• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Kepler 2 GB

In the Ether...probably eating cheetos atm.
System Name Surprising Mini Duece
Processor i3-550 3.2ghz/core (nice little gamer, 98% games = dual core code only)
Motherboard ASUS P7H55M-LE
Cooling Cooler Master Vortex
Memory 8GB Patriot Signature Series 1.5v DDR3 1333Mhz w/ spreaders.
Video Card(s) Old slugger ... EVGA 8800GTS 640Mb SC edition. Soon to be retired.
Storage Segate Sata II 64mb cache 1TB single platter.. fast but chirpy lol
Display(s) 1x Asus VS247h-p 2ms LOVE IT, 1x Sceptre 22" Naga 2ms, 1x 20inch Samsung Syncmaster
Case Aerocool QX-2000 .. my latest project
Audio Device(s) Onboard HD
Power Supply Seasonic x650 Gold! Primo 105Celisius Jap cap wonder.
Software Whatever I can pirate ;) lol jk .. Windows 7 legit license
Benchmark Scores LOL I still get rock steady 57-60FPS in Skyrim on medium settings no AA on this 5 year old video car
yea man exactly, thats what was confusing me, and i tried spotting the differences but still cant put my hand on what is going on, but owell in general the 680 has an edge in gaming on single gpu, but its pretty close in my opinion
as for scaling yea i saw something like that, and it said that the inconsistent clocks on 4 different cards or so make the scaling very difficult to achieve(remember usualy sli and xfire setups clock according to the lowest card in the bunch, in this case each card clocks differently) so if thats the case im assuming future drivers might disable dynamic clocking(thats the easy solution) or find some clever way to sort it out and i know nvidia's drivers team is pretty talented and can eventually do it, but i could be wrong as i know very little about this issue other than what i read in the article I saw

They did disable dynamic (turbo) clocking I believe in that one.. wish I had the review. I have the link in my work email just can't get to it tonight. I'll re-post on monday with the review link.

System Name Little Boy / New Guy
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / Intel Core I5 10400F
Motherboard Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate / Asus H410M Prime
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 A-RGB / ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO
Memory TeamGroup Zeus 2x16GB 3200Mhz CL16 / Teamgroup 1x16GB 3000Mhz CL18
Video Card(s) Asrock Phantom RX 6800 XT 16GB / Asus RTX 3060 Ti 8GB DUAL Mini V2
Storage Patriot Viper VPN100 Nvme 1TB / OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Sata / Ultrastar 2TB / IronWolf 4TB / WD Red 8TB
Display(s) Compumax MF32C 144Hz QHD / ViewSonic OMNI 27 144Hz QHD
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400A / Montech X3 Mesh
Power Supply Aresgame 850W 80+ Gold / Aerocool 850W Plus bronze
Mouse Gigabyte Force M7 Thor
Keyboard Gigabyte Aivia K8100
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits
Lol I love these so called "fair" assessments ... they will over clock the 7970 to make it fair with the GTX 680 yet fail to mention the 1GB advantage of the 7970 cards lol. If they wanted to make it completely "fair" just to compare clock for clock, they'd find a way to nerf the extra 1GB of ram the 7970 has lol ... I know that probably can't be done but still not exactly "fair".

I don't know what exactly are you talking about, i just read people that would like to see how the two cards compare when overclocked.
I don't think they overclock the 7970 to "make it fair", they compare it to see which one performs better over the stock clock.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
I don't know what exactly are you talking about, i just read people that would like to see how the two cards compare when overclocked.
I don't think they overclock the 7970 to "make it fair", they compare it to see which one performs better over the stock clock.

yeah they cant just overclock one card. they would have to overclock the other to the same percentage overclock for it to be fair no matter the clock number, since each card acts differently when clocked scaling wise.

