• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GeForce GTX 580 to Get Price-Cuts

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
It's more to piss you Grammer Effected off than anything... LOL.. + to Stop people, using translators etc..

I hate, having to repeat myself, to people, that can't understand English.. It wastes my time & money...

"When Life, Gives You Lemons.. Your Screwed.."

That's the only way, you take it.. With a strap-on.. :confused: LOL..

It doesnt piss me off at all. I just find it stupid for people to do that and it takes more time hitting shift for every word. Thats wasting time. If someone doesnt understand it because they have broken English, dont repeat yourself. Let someone else piece it together for them.

That's true... irrefutable data and spec's, but the room also has a huge gaping hole from where that "whale" went missing; like not having GK1X0 to quantify GK104 Kepler against I suppose we aren't permitted to "speculate" without spec's... we wait. :D

Yet the 78xx series despite being only two thirds the size of the 79xx series and running the same architecture nearly perform the same as the 79xx series.
my vote is on driver issues.

what would be really funny and cruel (towards nvidia fans at least, I'd be laughing for joy, ethical company fanboi I am) is if AMD released new drivers for the 79xx series right before the NDA on kepler is lifted and we saw a 20-30% boost in performance.

An AMD fanboy can hope, right?

Bias aside, we still have no solid evidence one way or another so eh. we shall see in just over a week.

NanoTechSoldier

It doesnt piss me off at all. I just find it stupid for people to do that and it takes more time hitting shift for every word. Thats wasting time. If someone doesnt understand it because they have broken English, dont repeat yourself. Let someone else piece it together for them.

It's main purpose... Is to practice using capitals in Command Prompt Moron.. You use A LOT of Capitals in Low-Level Programming...

It's not wasting time.. When i'm Programming, I can type over 80wpm.. It's only an extension of you finger & uses 3% of your brain.. Is that so hard, for you..?? :banghead:

When people, normally direct a question towards myself & PM me.. (not so much, on this site)
Plus, no-one has given a decent answer, in more than +3 pages.. What posts, are they going to try & get answers from..???

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
It's main purpose... Is to practice using capitals in Command Prompt Moron.. You use A LOT of Capitals in Low-Level Programming...

It's not wasting time.. When i'm Programming, I can type over 80wpm.. It's only an extension of you finger & uses 3% of your brain.. Is that so hard, for you..?? :banghead:

When people, normally direct a question towards myself & PM me.. (not so much, on this site)
Plus, no-one has given a decent answer, in more than +3 pages.. What posts, are they going to try & get answers from..???

Really? Now youre reduced to name calling? You didnt say a damn fucking thing about practicing using caps in low level programming. So you sir can fuck off.

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
Yet the 78xx series despite being only two thirds the size of the 79xx series and running the same architecture nearly perform the same as the 79xx series.
my vote is on driver issues.

what would be really funny and cruel (towards nvidia fans at least, I'd be laughing for joy, ethical company fanboi I am) is if AMD released new drivers for the 79xx series right before the NDA on kepler is lifted and we saw a 20-30% boost in performance.

I seriously doubt that. I think it has more to do with some kind of manufacturing issue with 28nm that causes issues in chips that size. It could also explain why GK100 disappeared. Nvidia saw their 320mm^2 chip was running great, but their 500mm^2 was running like crap and decided to work on it a little longer. I just don't see bad drivers (although with AMD it wouldn't surprise me) leading to such drastically lower than expected performance.