• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PS3 'OtherOS' Scandal: Sony 1, Customers 0

You agreed that The Company can change the EULA/TOS however it likes and whenever it likes. You always do.

Completely Bonkers

Processor Mysterious Engineering Prototype
Motherboard Intel 865
Cooling Custom block made in workshop
Memory Corsair XMS 2GB
Video Card(s) FireGL X3-256
Display(s) 1600x1200 SyncMaster x 2 = 3200x1200
Software Windows 2003
I understand that someone is annoyed at having something taken away. But is it a prima facie feature of PS3? No. And you can count the number of people who want to use their PS3 as a "supercomputer" on one hand. It is nearly impossible to program, doesnt have a deep library of existing routines, and is hard to network and scale. IIRC the "military" concept project of networking 1700 of these things has long been shelved.

The problem is that for the few people that have invested a lot of personal time in developing for the PS3 OtherOS, that this time has now been robbed or taken away from them. But it was a dead end anyway. Just like programming for cult retro PCs like 8bit 6502 assembler.

Since PS3 came out, we now have OpenCL and CUDA, Tesla 2090, and soon Knights Corner. These are far superior for your compute projects.

w3b

System Name Black n Blue
Processor Intel Core i7 930 (running at stock)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Memory OCZ PC3-12800 Platinum 3 x 2GB - OCZ3P1600VL6GK
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATi Radeon HD5850 Toxic 1GB (765/1125)
Storage OS: Samsung F3 1TB HD103SJ, Data: 2 x Samsung HD203WI
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 2443BW+
Case Antec 1200 [original version]
Audio Device(s) Onboard (Realtek ALC889A)
Power Supply Antec CP 850w PSU [Antec Signature in larger box according to JonnyGuru]
Software MS Win7 SP1 x64 OEM [yes it's legit =P ]
Benchmark Scores No world records here, just a new box I bought after sticking with an Intel P4 socket 478 PC (with n
This is bigger than Sony.

The thing that irritates me the most out of this whole ordeal is that now you can buy a product which could later, through modification by the manufacturer/distributor, be changed into a different product after sale.

Regardless of your views of Sony and OtherOS; that above is worthy of contemplation as other companies plot more ways to bend the rules in their favour based on this ruling.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Loudly advertise a significant feature likely to sway your buying decision? Hardly. They didn't loudly advertise OtherOS, in fact I don't think they even bothered to advertise it at all, at least not in any form of main stream media. In fact, they didn't even include a mention of OtherOS on the box. 99% of people buying a PS3 likely never even knew OtherOS existed, and it certainly wasn't swaying their buying decisions. I don't think anyone was torn between buying a PS3 or an Xbox360, but decided to go with the PS3 just because of OtherOS. It wasn't a significant feature, it wasn't loudly advertise(it wasn't advertised at all actually), and it didn't sway anyones buying decisions.

There obviously are a select few instances where OtherOS was the reason for buying the console, mainly using it exclusively for the Linux aspect to use the PS3 in a cluster. In which case, those users simply don't update the firmware on the PS3. In fact they probably never even boot into the PS3 interface.

Ok, I'll put my hand up and say that I've not had personal experience of their PS3 marketing, because I've never paid much attention to it. However, from what I understand, they did push the feature. Regardless, I'll bet it was listed on the box. ;)

Heck, wouldn't it be ironic if I changed my username to OtherOS in support of Ventura? :laugh: No W1zz, don't do it!

Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Keyboard Yes

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
I'm surprised the judge threw out the misleading advertising claim. Yes, Sony's agreement says they can remove services and features but to remove an adevertised service or feature is to remove a promise made in past advertising. This is disappointing.

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
i agree with that. once people wake from their zombie purchasing state then this behavior by the manufacturers/retailers will end. ...

remember, companies survive on profits which means they survive on you and me. we make the demands and sony and others follow with the supply. they create products to compete for our dollar. as a society we have been getting lazy with our money and just throw it anyone who promises us a few fun hours. pretty god d%mned pathetic if you ask me.

it's nothing new. this has been the way of the world since we began social constructs - it will not change. there are not enough people that even see the argument, and of those that see so few care - and of those that care so few are willing to do anything.

it's easy to sit back and point out the problem, but your solution isn't feasible. if your answer is for the people to band together and fight back through their purchases, to send a message: you're wrong. not saying that is not the ideal solution, just saying it is impossible and will never happen. i don't have the solution, but every time i read that you can fight back with your purchases i cringe. there are billions of consumers, you will never make a dent.

edit: i'm not advocating AGAINST smart purchasing. of course you should care what practices the companies' you buy from employ... it's personally & socially responsible, you just won't make a difference. :)

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
it's nothing new. this has been the way of the world since we began social constructs - it will not change. there are not enough people that even see the argument, and of those that see so few care - and of those that care so few are willing to do anything.

it's easy to sit back and point out the problem, but your solution isn't feasible. if your answer is for the people to band together and fight back through their purchases, to send a message: you're wrong. not saying that is not the ideal solution, just saying it is impossible and will never happen. i don't have the solution, but every time i read that you can fight back with your purchases i cringe. there are billions of consumers, you will never make a dent.

so then we have a case of a small minority of sony users who care and the rest don't care. why should sony bend to the whims of a small minority putting its business model in jeopardy. this same example can be extrapolated out to any manufacturer/consumer relationship. obviously most people don't care so the minority doesn't have legal power to stand on.

Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
so then we have a case of a small minority of sony users who care and the rest don't care. why should sony bend to the whims of a small minority putting its business model in jeopardy. this same example can be extrapolated out to any manufacturer/consumer relationship. obviously most people don't care so the minority doesn't have legal power to stand on.

no disagreement here. it's cold and hard but the truth as i see it. there are things that can band together enough support, like wrongful death or health implications, racism, etc. but removing linux from PS3 is something that simply will never have enough support.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
no disagreement here. it's cold and hard but the truth as i see it. there are things that can band together enough support, like wrongful death or health implications, racism, etc. but removing linux from PS3 is something that simply will never have enough support.

exactly, which is why sony removed otherOS. they knew they would only piss off a small sect of users. now if they removed blu-ray player ability because they found it to be a security risk then people who go insane and there would be all sorts of legal trouble.

System Name The one under the desk / Media Centre
Processor Xeon X3730@3.6GHZ / Phenom II X4 805E
Motherboard Gigabyte P55M-UD4 / Asus Crosshair III
Cooling Corsair H70 + 2*PWM fan / Arctic Alpine 11
Memory 16GB DRR3-1333 9-9-9-27 / 4GB Crucial DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) Asus DirectCU GTX 680 / Gigabyte 560TI
Storage Kingston V200 128GB, WD6400AAKS, 1TB Seagate 7.2kRPM SSHD / Kingston V200 128GB
Display(s) Samsung 2343BW + Dell Ultrasharp 1600*1200 / 32" TV
Case C'M' Silencio 550 / Some ancient SilverStone brushed aluminium media centre
Audio Device(s) No.
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675W / EVGA 430W
Mouse Mionix Naos 3200 / Generic PS2
Keyboard Roccat Ryos TKL Pro / Evoluent Mouse Friendly Keyboard (Logitech OEM)
Software Windows 7 Ult x64
Benchmark Scores Nah.
next time, read the EULA. stop screwing yourself over.

you people amaze me. take some personal responsibility for the purchases you make for once in your life.

if enough people read the EULA and understood what sony could possibly do then less people would buy sony and they would have to change their terms.

As the escapist points out, the extent to which Sony's actions are covered by their EULA is debatable.

More to the point, expecting people to foresee and factor into their purchase decisions outcomes like this from that EULA is more than a little unrealistic - you can't expect the man on the street, especially the young teens this console is partly aimed at, to have that kind of imagination or analytical ability.

And more to the point still, this behaviour, even if it is legal, is unethical. The law is a terrible measure of what's right and wrong.

Who are you, anyway? I've seen you a few times recently posting similar points - are you a corporate lawyer or something? I don't see how anyone (even Sony if they were honest) could really side with Sony here and say they did nothing morally wrong. And if they need to behave in such a matter to preserve their business model, maybe their business model is wrong too, and if so they should take responsibility for that rather than having some of their users pay the price. As it happens, I don't think that other OS support was seriously jeopardising their business model - at least not as much as the results of dropping it are.

Reactions: w3b
Processor Core i5 3570K
Motherboard AsRock z77 Pro4
Cooling Zalman CNPS10X Extreme
Memory 2x4GB GSkill Sniper
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970 Gaming
Storage 240GB OCZ ARC 100, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Display(s) LG 23" 1920x1080
Case Antec P100
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec Edge 750W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64
What would give Sony incentive to remove any major features from the PS3?, OtherOS was a very small thing and does not detract from what the system was created for.

OtherOS was a good addition, but nothing more.

Agreed. I also don't understand why so many around here are calling that a "major selling point." The majority of PS3 owners want to play games, watch movies, and maybe occasionally browse the net on their PS3. "Oh noes I can't run Linux on mah PS3!" I'm sure the 1% that care won't affect Sony's pocketbook much, and that most users never even knew OtherOS existed.

The Nancy Grace of TPU strikes again.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Memory GSkill 8GB Dual Channel DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) MSI GamingX RX580 4GB
Storage Kingston V300 240GB SSD + WD Green 2TB
Display(s) ACER K212HL 27" + Haier 55" + Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset
Case Enermax Ostrog (Red)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA B2 750W
Software Win10 64bit
Two things:
1. Cheers to Anthony Ventura for trying. I wonder if he is related to Ace?
2. I'm glad Sony is losing money year after year.

I don't understand the title. Are you trying to say that while there is still 1 Sony, 0 Customers remain?

If so, you may be overreacting to this news.

The law is a terrible measure of what's right and wrong.
my new quote

Who are you, anyway? I've seen you a few times recently posting similar points - are you a corporate lawyer or something? I don't see how anyone (even Sony if they were honest) could really side with Sony here and say they did nothing morally wrong.

and just who are you? ;)

Rhino is definitely not siding with Sony, he is just pointing out the side of the argument that most whining tweens miss, and is a very important side to recognize. don't take his explanations of their actions as justification or acceptance.

I don't understand the title.
the title is simple. i don't understand the joke?

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Ok, I'll put my hand up and say that I've not had personal experience of their PS3 marketing, because I've never paid much attention to it. However, from what I understand, they did push the feature. Regardless, I'll bet it was listed on the box. ;)

Heck, wouldn't it be ironic if I changed my username to OtherOS in support of Ventura? :laugh: No W1zz, don't do it!

No, they really didn't push the feature at all. It wasn't mentioned in any of their mainstream media marketting. Not in TV/Audio ads and not in print ads.

And no, it isn't listed anywhere on the box. I'll have to check for sure, but I'm pretty sure it isn't even mentioned in the manual for the PS3.

I'm surprised the judge threw out the misleading advertising claim. Yes, Sony's agreement says they can remove services and features but to remove an adevertised service or feature is to remove a promise made in past advertising. This is disappointing.

That is the issue, sony never really advertised it. It was a feature the console had, and people talked about it, but Sony themselves never advertised it. It isn't really misleading advertising if none of your advertising talks about OtherOS.

Last edited:
System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
No, they really didn't push the feature at all. It wasn't mentioned in any of their mainstream media marketting. Not in TV/Audio ads and not in print ads.

And no, it isn't listed anywhere on the box. I'll have to check for sure, but I'm pretty sure it isn't even mentioned in the manual for the PS3.

That is the issue, sony never really advertised it. It was a feature the console had, and people talked about it, but Sony themselves never advertised it. It isn't really misleading advertising if none of your advertising talks about OtherOS.

Well they advertise that it Only does Everything.

Clearly it does not.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600

3volvedcombat

System Name My Computer
Processor Core 2 Q9550 4Ghz 1.23volts
Motherboard Gigabyte
Cooling Corsair
Memory OCZ
Video Card(s) Galaxy
Storage Western Digital
Display(s) Acer
Case Lian li
Audio Device(s) Asus
Power Supply Corsiar
Software Microsoft
Benchmark Scores 25,000 3dmark06 at 4.35Ghz processor, 835core card!
next time, read the EULA. stop screwing yourself over.

you people amaze me. take some personal responsibility for the purchases you make for once in your life.

if enough people read the EULA and understood what sony could possibly do then less people would buy sony and they would have to change their terms.
+1

Frankly, I consider Sony like a Walled Garden of its own, Never going to despise a Console.

Frankly you guys really do bitch a lot but I accept all your opinions. Other-OS is something I can see viable to part of the Play-station Community, but it never was and never will be what Sony did want for there PS3 system, and its pretty obvious. It is just one feature withheld from there console platform.

I bet there will be no "Other-OS" features in there future consoles "PS4" - "PS5".

I believe they do this to stay into agreement with there other escapades like the recent Limited download option viable in the Play Station Store.

Regardless, I still accept consoles, Consoles were meant to Play Video games, Movies, and be Entertainment. At affordable Price tags.

To be honest though, A lot of TPU's opinions that are sided negative go to anything that is blocked by a corporation (Apple,Sony,Microsoft, ect ect..)

I was going to mention that also, No true marketing about it, And I am sure they never really had mind to want it.

It is wrong to take a side feature away without consent, but Sony is just throwing there balls around to let people know what they will get in the future so they do not make wrong decisions.

----------
If it has the word Console on it, Someone should be aware and grown up enough to realize, Its a Console, Treat it like a Console.
If someone says I despise Consoles, That means you despise entertainment and video games at a affordable price, that drives a lot of the technological industry in the first place.
So say by by to your wallets.

Being this is TPU though, we all love to spend unnecessary amounts of cash to our OWN standards for Desktop Computers for enjoyment/hobby/entertainment. And they obviously add more freedom.

Sony is also quite foreign, so their motives are justified by the way they are(slight differences in decisions) Which should also be taken into account when purchasing a PS3.

I do despise Microsoft's Xbox 360, because in its early bird years Failure rates for the consoles itself was 50-60%. Now that is just a JAW DROPPER, and they should have stopped and rethink-ed there plan with production the second these things were happening. That is worse then anything else you really hear, and they do not get shit for it. (They just accepted and extended warrentys) Which is still a negative to have been replacing an RROD 360 in the first place, ITS A HASSLE. People still stuck to it like hotcakes.

the PS3 works, and will always work for its main purpose, entertainment.

Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes

So it was a completely undocumented feature?! It simply showed up on a menu somewhere? If that's true it would make a significant difference in their favour I have to say. However, from the various articles I've read about it and this lawsuit judgement that was delivered, it seems it was documented. It would be interesting to confirm or deny this important point - perhaps different manufacturing runs of PS3 had different documentation that went with them, some documenting the feature and some not?

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
That might not be the best idea, who knows what they will change/remove next...

Sounds like they can rip out a feature at any time. I'll play it safe and continue to hold off on a purchase for awhile longer. Have been holding off since 2006, what's a few more years? ;) Perhaps after the PS4 is out. At that point the features and abilities of the PS3 should be "set" and the likelihood of negative changes low.

System Name The one under the desk / Media Centre
Processor Xeon X3730@3.6GHZ / Phenom II X4 805E
Motherboard Gigabyte P55M-UD4 / Asus Crosshair III
Cooling Corsair H70 + 2*PWM fan / Arctic Alpine 11
Memory 16GB DRR3-1333 9-9-9-27 / 4GB Crucial DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) Asus DirectCU GTX 680 / Gigabyte 560TI
Storage Kingston V200 128GB, WD6400AAKS, 1TB Seagate 7.2kRPM SSHD / Kingston V200 128GB
Display(s) Samsung 2343BW + Dell Ultrasharp 1600*1200 / 32" TV
Case C'M' Silencio 550 / Some ancient SilverStone brushed aluminium media centre
Audio Device(s) No.
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675W / EVGA 430W
Mouse Mionix Naos 3200 / Generic PS2
Keyboard Roccat Ryos TKL Pro / Evoluent Mouse Friendly Keyboard (Logitech OEM)
Software Windows 7 Ult x64
Benchmark Scores Nah.
and just who are you? ;)

Rhino is definitely not siding with Sony, he is just pointing out the side of the argument that most whining tweens miss, and is a very important side to recognize. don't take his explanations of their actions as justification or acceptance.

If he's knowingly acting as a devil's advocate, then he could flag that better.

Who am I? Fair question I suppose, even if asked tongue in cheek. I'm a student. I don't own a current generation console. I also don't own a smartphone of any kind, or a portable media player of any kind, or a tablet or indeed any other computing devices other than two desktops, a scientific calculator and a Nokia brick. So one the one hand I'm a neutral observer, while on the other hand I don't have a clue what I'm on about :p

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
So it was a completely undocumented feature?! It simply showed up on a menu somewhere? If that's true it would make a significant difference in their favour I have to say. However, from the various articles I've read about it and this lawsuit judgement that was delivered, it seems it was documented. It would be interesting to confirm or deny this important point - perhaps different manufacturing runs of PS3 had different documentation that went with them, some documenting the feature and some not?

Documented? Yes. Advertised? No. It wasn't on the box and it wasn't in the manual and Sony didn't advertise it in any way. Sony provided information about it on their website, but that as more of how to use it than "look at this awesome feature". Sony did not actively advertise OtherOS. If you didn't already know about it, you would never think to look on their website for the information. It was announced in the 1.60 firmware update, and techy people like us picked up on the one line that said "Added option [Install OtherOS]", and word spread though the tech world via word of mouth. However, Sony never advertised it in any way, and didn't include any mention of it on the packaging or in the documents that came with the system.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506

while i see exactly what your saying and do agree i think you need to understand that all games , consoles, gadgets even services tend to come with the same balls copied of another co, EULA to agree or sign or to accept on purchae and allmost all of them say essentially you have the right to buy this thing ... you may use at own risk ... and after purchase DO NOT bother us as we have stole your rights... its poor how our rights are allowed to be desolved by an ineffective democratic system where companys and money are writing the script:shadedshu

are we sposed to sit in bored not playing nowt all winter(pc only for me consoles suck imho)

perhaps different manufacturing runs of PS3 had different documentation that went with them, some documenting the feature and some not?

for sure