In the Ether...probably eating cheetos atm.
System Name Surprising Mini Duece
Processor i3-550 3.2ghz/core (nice little gamer, 98% games = dual core code only)
Motherboard ASUS P7H55M-LE
Cooling Cooler Master Vortex
Memory 8GB Patriot Signature Series 1.5v DDR3 1333Mhz w/ spreaders.
Video Card(s) Old slugger ... EVGA 8800GTS 640Mb SC edition. Soon to be retired.
Storage Segate Sata II 64mb cache 1TB single platter.. fast but chirpy lol
Display(s) 1x Asus VS247h-p 2ms LOVE IT, 1x Sceptre 22" Naga 2ms, 1x 20inch Samsung Syncmaster
Case Aerocool QX-2000 .. my latest project
Audio Device(s) Onboard HD
Power Supply Seasonic x650 Gold! Primo 105Celisius Jap cap wonder.
Software Whatever I can pirate ;) lol jk .. Windows 7 legit license
Benchmark Scores LOL I still get rock steady 57-60FPS in Skyrim on medium settings no AA on this 5 year old video car

Yes they did.. They say in the first sentence. Direct quote > "I saw it argued in the comments that the only fair way to compare a GeForce GTX 680 to a Radeon HD 7970 is with both cards overclocked. Because the 680 employs GPU Boost, it purportedly already demonstrates performance close to its limit, whereas Tahiti-based GPUs are known to offer quite a bit of headroom. "

Again notice the word "fair" ... this is the second type review I've read and the first one said same thing but went on to further say something like "the only fair way to tell is to compair clock to clock" .. again they say this but they forget that the 7970 has 1GB more ram so what's "fair" about that ... hypocritical IMO. I'll post the other review on monday it's in my work mail.

Who cares about clock for clock if the end result is getting as much overclocking as you can in the first place. Isn't that the whold point of Overclocking?... to see just how high you can raise the ceiling and how much you can push out of it... The GTX 680 can raise the ceiling to @1340Mhz...and the AMD is somewhere around @1141Mhz I think. Comparing "clock to clock" in a competition where total overclocking is the goal is just another way of AMD side not admiting defeat and wanting to pick it apart and test anything in their favor, IMO. AGain I use the analogy.. so what if your honda is more efficent per cyclinder... a mustang GT will still smoke ya. lol

Last edited:
They did disable dynamic (turbo) clocking I believe in that one.. wish I had the review. I have the link in my work email just can't get to it tonight. I'll re-post on monday with the review link.

are you sure, I think at this point that's not possible, I think wizz even mentions it when over locking and sais even when u overclock u pretty much raise the boast ceiling rather than staying on that frequency, tho I still don't know much about gpu boast,to me it sounds decieving in theory, when I first Thor about it I figured it would give out inconsistent fps, giving you crapload fps on easy to render and scenes that are light on the gpu, but then when the gpu is stressed you get to a limitation, so overall increasing average fps but the experience pretty much remains the same, tho NVIDIA kept the boast minimal I'm assuming to avoid this issue, however if that boast was lik 25% increase in clock just think how inconsistent fps will be, idk if I'm totally looking at this the wrong way, but I'm assuming this is why Keller doesn't seem to scale as much as Tahiti in overclocking

Video Card(s) Asrock Phantom RX 6800 XT 16GB / Asus RTX 3060 Ti 8GB DUAL Mini V2
Storage Patriot Viper VPN100 Nvme 1TB / OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Sata / Ultrastar 2TB / IronWolf 4TB / WD Red 8TB
Yes they did.. They say in the first sentence. Direct quote > "I saw it argued in the comments that the only fair way to compare a GeForce GTX 680 to a Radeon HD 7970 is with both cards overclocked. Because the 680 employs GPU Boost, it purportedly already demonstrates performance close to its limit, whereas Tahiti-based GPUs are known to offer quite a bit of headroom. "

Again notice the word "fair" ... this is the second type review I've read and the first one said same thing but went on to further say something like "the only fair way to tell is to compair clock to clock" .. again they say this but they forget that the 7970 has 1GB more ram so what's "fair" about that ... hypocritical IMO. I'll post the other review on monday it's in my work mail.

Who cares about clock for clock if the end result is getting as much overclocking as you can in the first place. Isn't that the whold point of Overclocking?... to see just how high you can raise the ceiling and how much you can push out of it... The GTX 680 can raise the ceiling to @1340Mhz...and the AMD is somewhere around @1141Mhz I think. Comparing "clock to clock" in a competition where total overclocking is the goal is just another way of AMD side not admiting defeat and wanting to pick it apart and test anything in their favor, IMO. AGain I use the analogy.. so what if your honda is more efficent per cyclinder... a mustang GT will still smoke ya. lol

And yet another AMD vs NVIDIA thing...........

Processor Intel i5-760
Motherboard Foxconn Inferno Katana
Cooling ZALMAN 900 MAX
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB ddr-3
Video Card(s) Diamond 5970
Storage WD 1TB
Display(s) ASUS VW266H
Case Antec 902
Audio Device(s) HT OMEGA Claro Halo
Power Supply OCZ ZX Series 1000W
Software Windows 7 64 bit
AMD 5970...$299.00...Black Friday.....Still is the best deal I ever had.....ever! It'll be a while before I upgrade. BF3 at 19X12 is only 11 FPS difference between 5970 and 680. Thanks Newegg!

yeah they cant just overclock one card. they would have to overclock the other to the same percentage overclock for it to be fair no matter the clock number, since each card acts differently when clocked scaling wise.

They overclocked each card to the max they could i think.......so it is not about clocking the to to the same %, and hey i don't care about fairness, i care about seing how much each one gains from o/c and from the looks of it 7970 scales better imho.

i dont think they mean clock for clock, i think what they mean is how much performance can you squeeze out of both cards for the end user who is interested in overclocking.
im not sure on the top overclocks records but i know some people got real high overclocks with the hd7970.
of about 1180 or something, so while that is still lower than kepler, it is like 20% from stock, 1340 for kepler is also about 20% off from stock(since kepler already clocks to 1100 when needed) yet it doesnt scale well(because overclocking kepler is complex and it pretty much makes the max boast 1340 rather than making it native)
but i get what you mean tho, there is no such thing as "fair"
nvidia did a clever move to get as much power out of the envelope as possible, and they did a darn good job, not to mention how handy that will be for oems who are on a restricted thermal/power envelope for laptops and what not.
having oems and power restrictions in mind its interesting tho to see how both teams had their approach to efficiency and battery life, amd pushing for max idle time with zero power, and nvidia pushing for different power states and turbo and what not(and it makes sense since nvidia for the most part always gets paired with an intel cpu that has a integrated gpu for low power. meaning nvidia's optimus does the job for them)

EDIT: i just came across these 2 benchmarks of both cards maxed out with their clocks
my conclusion was somewhat correct, hd7970 gains more momentum when overclocked

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_gtx680/6.htm

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/powercolor_lcs_hd7970/7.htm

i specifically posted the links on the battlefield because nvidia seemed to have an edge in that game, but overclocked they match eachother, even tho nvidia is clocked at 1300 something while amd is in the 1200 range.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_gtx680/5.htm

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/powercolor_lcs_hd7970/6.htm

same thing going on with arkam city

tho i would take this with a grain of salt because im not sure how legit this website is, but what do you think?

Last edited:
System Name Jaguar X
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WiFi
Cooling Corsair H150 RGB
Memory 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC
Storage 1TB Kingston KC3000 + 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus
Display(s) LG C1
Case Cougar Panzer EVO RGB
Power Supply XPG Core Reactor 850W
Mouse Cougar Minos XT
Keyboard Cougar Ultimus RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
poeple : "if your 7970 wont drop to $400 - 450, i will give my wallet to nvidia!"

I don't know why people are asking for $100-150 price reduction when GTX 680 is just 5% faster than 7970 on average, that'd mean a price tag of $475 ($75 reduction) for AMD offering to be competitive.

Am I the only one who is not really impressed by this new card :confused:

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
i dont think they mean clock for clock, i think what they mean is how much performance can you squeeze out of both cards for the end user who is interested in overclocking.
im not sure on the top overclocks records but i know some people got real high overclocks with the hd7970.
of about 1180 or something, so while that is still lower than kepler, it is like 20% from stock, 1340 for kepler is also about 20% off from stock(since kepler already clocks to 1100 when needed) yet it doesnt scale well(because overclocking kepler is complex and it pretty much makes the max boast 1340 rather than making it native)
nvidia did a clever move to get as much power out of the envelope as possible, and they did a darn good job, not to mention how handy that will be for oems who are on a restricted thermal/power envelope for laptops and what not.
having oems and power restrictions in mind its interesting tho to see how both teams had their approach to efficiency and battery life, amd pushing for max idle time with zero power, and nvidia pushing for different power states and turbo and what not(and it makes sense since nvidia for the most part always gets paired with an intel cpu that has a integrated gpu for low power. meaning nvidia's optimus does the job for them)

