• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realmware's BF3 Tools: BF3 Settings Editor, BF3 Borderless, and Battlelog Standalone.

tehfusion

Hi Heilandzack. I'm glad to hear you like our tools! In the next version of BF3 Borderless, we'll include an option to start it minimised. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be so easy to have it start up automatically when Origin or Battlefield 3 starts, but we'll look into it.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

tehfusion

Realmware BF3 Settings Editor 2.3

I am pleased to announce that we are now releasing version 2.3 of our BF3 Settings Editor! This release contains many new features, as well as some important bug fixes. We now have a fix for the jet brake, as well as support for themes and translations!

Changelog

Here is the full list of changes for this version:

Features:
  • Added support for some of the "PROF_SAVE_body" file settings:
    • Subtitles.
    • Hint system.
    • Reload hint.
    • Allow PunkBuster.
    • Aim assist.
    • Network smoothing factor.
    • Animation quality.
    • Physics quality.
  • Added support for the following console settings:
    • DirectX 11.
    • DX Deferred CS Path.
    • Shadowmap resolution.
  • Added program translation support, with the following languages:
    • English (United Kingdom).
    • English (United States).
    • Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan).
  • Added program theme support, with the following themes included:
    • Standard.
    • Dark.
  • Added a toggleable fix for freelook, which removes the need for using the "Freelook (Hold)" button.
  • Added a fix for the jet brake, where you can separately bind the Light Brake, Hover, and Heavy Brake / Hover controls for jets, without Light Brake staying bound to S.
  • Added a "Fixes" section, where you can read about the included fixes and workarounds for various BF3 problems, including the following fixes:
    • Commo Rose fix.
    • Freelook fix.
    • Jet brake fix.
    • Invert look and flight fix.
    • MAV controls fix.
Fixes:
  • Fixed the mouse axis directions which were the wrong way around.
  • Fixed a bug where rebinding a control to the same axis it was already bound to, but with a different direction, would not be handled properly.
Improvements:
  • When binding an axis to a paired control, you will not receive a message warning you if the paired control is already bound to the same axis (for example, binding look up to the Y axis when look down is bound to the Y axis).
  • Removed the warning message added in version 2.1 stating that BF3 doesn't let you rebind the mouse wheel, as it now does since the R3 client patch.

Fixes section

From the changelog above, you will see that we've added a new "Fixes" section to the program, where you can see all of the included workarounds.

The Commo Rose fix was already included in version 2.2, but it wasn't particularly obvious that it was there. Now, in version 2.3, you can clearly see whether the Commo Rose fix is enabled, and you can toggle it on or off as you please.

The jet brake fix is new to version 2.3, and requires some explanation. There are three jet brake controls, which we like to call Light Brake, Hover, and Heavy Brake / Hover.
  • The "Light Brake" control is hidden from the in-game menu and is always bound to the S key. When held, the jet will brake lightly and slow to roughly 200 on the speedometer, and even the F-35 will maintain flight without entering hover mode.
  • The "Hover" control is the only one accessible from the in-game menu, and therefore the only one that you can normally change. The game menu mistakenly calls it "Throttle Down". When held, the F-35 will brake heavily and reduce its speed until it enters hover mode; this control has absolutely no effect in any other type of jet.
  • The "Heavy Brake / Hover" control is hidden from the in-game menu, but is completely unbound by default. When held, most jets will brake heavily and slow to roughly 100 on the speedometer; the F-35 will slow even more until it enters hover mode. This means that it has exactly the same effect as the "Hover" control when in the F-35, but it has the added bonus of functioning as a heavy brake in all other jets.
You may have seen some people posting a workaround that involves adding "GstKeyBinding.heli.ConceptMoveFB" lines to the settings file. This is only a partial fix, as it adds the "Heavy Brake / Hover" control but leaves the "Light Brake" control still bound to S. BF3 Settings Editor 2.3 gives you the full fix.

Translations

I'd like to give a special thanks to Jeremy Wong for providing the Chinese translation that is included with version 2.3. The application will default to the same language as your computer, or to English (United Kingdom) if it hasn't yet been translated into that language. If you want to contribute by translating BF3 Settings Editor into another language, then please contact us! In particular, we would like a German translation, as we have had a very high number of downloads from Germany.

Screenshots

Below are some screenshots of version 2.3. You can see the usual Standard theme as well as the new Dark theme that we've added.

Download

You can download version 2.3 from our downloads page. I'll also attach it to the original post in this thread. Please try it out and give us your feedback. We'll continue to support this program with updates, along with our other tools. Please report any bugs that you find to us, and we'll do our best to fix them quickly.

BF3 Settings Editor and our other tools have been developed by Insanecrimsontid and myself entirely in our spare time, and we have invested a great many hours into them. If you like them, we'd appreciate a small donation; just check the sidebar on our website if you're interested.

Thanks, and enjoy!

hlxbravo

System Name Home Build
Processor Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z68xp - ud3
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 pro
Memory 8 gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz
Video Card(s) HIS ATI Radeon HD 6950 IceQ X Turbo 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-E
Storage 750 gb Spinpoint / 500 gb WD
Display(s) Samsung SM2233RZ 22" 120Hz 3D Widescreen LCD / 58" Samsung when the wife's out !
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750W V2 High Performance '80 Plus Bronze'
Software 64 bit Win 7 Ultimate
Thanks for updating this, will be downloading the update as soon as I get home from work....great job.

krackenzap

I'm really interested in this tool! I'v been waiting to buy BF3 for many reasons and limited options was one of them. My two main questions for this tool are:
1. Does the "Dialogue volume" option really work? Can you disable all dialogue in the game with this?
2. Will punkbuster pick this up as a cheat?

Please get back to me as soon as possible. Thank you!!

krackenzap.

bogie

Nice tool, can you put up some explanations on the "freelook fix" please?

How will you reset freelook to straight ahead view?

Another thing that bugs me about BF3 is when you are in a high resolution 2560x1440 the mini-map is tiny. Is there any way to set the map to enlarged and zoomed in by default, so every time I spawn I don't have to press M and N?

tehfusion

Hello again, everyone.

Check out our newly redesigned website! We've improved the look and feel of the website, and we've also added a few new pages. We now have FAQ pages for each of our tools, so be sure to check there first if you run into any problems.

You can also see our recent tweets on the front page. Please follow us on Twitter for the latest news about our BF3 tools, as well as interesting tools made by other people. Of course, we'll still post news of any updates in this thread. :)

We've been working hard preparing for updates to BF3 Settings Editor and Battlelog Standalone, so expect new versions of those soon. You may see kit loadouts supported very soon!

1. Does the "Dialogue volume" option really work? Can you disable all dialogue in the game with this?
I already answered this via PM, but in case anyone else wants to know, the answer is not so clear. The dialogue volume setting was found in the default settings file; in my experiments, I have unfortunately not noticed any effect from it, but it is possible that it does something, somewhere. It is also possible that DICE may use it differently in future versions of Battlefield 3. The setting is included in the current version of BF3 Settings Editor mainly for the community to experiment with.

2. Will punkbuster pick this up as a cheat?
No, it absolutely will not. Please see our new FAQ page for the details:
BF3 Settings Editor - FAQ said:
Will this get me kicked or banned by PunkBuster?
No. BF3 Settings Editor is entirely safe — you will not get into any trouble with PunkBuster. BF3 Settings Editor only modifies your Battlefield 3 settings files; it does not touch the core game files in any way, nor does it make any modifications to the running game. There are many players using this tool, and none of them have reported any issues with PunkBuster.

Nice tool, can you put up some explanations on the "freelook fix" please?
BF3 Settings Editor contains plenty of help information. If you hover your mouse over any of the settings in the program, a tooltip will appear explaining what it does. The fixes section of the program gives a very detailed explanation of what each of the fixes does. :) To answer your question, it lets you use freelook in jets or helicopters without having to hold the "Freelook (Hold)" button. This is mainly for people using joysticks with PoV hat switches, as players usually like to just press directions on the PoV hat switch to look around. It's an optional fix, which you can either enable or disable.

How will you reset freelook to straight ahead view?
Just release any of the freelook direction buttons, and you will exit freelook mode.

Another thing that bugs me about BF3 is when you are in a high resolution 2560x1440 the mini-map is tiny. Is there any way to set the map to enlarged and zoomed in by default, so every time I spawn I don't have to press M and N?
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem possible to change by modifying the settings files. It is possible that it could be done by modifying the core game files, but that would be entering more dangerous territory.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Whats the difference between this and this? (excluding the borderless thing)

tehfusion

Whats the difference between this and this? (excluding the borderless thing)
Realmware's BF3 Settings Editor and Mindweaver's BF3 Config Utility both attempt to do the same thing, but there are some differences in what can be achieved with each. I just downloaded BF3 Config Utility v1.8.0.1 to closely compare against BF3 Settings Editor 2.3 for you. I'm hesitant to make comparisons between the two programs as I don't want to cause any offence, but since you asked, here are the differences as I see them.

Realmware's BF3 Settings Editor has the following exclusive features:
  • Full support for setting key bindings, including the gunner and MAV controls. Just select a control and press the desired button on your keyboard, mouse, or joystick to set that control. You can even clear all of your key bindings at the click of a button.
  • We have discovered several fixes that can be applied as workarounds for some painful game bugs:
    • Commo Rose fix - Removes the hard-coded bind which keeps Spot / Commo Rose on the Q key.
    • Freelook fix - Use freelook in helicopters or jets without needing to press "Freelook (Hold)". This is great for using PoV hat switches on joysticks.
    • Jet brake fix - Removes the hard-coded bind which keeps Light Brake on the S key, and also exposes a hidden Heavy Brake control.
  • We have support for multiple languages. Currently BF3 Settings Editor supports English (UK), English (US), and Chinese, but we have people currently working on Spanish, Russian, and Estonian translations.
  • We have support for multiple themes. Currently BF3 Settings Editor includes a Standard theme and a Dark theme.
  • BF3 Settings Editor includes a great deal of help information to explain what each and every setting does.
  • BF3 Settings Editor automatically creates a backup of your settings for you on the first run.
  • BF3 Settings Editor includes a button to reload your settings, in case you make a mistake while modifying them, or if you have modified your settings from outside the program.
  • BF3 Settings Editor supports the following extra game settings:
    • Master volume.
    • Car radio.
    • Invert tank look.
    • Invert helicopter flight.
    • Invert jet flight.
    • Refresh rate.
    • Fullscreen monitor.
    • Stereo 3D.
    • Stereo 3D depth.
    • Colour-blind support.
    • Motion blur amount.
    • Screen HUD width.
    • Screen HUD height.
    • Subtitles.
    • Hint system.
    • Reload hint.
    • Allow PunkBuster.
    • Aim assist.
    • Network smoothing factor.
    • Animation quality.
    • Physics quality.
  • BF3 Settings Editor supports the following extra console commands:
    • Maximum FPS.
    • DX deferred CS path.
    • Shadowmap resolution.
    • Screenshot format.
    • Draw user interface.
    • Draw screen information.
  • BF3 Settings Editor has some customisable options:
    • Choose whether to have your settings automatically saved when you exit the program, or whether the program should ask you whether or not to save them.
    • Choose whether to have BF3 Settings Editor alert you when the key you are binding is already bound to another control.
    • Choose whether to minimise to the taskbar or the system tray.
    • Choose whether to always show the system tray icon or not.

Mindweaver's BF3 Config Utility has the following exclusive features:
  • BF3 Config Utility includes a button to launch the game.
  • BF3 Config Utility includes links to download the latest AMD and NVIDIA graphics card drivers.
  • BF3 Config Utility includes a link to download the latest PunkBuster files.
  • BF3 Config Utility includes a link to the Battlefield 3 Clubhouse on TechPowerUp!
  • BF3 Config Utility includes a text editor to allow you to manually edit your settings file like you would in Notepad.
  • BF3 Config Utility supports the following extra console commands (but as far as I know, these do the same as the matching graphics settings):
    • Enable FXAA.
    • Enable dynamic ambient occlusion.
    • Enable motion blur.
    • Enable VSync.

Of course, I am not very familiar with his utility, so it is possible that I missed some features of it. If so, I apologise — you may want to double check with Mindweaver. He appears to have key bindings support coming soon to a future version.

If you are interested in both of our tools, then I suggest you simply download them both and see which you like best. You could even use both of them!

bogie

Thanks, I have both tools and they are both great. Thanks to both of you for putting the time and effort in to make them.

The commorose bug fix has been especially appreciated as DICE are too lazy to fix such a basic and frustratingly annoying error!

I also hope that you and mindweaver will continue to upgrade your app/tools as and when DICE push patches out.

:)

tehfusion

Realmware BF3 Borderless 1.2

I am pleased to announce that we are now releasing version 1.2 of our BF3 Borderless tool! That's right: we haven't forgotten about our other tools. ;)

Here is the full list of changes for this version.

Features:
  • Added an option to disable Aero while playing — this can significantly improve the game's performance and reduce stuttering.
  • Added an option to have BF3 Borderless start minimised.
  • Added an explanation for why the game might be undetected.
  • Added tooltips to explain what each function does.
Fixes:
  • Fixed window appearing in Alt+Tab menu while minimised to tray.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur while detecting game.
  • Fixed bug where error log would not be written after a crash.
  • Fixed bug where "About" window could be opened multiple times.
  • Fixed bug where window position would not be properly restored.
Improvements:
  • Significantly improved performance while detecting the game.
  • Improved the rendering of text when ClearType is disabled.

You can download version 1.2 from our downloads page. I'll also attach it to the original post in this thread. Please try it out and give us your feedback. We'll continue to support this program with updates, along with our other tools. Please report any bugs that you find to us, and we'll do our best to fix them quickly.

BF3 Borderless and our other tools have been developed by Insanecrimsontid and myself entirely in our spare time, and we have invested a great many hours into them. If you like them, we'd appreciate a small donation; just check the sidebar on our website if you're interested.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Would it be possible to add an option to borderless to start it minimized?
This is now included in version 1.2. :)

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
The problem with BF3 is "negate" bindings. Specifically, it negates stuff that makes absolutely no sense to negate like flight roll and yaw. It'd be great if you could add a checkbox or something to enable/disable negate on all the bindings where an axis is used.

tehfusion

Hello, FordGT90Concept. By "negate" bindings, do you mean that Battlefield 3 gets your axes the wrong way round?

As far as I'm aware, Battlefield 3 uses the actual direction of the axis that you press. For example, if you move your stick left while binding roll left, then roll left should be bound to left on the stick and roll right should be bound to right on the stick — if you move your stick to the right while binding roll left, then it will be reversed. Has this not been your experience?

BF3 Settings Editor should work in the same way as described above. If you find that Battlefield 3 doesn't work properly, then perhaps you could try the latest version of BF3 Settings Editor and let us know if that works as you expect? :)

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.

redmyst

Help!
I had an old version of the BF3 Settings Editor and used it in November 2011. I somehow deleted it, meaning I am not sure I used the unistall option...ya I know..anyway now when I try to load it down it gives me a halt during the install process stating I have an older version of the BF3 Editor and it needs to be removed before I can install this new one. I have serached hi and low for anything on my computer from realmware and cannot find any entries so am admiting to being stumped and need help.

Please advise,

Redmyst

Processor i7 3930K 3.2 stock @ ~4.0
Motherboard Asus P9x79 DELUXE
Cooling Phanteks CPU cooler
Memory 6 x 4 Gb Kingston HyperX RAM triple channel 24GB total
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 G1 4GB x2 SLI
Storage 1 ADATA 512Gb (primary OS) 2 X 64GB Agility 2 SSD in RAID0
Display(s) Benq XL2420T, 24" LED Gaming Monitor
Case Corsair Obsidian 800D
Audio Device(s) Onboard 5.1
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Power 1000W
Software Win 8.1 Enterprise x64
Benchmark Scores They're good!!!
Will it work with the new patch?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if BF3 settings Editor will work for the latest patch that just came out March 28, 2012

Last edited: