• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EA is Consumerist's Worst Company in America for 2012

Was EA's Golden Poo Award Justified?

• Yes, totally. I also ended up patronizing the lube industry

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • No, there were worse nominees than EA with actual potential to ruin people's lives

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • No, there are far worse companies that haven't even been nominated

Votes: 32 38.1%

• Total voters
Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
The explanation is easy, this is just like the Oscars. Many win when the Academy feels you deserve it.

For well over a decade EA has been symtematically destroying the industry and now it has reached a point where they can no longer hide under the actions of so called "eviler" companies. I wouldn't be surprised if EA was behind some of the bigger stories of the 2000s to keep themselves out of the spotlight. As a known evil company with a long term plot, it's in their best interest to "nudge" people or groups into creating media spectacles. The kind to take focus away from their trend of evil.

yangwangbrock

System Name Maximus
Processor Intel I7 2600K
Motherboard Asus Maximus Extreme - Z
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16 GB LP
Video Card(s) Asus HD 6970 Direct CU II
Storage Crucial M4 128 GB SSD; Patriot Wildfire 120 GB; Western Digital Black Cavier 1 TB
Display(s) 3 x Dell 2412M
Case Corsair Obsidian 800D
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair AX 1200
Software Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Would this be from from the Royal Bank news on Monday ?

He is referring to RBC being accused of self dealing futures - it is a trick of artificially increasing trading volume so that RBC would appear bigger in terms of trading volume, while in fact it is essentially dealing with itself. IMHO it is no where close to the atrocity Wall Street pulled.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
The explanation is easy, this is just like the Oscars. Many win when the Academy feels you deserve it.

I know what you mean. A garbage movie like "The Hurt Locker" winning the Oscars...well you cannot see that every year ;)

Processor AMD 965 BE
Motherboard MSI gd70
Cooling Koolance Exos 2.5 w/ cpu 350 block
Memory 8gb corsair Dominator ddr3 1600
Video Card(s) 2 sapphire 6870's liquid cooled
Storage 8 150 gb wd raptors in raid 0
Display(s) Acer 24in lcd
Case Thermaltake Armor lcs
Power Supply Thermaltake Tough Power 1200w
Software Win7 64 Ultimate
i have to agree. I don't think EA is the greatest but cmon! look at the fuel companies.....gasoline shouldn't cost more than 2.50 a gallon based on the price of oil.

ubisoft is hands down the worst videogame company imo.

TurdFergasun

System Name fred
Processor 3570k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard Z77-UD5H
Cooling noctua nh-c14
Memory 8gb crucial ddr3 1866
Video Card(s) xfx 6950
Storage crucial m4 256gb
Display(s) benq ew2420
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply PCPC silencer 750w v.1
The price of oil is determined by demand, and you idiots in america keep demanding more and more by producing innovative cars with efficient engines like "hemi" and massive diesel sucking trucks that get 3gallons per mile that you need to drive alone, or have an armored suv to drive your kids to soccer while texting on your phone cause your chirdren's safety is rul important to you. your collective stupidity is the reason behind it, ppl making the oil are just happy to take advantage of your ignorant consumerism. stop being ignorant, and stop getting taken advantage of. simple, there are no external factors beyond it. quit looking outside your country for the reasons you're suffering.

EA is destroying a hobby that whether you ignorant or not is being taken down the shitter by their actions either directly or indirectly. They deserve to be smeared with their own sauce.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
No, it wasn't the end of the world having to use Origin. But you miss the point. It wasn't just about BF3 and others. It was about EA's treatment of it all. Do they have a right to force everyone onto their own platform? Yes. Do gamers that actually use Steam have a right to be pissed when they remove titles from Steam for no reason and generally treat Valve like shit? Of course!

ftfy

EA deserved the hate which led to this award. The mess with Steam was only a part of it all. Origin being the mess it is, still in beta.

What is this "Steam" and "Origin" you speak of? :laugh:

Dreamcast comes, EA starts flexing their muscles. EA kills it by refusing to dev on it.

And that's one of the good things EA did to society, kill a peasant's excuse of a gaming contraption.

The response is truthful. They aren't the worst. But it is also shows their arrogance. It is a slap back at the consumer who voted in the poll. "Hey, we aren't the ones ruining the planet. Our games are award winning, therefore, you're wrong!"

There is no concept to EA of why consumers who participated on the poll voted them. Think what would be wonderful is if their stock took a dive from this. But I doubt that would happen.

ftfy, again.

D

Deleted member 67555

Wow!
EA the worst company in the world...
It's no wonder the world is so fucked when people actually choose something as trivial as a game company as the worlds worst...

I can't help but feel this brings down the world IQ by 30 points or so...
Congrats to all those that agree...Your making the world a dumber place.

Seriously EA is worse than companies that make bio/chem weapons?....
Wow just fucking wow.

Halk

System Name Desktop PC
Processor 1090T
Motherboard Crosshair IV Forumula
Cooling Arctic Freezer 7 pro
Memory 4x2GB OCZ Reaper
Video Card(s) DirectCU 580
Storage Vertex 2 120GB
Display(s) Dell 24 inch
Case Fractal Design R3
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Seasonic X 650
Software Win 7 Home Premium x64
I think this is about EA doing a bit of harm to tens if not hundreds of millions of customers. Certainly they don't do the level of harm that tobacco companies, oil companies etc do.

Additionally if it had been Halliburton instead, it'd not mean much would it? It'd just be another crack at them.

This award has seized the opportunity to say to EA that they may not kill people, but they ruin the day of more people than any other company in the world, by a large margin.

Processor Intel i7-940 @ 3.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6X58D-E
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 12GB OCZ Platinum XTC DDR3 1600mhz CL7
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780ti
Storage Revodrive X2 240GB, 5TB HDD storage
Display(s) Asus PB278Q 27''
Case Antec Lanboy Air
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Corsair HX850W
Software Windows 7 x64
You mean there won't be any of the oil that would go through my ears, mouth, nose, eye sockets, for starters? :rolleyes:

Or are you under the assumption that I'd be wearing diving gear and a helmet? Then that's not swimming then.

I'm under the assumption that the fumes damage your lungs. Some of the chemicals will pass through the skin but that'll only damage over long term exposure but you can expect some hairloss. Swimming around with your eyes open would make you blind, uncomfortable but not lethal. If you tried swallowing it you'd instantly vomit.