EDIT: i just came across these 2 benchmarks of both cards maxed out with their clocks

i specifically posted the links on the battlefield because nvidia seemed to have an edge in that game, but overclocked they match eachother, even tho nvidia is clocked at 1300 something while amd is in the 1200 range.

tho i would take this with a grain of salt because im not sure how legit this website is, but what do you think?

did nobody see that graph ?

both cards oc'd to max

yea i saw these, but ive seen the cards getting pushed more than 16% for an hd7970, that makes it around 1050 or something for the core right? ive seen posts of people getting higher numbers and thats when i got curious. in the benchmarks ive posted they were being overvolted i believe and were pushed further
but you are correct most users will not overvolt and wont achieve the extreme overclocks i was looking at, so pretty much ur conclusion applies

what do you think about the sli scaling mentioned earlier? will you be doing a review about that by any chance? im really curious about that

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
that makes it around 1050 or something for the core right?

1080 MHz GPU. Higher was not stable in all tests

We already posted a SLI review, I won't invest more time in this. Got more cards coming this week that need my attention :)

Yeah, the same pattern can be seen here: http://vr-zone.com/articles/asus-gtx-680-2gb-overclocking-review-win-some-lose-some/15322-4.html

Scalability of the 7970 seems better.

Yeah, the same pattern can be seen here: http://vr-zone.com/articles/asus-gtx-680-2gb-overclocking-review-win-some-lose-some/15322-4.html

Scalability of the 7970 seems better.

that and it seems the early benchmarks hd7970 did real bad in battlefield, like 30% slower than kepler, but here its only like 10fps away at 78 vs 89
but yea it seems the battle in this round is closer than ever, now lets see the prices go down!

and im curious on how the 670 and 660 will stack up against the 7800 series, considering the 7800 series being way more efficient than tahiti.

System Name Rigger
Processor i7 6700k
Motherboard MSI Z170 M5
Cooling CM SEIDON 240mm
Memory 16GB 3200
Video Card(s) 2x EVGA GTX 970 SSC
Storage 4TB WD Black/512 GB M2 SSD
Display(s) Acer M230HD
Case CM Storm Stryker
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply OCZ Fatality 850
Software WIN 10
think of it in quad SLI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

System Name Uh, my build?
Processor Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz (3.9GHz turbo)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H (F8 BIOS)
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo
Memory G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 3GB 1GHz Core/5.5GHz Memory
Storage SanDisk Extreme Pro 960GB & 2TB WD Black & 1TB WD Green
Display(s) 1x Samsung 23" Syncmaster P2350 1x LG 23"
Case Coolermaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard now since store didn't RMA properly
Power Supply Corsair HX 850W
Software Win 10 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark 11 - P8456 - http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3372758
Can someone explain wtf is with the 5970 being up there challenging the 680 with the performance and actually beating it sometimes? Not to mention the 7970 doesn't seem worthy enough over the 5970. In fact, it looks like nothing has been really worth it over the 5970 according to those graphs... What have I even been waiting for???

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
and im curious on how the 670 and 660 will stack up against the 7800 series, considering the 7800 series being way more efficient than tahiti.

The GTX680 proves Kepler is was more efficient than Tahiti as well. I expect the 670 to be around the 7950 (with maybe an elusive Ti model edging it out), 660 to be around the 7870 (just like last gen), and 650 to be below or around the 7850.

Can someone explain wtf is with the 5970 being up there challenging the 680 with the performance and actually beating it sometimes? Not to mention the 7970 doesn't seem worthy enough over the 5970. In fact, it looks like nothing has been really worth it over the 5970 according to those graphs... What have I even been waiting for???

The HD5970 is a very good dual-gpu card. There's a reason it cost a lot at launch. You'll notice more often than not the HD6990 and GTX590 beat the GTX680 as well, for the same reason. Dual-GPU cards hold their performance over a much longer period of time than true single card solutions. It's kind of the benefit of the investment.

The GTX680 proves Kepler is was more efficient than Tahiti as well. I expect the 670 to be around the 7950 (with maybe an elusive Ti model edging it out), 660 to be around the 7870 (just like last gen), and 650 to be below or around the 7850.

