game interface), talk about the most clumsy interface ever (ok second most clumsy, BC2 was clearly worse). I really want to like the BF series, but they make it very hard when they release such utter crap as BC2 was and try to pass it off to us. I almost didn't buy BF3 just because of my experience with BC2, if a friend hand't really pushed me to buy it I wouldn't own BF3 now.

Last edited: