• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hauppauge Launches High Definition Video Streamer

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Hauppauge Digital, Inc. has announced 'StreamEez', a high definition video streamer designed for organisations who want a simple to use, high quality video streamer to broadcast live events on the Internet.

The StreamEez 'box' connects to an HD video camera using either HDMI or Component Video, compresses the camera's video using a built-in high quality H.264 encoder into a form which is compatible with many common streaming video sites such as Ustream and Justin.TV. StreamEez then connects to a laptop computer over USB. The computer has the Hauppauge StreamEez control application installed, which makes a connection to the streaming Internet web site.

StreamEez is based on the same high quality video encoders which were developed for Hauppauge's popular line of HD video recorders, Colossus and HD PVR. StreamEez requires a small laptop computer to act as the video server, a HD video camera which has HDMI or Component Video output, the SteamEez device plus an Internet connection and an account with a streaming video site such as Ustream or Justin.TV. All encoding and formatting of the high definition video signal is done inside StreamEez, making the video transmission the highest quality possible.

Since most organisations streaming live events store the video equipment between broadcasts, StreamEez is designed to make set up and removal fast. The StreamEez device is in a rugged housing and connects to the laptop PC via a USB cable. And because it is based on well-proven hardware encoding technology, the best possible video stream is created with the lowest possible bit rates making for a better end user experience.

StreamEez is compatible with several popular video streaming sites, and uses standard protocols such as RTMP. Pricing on the StreamEez 'box' and Windows based application software starts at £299.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Why cant I find any info on this thing? :(

Trouffman

Because they 'announced it', and it's not really ready yet ^^
I do want support for livestream tho ;) princing is interesting as it's lower than most actual solutions

powerline777

Is that really the right pricing?

If so I want it now. Any idea on where I can order up?