• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Delivers the GeForce 301.42 WHQL Driver

System Name Obelisc
Processor i7 3770k @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling H110
Memory 16GB(4x4) @ 2400 MHz 9-11-11-31
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti
Storage 850 EVO 1TB, 2x 5TB Toshiba
Case T81
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply EVGA 850 T2 80+ TITANIUM
Software Win10 64bit
Hmm sorry to hear that. This driver IS miraculous on my GTX460 and Skyrim. I am getting 10% better fps on average, more than that on lower frames, which is pure win and better yet, at similar fps it feels a lot smoother than before. I don't know what it's doing but it works.

Before this one I was using the Skyrim specific drivers that Nvidia released some time ago. I'm using dozens of model and texture mods (Bethsoft HD pack included) and a few graphics enhancing mods, ENBseries shader package being the most notable one. With previous drivers I had to mod the hell out of the ENBseries (read substantially lower settings) in order to make it work at acceptable frames on my card, while still looking nice. That means tweaking until frames are 45+ fps in 99% of cases, and 60+ in 90% of cases, because Skyrim runs like real crap below certain fps due to the way that mouse input works (old engine). Of course there is still places where I would get lower frames and I know/remember those places very well (probably because I spent several minutes if not a couple hours tweaking ENB in those places), so I've tried those places after the driver update and miracle, not only do I get 3-5 extra frames but lower than 50 fps now feels a lot smoother, where it would previously feel like a slideshow.

So that is my experience with these drivers. It's the best driver improvement I've ever seen, at least game specific. I can only talk about Skyrim because I don't currently play anything else, but I would recommend this one to those with a GTX460 and playing Skyrim and I guess people with similar cards will get similar results. Or not because it's maybe specific to my mod selction and settings, who knows. At least give it a try.

Similar mod situation, but 27.7 FPS both before and after on the same scene with my 580. Maybe it's more certain areas? Idk. Between my extensive mods and further nvidia inspector settings I'm doubtful anything will really get it to run smoother at this point. Looks fantastic though.