• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA Precision X Updated to Version 3.0.2

EVGA has today rolled out a new version (3.0.2) of its Precision X GPU overclocking software. This latest release includes a new skin (EVGA Classified), support for hardware monitoring history logging, and is bundled with the new EVGA VoltageTuner utility.

Download Precision X

Full 3.0.2 changelog

- Added "Always on top" setting to the context menu of detached hardware monitor window. When this option is disabled, hardware monitoring window can be minimized to the taskbar when it is detached from the main window

- Added hardware monitoring history logging support. Now EVGA Precision is able to save history in native RivaTuner Hardware Monitoring Log file format. The log files captured with EVGA Precision can be viewed in any text editor like Notepad or in graphics form in RivaTuner's HML file viewer (RivaTuner must be installed for viewing log files in graphics form)

- Maximum framerate target increased to 120 FPS

- Maximum length of GPU name for GPU selection buttons has been increased to 10 symbols

- Added new "Force fan speed update on each period" option to the "Fan" tab. New option may improve compatibility of software automatic fan speed control mode with some bugged display drivers, overriding manually programmed fan speed under certain conditions

- Bundled EVGA EVTune utility has been replaced with brand new EVGA VoltageTuner utility

- Added bundled EVGA Bridge utility, allowing controlling EVGA Precision via Bluetooth from Android smartphones. The bridge utility is automatically started by EVGA Precision when "Enable external access to application via Bluetooth" is ticked in advanced settings

- Fixed issue in skin engine causing boost clock marker legend to be rendered improperly under certain conditions

- Added new "EVGA Classified" skin

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Hhumas-PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU X9650 @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Motherboard Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet
Memory OCZ Platinium 2x2GB
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
Storage WD Green 500 GB , WD 500 GB
Display(s) Dell U2410F
Case Casecom
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
I love to have one blue skin

W1zzard, Y U NO release global GPU OC software that support all controllers so i wont have to screw with 3-4 different ones?
(I know you haz... trollface)
T_T

MSI Afterburner? Works on AMD and NVIDIA gfx cards. It was crap before, but latest BETA version is pretty good.

System Name HP Z400 Workstation
Processor W3550
Motherboard 1366 OEM
Cooling OEM stock heatsink/fan
Memory 12,288MB
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 660 FTW
Storage Intel SSD 180GB
Display(s) Synaps LCD 19"
Case OEM
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply OEM
Mouse yes
Keyboard eMachines
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores N/A
url / link for EVGA Precision X Updated to Version 3.0.2

This loads for me as the posted link just hung up with just the background showing. :banghead:

just a heads up.

and thank you Cristian_25H :cool:

http://www.evga.com/precision/

MSI Afterburner? Works on AMD and NVIDIA gfx cards. It was crap before, but latest BETA version is pretty good.

XFX 7850, MSI AB? freezes at startup. Trixx? no support. Asus GPU tweak? no voltage support.
Flashing HD7870 DCUII, suddenly asus GPU tweak has voltage support.

I don't need this BS, i don't wanna jerk around 5-6 softwares that each has it's own set of controllers supported.

It is not a reference card, but shares the same PCB as his bigger brother who can work just fine with the AB (same voltage controller). the XFX HD7850 is the first modern graphics card i ran into witch actually makes the AB freeze at start-up.
Wish unwinder could fix it soon.
Anyway its not the big issue, the issue as it mentioned is to deal with voltage control via software. As a reviewer (and unlike many reviewers) i owe it to my readers (till of course there's just no way and even then see the above what i done in order to get it to work).
Unfortunatly, I'm not a programmer like w1zz who can basically add it to his sorta unified control software.

Last edited:
System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
Much improved IMO.

The card functions just great, it's just MSI AB freezing and crashing on start-up. All other rest of the GPU OC tools? work perfectly fine.