• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PQI Announces the PQI Air Card Wi-Fi Memory Card with Flexible Capacity

PQI simultaneously announced and globally launched the Air Card Wi-Fi Memory Card today. The PQI Air Card represents the next in wireless revolution that incorporates the latest Wi-Fi technology into a traditional memory card. The Air Card enables "instant sharing" anytime and anywhere without the need for annoying wires or a PC card reader. In a few simple steps, files can be immediately shared with an unprecedented convenience unseen in previous technology.

PQI recognizes that everyone is a world traveler. Following technological advancement, there is an increasing desire to share our everyday lives with friends and family through photo and video journals over the Internet. When combining the PQI Air Card with the latest digital cameras (DSC/DSLR), you can instantly upload files to your preferred cloud storage service.

The Air Card is the only product that features both Wi-Fi connectivity and a microSD card slot with up to a 32 GB capacity and Class 10 support. It supports the Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n interface. Simply insert the PQI Air Card into a digital camera memory card slot to automatically turn on the Wi-Fi along with the camera. This simple technology can also automatically connect to the PQI "AirCard+" app (available in the iOS App Store and Android's Google Play) on smartphones, tablets, or other mobile devices for instant file sharing with up to three simultaneous connections. Easily share your most precious moments anytime and anywhere with the PQI Air Card.

The Wi-Fi era has arrived. PQI will continue to launch a series of wireless PQI Air products and looks forward to bringing people closer through convenient, wireless technology.

PQI Air Card Specifications

Interface: SDA、WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Dimensions: 32 x 24 x 2.1 (mm)
Weight: 2 g
Software: Dedicated Mobile App: AirCard+
Capacity: Support microSDHC (4 GB ~ 32 GB)
Warranty: 1 Year

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Now this is a brilliant idea and kicks EyeFi's ass as far as I'm concerned

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
Eye-Fi doesn't have CF support even if CF is falling out of favor. Eye-Fi also doesn't have 802.11ac support. Since this doesn't address any of this either I don't see much of a diffence.

Eye-Fi doesn't have CF support even if CF is falling out of favor. Eye-Fi also doesn't have 802.11ac support. Since this doesn't address any of this either I don't see much of a diffence.

As for CF support you can use a SD to CF adapter and the Eye-Fi works with camera's supporting CF as well. As for 802.11ac support I am sure Eye-Fi will soon add support for that standard on next upgrade. :rockout:

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
As for CF support you can use a SD to CF adapter and the Eye-Fi works with camera's supporting CF as well. As for 802.11ac support I am sure Eye-Fi will soon add support for that standard on next upgrade. :rockout:

Thanks but yes I am aware of this since I currently use a CF adapter for my current Eye-Fi model. Its not a supported configuration for a reason and the CF adapter can cut down on the range even if you modify the outer casing. File corruption also isn’t unheard of (although I have not had a corrupted file yet).

However, my point is that neither solution provides this CF support so I fail to see the advantage of the new PQI solution. Likewise with respect to 802.11ac support.

THe removable mem storage of the PQI is interesting though,....not overly so but interesting,...