I just wish they return to the JUST prices, way overpriced except for the GTX680....
670 with 7950 perf and $350 pricetag anyone? :D, one can dream...

System Name Night Rider | Mini LAN PC | Workhorse
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D | Ryzen 1600X | i7 970
Motherboard MSi AM4 Pro Carbon | GA- | Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling Noctua U9S Twin Fan| Stock Cooler, Copper Core)| Big shairkan B
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 3600MHz| 2x8GB Corsair 3000 | 6x2GB DDR3 1300 Corsair
Video Card(s) MSI AMD 6750XT | 6500XT | MSI RX 580 8GB
Storage 1TB WD Black NVME / 250GB SSD /2TB WD Black | 500GB SSD WD, 2x1TB, 1x750 | WD 500 SSD/Seagate 320
Display(s) LG 27" 1440P| Samsung 20" S20C300L/DELL 15" | 22" DELL/19"DELL
Case LIAN LI PC-18 | Mini ATX Case (custom) | Atrix C4 9001
Audio Device(s) Onboard | Onbaord | Onboard
Power Supply Silverstone 850 | Silverstone Mini 450W | Corsair CX-750
Mouse Coolermaster Pro | Rapoo V900 | Gigabyte 6850X
Keyboard MAX Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Creative Fatal1ty eluminx | Some POS Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 7 Pro 64/Windows 10 Home
I just wish they return to the JUST prices, way overpriced except for the GTX680....

Ebay in 8 months time ;)

System Name Uh, my build?
Processor Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz (3.9GHz turbo)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H (F8 BIOS)
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo
Memory G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 3GB 1GHz Core/5.5GHz Memory
Storage SanDisk Extreme Pro 960GB & 2TB WD Black & 1TB WD Green
Display(s) 1x Samsung 23" Syncmaster P2350 1x LG 23"
Case Coolermaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard now since store didn't RMA properly
Power Supply Corsair HX 850W
Software Win 10 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark 11 - P8456 - http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3372758
The HD5970 is a very good dual-gpu card. There's a reason it cost a lot at launch. You'll notice more often than not the HD6990 and GTX590 beat the GTX680 as well, for the same reason. Dual-GPU cards hold their performance over a much longer period of time than true single card solutions. It's kind of the benefit of the investment.

Oh wow I forgot that it was dual gpu! I'm so used to the dual gpu being a x90 or x990 that I forgot they did that! Cheers! Makes so much more sense now!

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10

I would honestly not be surprised if we saw;

GTX680: $499 (Slightly better than HD7970)
GTX670: $399 (Slightly better than HD7950)
GTX660: $299 (Slightly better than HD7870)
GTX650: $199 (On par for HD7850)

Would make it really hard for AMD to compete at those price points. Keeping their equivalent cards slightly better and lower priced than AMD alternatives--by $50-80 at every price point--would seriously hurt AMD sales. Nvidia is at a huge advantage since GK104 was designed to be a mid-range GPU, and would have been priced accordingly.

Would make it really hard for AMD to compete at those price points. Keeping their equivalent cards slightly better and lower priced than AMD alternatives--by $50-80 at every price point--would seriously hurt AMD sales. Nvidia is at a huge advantage since GK104 was designed to be a mid-range GPU, and would have been priced accordingly.

Yes, in the case of a price war, NV has a huge advantage.

yea im aware this will most likely happen, but my concern was, will nvidia beat amd in efficiency against the 7800 series. and will it have a smaller die size yet perform a bit better(just like the case with the gtx680)
cuz if gk104 is as efficient as kepler can be, then the smaller chips might not see a much better performance/per watt the way we saw with pitcairn vs tahiti
because nvidia being second after amd in the release date gives them all the flexibility to place cards a bit faster than their amd counterparts and place them in the market were they please in terms of price, however it wont be a total win situation for nvidia if they end up creating a bigger and more expensive chip to manufacture compared to its direct rival.
because gk104 does that, and even if hd7970 and gtx680 had the same performance(thats assuming the worst cases considering all the second thots people might have and sli scaling and what not) nvidia is still a winner because gk104 is cheaper to manufacture than tahiti, therefor margin is better for nvidia