• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Foxconn Mass Suicide Threats

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Trickson, I think Steevo summed mit up best: speak with your wallet.

I agree, sending jobs OS has been the mainstay of gov't policy for some time and the results in AUS are as severe as in the US I imagine.

I am not saying live in a wood cabin with logs cut from a stone axe, but that is where people always go with this type of discussion. I love modern living, the access to modern medicine and information that is unparrelled in human history etc. These things are great.

But some things are wrong, and when we see that they are wrong we can look for other answers. I just bought an AUS made gas heater, it cost more and there was only one model, but it supports industry at home with apprenticeshiops and trade skills. The carpet in our house is dyed without harmful pigments and milled here in AUS, and again costs more.

I don't live with earthen floors and no heating, for f@$ks, sake, who would choose that.

As to Mailman and Solaris, what is your point guys, you have been happy taking the piss out of my point, but what is yours.
Are you happy to support jobs going overseas, is that funny?
Is it ok for murder and rape to be byproducts of our consumerism as long as we are not reminded of it?
Is being thoughtful wrong because we may all go back to living in caves?

Obviously you didn't make these things happen, but they are happening.
What are you suggesting.

Tye

The point cheif is that lard and diamonds arent related to PCs thei related to food products jewlery cars planes, watches. etc etc. and those are only a few. talking with your wallet might MIGHT help a LITTLE but talking with your wallet for every problem leaves you with nothing considering what other companies do. pushing this wallet nonesense gets old. You need to do ALOT more to fix the problem than that. I would appreciate it if you didnt automatically assume I found it all amusing. However I do find your solution to the problem VERY amusing. How can YOU change the way a factory in a country works 11000 miles away? or a boat in the middle of the pacific. Or the sapphires in your watch?

bigtye

System Name ibuiltit
Processor E8500 stock for now
Motherboard Gigabyte EP45 DS4
Cooling CPU- Xigmatek Red Scorpion, 1x23cm fan, 3x12cm fan
Memory 4gb Corsair Dominator 8500
Video Card(s) Asus 5850 1gb
Storage Samsung 750gb F1, 500bg F1 for backup
Display(s) Samsung 226BW
Case Thermaltake Armour+
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Corsair 750 TX
Software xp 32 bit SP3, Win 7 64 bit
Fair points to both of you. I can only agree to disagree.

Tye

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Everything will sort itself out.

As China becomes the biggest capita-communist country in the world it relies heavily on overseas investment. More and more wealth is being created in China and more and more workers are consuming as we in the West do. Strikes have been happening across China and wages have risen. This trend will continue until the cheap labour has gone or China collapses in on itself.
And a 3rd or 2nd world country will always offer cheaper labor but as the economy of that country develops so too does it's wealth. As it's wealth increases it's wages rise, it's production costs increase and it becomes less enticing to invest in.

But hey, silver lining, GLO FO has opened it's new plant in NY and Germany produces fantastic everything (except military leaders). As for Nike, yeah..... Air Max 90 made in China. My best trainers ever.

Processor i7 2600k@4.6ghz
Motherboard MSI z68ma-ed55
Cooling Silentx Extreem 120mm
Memory 2x4gb XMS 7-8-7-20 1600
Video Card(s) HD6870
Storage 2x128gb Kingston Hyper-X (Raid0), 2x750gb RE3 (RAID1), 2x750gb RE3 (RAID1)
Display(s) Soyo 24", Gateway 22"
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini 6x120mm fans.
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Zalman 750w
Software Windows 7
So people working in China want to die because they work to hard and people in America want to die because they can't find a job to pay their bills because the jobs were all outsourced to China. Go figure.

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
You know what this is just pure BS ! ALL of it ! Stop the treats and do it ! Now you want to get me interested in this really interested ? Then DO IT ! Post it on youtube ! I would be far more interested in seeing 1000 Chinese taking there lives than just threatening to do it . Bunch of pussies if you ask me !

Last edited: