• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Announces New Line of Solid-State Cache Drives

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the Accelerator Series solid-state cache drives.

The Accelerator Series is designed for desktop PC users who want to give their Microsoft Windows based PC a dramatic performance boost with minimal cost and hassle. Corsair's new line of SSD cache drives includes premium caching software from NVELO, for improved boot times and lightning-quick file access. After connecting an Accelerator Series SSD cache drive to their computer's SATA port and installing the caching software provided with the drive, users will see an immediate speed boost. No drive mapping, no reinstallation of the operating system or applications, and no complex file management is needed - the Accelerator Series SSD cache drive works in tandem with the customer's existing hard drive to provide optimized performance. Customers may see an improvement in file read/write speeds of up to 5x their current hard drive performance after installing a Corsair Accelerator Series SSD cache drive.

"Our new Accelerator Series SSD cache drives have compelling price points and provide one of the most economical solutions for a quick system performance boost that doesn't require manual drive reconfiguration," said Thi La, Vice President of Memory Products at Corsair. "It's ideal for consumers and enthusiasts who'd like to improve their PC's speed without investing the time and cost into a complete PC upgrade. There's no complex configuration involved, and their PC will work as it always has - just a lot quicker."

Accelerator Series solid-state cache drives support Windows 7, with Windows 8 support planned, and are compatible with PCs with SATA 2 or SATA 3 ports.

Accelerator Series solid-state cache drives are backed by a three-year warranty and are expected to be available in February from Corsair's worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors at a US suggested retail price of $99 USD for the 60GB model, $84 USD for the 45GB model, and $69 USD for the 30GB model. For more information about the products, visit this page. For performance data, visit this page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name mine
Processor 2600k@5.2ghz 1.41 vcore
Motherboard asrock z77 OC Formula
Cooling pa120.3, apogee HD, mcp655 pump
Memory 16gigs ddr3 1600mhz sammy's @ 1886
Video Card(s) evga gtx470 under water on a seperate loop
Storage Crucial M4 128gig SSD
Display(s) HP 2511x 25inch led
Case none ATM
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750watt seasonic x-1250watt(dead)
Software win 8 pro 64bit
this is looking interesting. been thinking about getting a cache drive to use with my z68. this seems good.

SSD's just have too much of a price premium still. i run 3x74gig raptors in raid, and the 209gigs of formatted space is just barely enough. 2x128gig ssd's are like $400 which is out of my price range.

i had thought about picking up 2x64gig ssd's and raiding them. putting windows and most important data in the 128gigs, then keeping my raptors for my lesser used games. my raptors are very close to single ssd speeds from 1 or 2 gen old ssd's.

imitation

Processor Intel i3-2120
Motherboard ASUS P8H77-V LE
Cooling CPU: AQ Cuplex Kryos Delrin /// GPU: Custom water /// Inno HPPS+ /// 2x 240 Rad /// Noiseblocker PWM
Memory 8G Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) XFX HD5870 @ 1G/1.25G
Storage Samsung 830 128G + some HDDs
Display(s) LG W2242T + Benq W700+
Case Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced USB3
Power Supply beQuiet Pure Power L7 430W
Software W7U64
this is looking interesting. been thinking about getting a cache drive to use with my z68. this seems good.

You do know that you can use any SSD for caching on your Z68? Special "cache" SSDs are meant for using them on any other chipset that doesn't natively offer caching.

I'm in fact eyeing on the 30GB version, since this makes the Corsair the cheapest cache for my AMD 780G chip.