• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No More Monthly AMD Catalyst Updates?

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Well ,as you know, I have dual 5850's here, still getting cursor corruption and crazy flicker on secondary monitors, worse tha nmy 6-series cards. For a product on the market for nearly 3 years, that's unacceptable for a high-end user like myself. To be honest, I have resigned myself to the fact that since it's been 3 years this issue has existed, there must be something wrong with the hardware itself, and there's nothing I can do about that. I wish I would have known about this long ago, and wasn't stuck waiting for a fix that will never come for a very expensive purchase i made becuase i thought AMD could deliver.

I even offered to ship the whole rig to AMD at my expense. It's not like I got a shortage of hardware.

Anyway, i thought the whole point of AMD adding the APP to the driver package was so that driver updates were no longer neccesary, and in lieu of driver updates, just a new APP was required. That, to me, is a very viable alternative, to release APPs every month, and core driver updates when needed. However, the core driver is still broken for me.

I will beleive after the driver comes out, and I get to test it. I've been waiting for such since the 5870 launch in 2009, nearly 3 years ago. This bit of info in itself validates everything I posted about above. If AMD can finally fix this issue..both on my 5850's, and 6950's, then I will be happy. But they said it woudl be fixed inteh past, and it wasn't, so I will not be so quick to trust them this time, and waiting 3 years for such a fix is just...crazy...:eek:

Looks like any multi monitor users pre 7k series that are having trouble are pretty much screwed. That being said, AMD just came out with this! http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3EBB ...Well, it's no longer Catalyst Crew Feedback anyways. :ohwell: At least it looks like they are making changes, hopefully this time they will be for the good. Hopefully. *Looks like Bta just put up a new article on it.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Looks like any multi monitor users pre 7k series that are having trouble are pretty much screwed. That being said, AMD just came out with this! http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3EBB ...Well, it's no longer Catalyst Crew Feedback anyways. :ohwell: At least it looks like they are making changes, hopefully this time they will be for the good. Hopefully. *Looks like Bta just put up a new article on it.

Yeah, it's headed in the right direction, I guess. Like I said earlier, I thought the whole point of the APP profiles was so they could move in this direction, so there no big deal with that in itself.

The issue, for me, is quite specifically the issues revolving around multi-monitor use, a thing that they use to market their cards.

If they cannot get it working on older cards, I almsot feel as though i shoudl get a refund, or free upgrade, so I can get ahrdware that DOESN'T have these issues. I did not buy 5-series and 6-series cards for single-monitor use...I bought them for Eyefinity, and that is currently stil lbroken, as admitted in the news posting.

And becuase they admit this is problem, and that it might not work for earlier cards, this is bad news for me. It's not like I'm complaining about unreal problems...these are problems, obviously, that AMD recognize exists.

The new feedback form is good..I was using the old one every month anyway.

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
I think this is a good thing really. Kinda sucks AMD/ATI putting out new drivers every month any way. They should be able to put out one set of kickass drivers and adress problems as they come there way. Like nVidia does. Always putting out new drivers every month seems a bit redundant and modaine. How much performance can one card give any way?

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
they didnt make a comment on app profiles, so imho they have already made the mechanism for rapid support deployment , without the need to change drivers .

and shit i agree with trickson:D:p

System Name CUBE_NXT
Processor i9 12900K @ 5.0Ghz all P-cores with E-cores enabled
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master
Cooling EK AIO Elite Cooler w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Memory 64GB DDR5 @ 5600Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 3090Ti Ultra Hybrid Gaming w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Storage 1 x SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB, 1 x 2TB, 1 x WD_BLACK SN850 2TB, 1 x WD_RED SN700 4TB
Display(s) Alienware AW3418DW
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 1000W Titanium
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Now you sound like a Nvidia fanboy.Only Nvidia fanboys says that AMD drivers suck.

Not even close. I have to put up with AMD FirePros while I'm at work along with their requisite shit drivers.

Nothing drives me up the wall faster than all the crap I have to deal with that damndable user interface that Catalyst driver has. It's so unintuitive and there's at least 3 menus/options you have to memorize to get all of the settings. They're not just a centralized in a single menu or list like they were for nVidia drivers down the left hand side. You can't even adjust per application performance or settings from the Drivers themselves. Not to mention the hardware itself is complete crap for using Unigraphics NX with. FirePros excel with Solidworks but not Unigraphics. Though that last part is the company's fault for skimping on a good GPU for us to use.

pjladyfox

System Name Eternal
Processor AMD Phenom II 955
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
Cooling Corsair H50 water cooling system
Memory 8GB Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon HD 5870
Storage Seagate 7200.10 250GB SATA2, 7200.11 750GB SATA2, and 7200.10 500GB SATA2
Display(s) SAMSUNG 245BW 24" LCD
Case Antec Three Hundred - custom mnpctech.com
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC889 onboard sound
Power Supply Corsair HX620
Software Windows 7 Home 64-bit Retail
^GeForce drivers come much more frequently if you include the betas.

My last four graphics cards have been AMD branded, and I was on the fence regarding what camp to go with for my next card, but this news pushes me back to the side of the green team. First AMD said their would be no Catalyst updates for cards below the 5000 series for Windows 8 aside from what comes on the disc, their failure to compete with Intel x86 CPU's on the high end, failure to hold onto their price/performance crown on the CPU and GPU side, too little focus on the CPU side of their APU's, and now this.

Graphics division aside, AMD has a very hard time focusing on more than one product/division at a time post-Hector. I'm no longer impressed with AMD.

*smh*

I've been a longtime user of AMD/ATI hardware in my systems for a long time (last Intel system was a RAMBUS P4 setup) but this year has been nothing but disappointment outside of the Fusion/APU group. The only thing I can think of is that they had to do this because all the folks that were responsible for helping to maintain the monthly driver updates are either due to be outsourced/terminated or already have been.

I've also worked professionally with some great people over at AMD/ATI and it's news like this that really saddens me since I know they've got some amazingly brilliant people over there. Now I'm sitting here humming "Where has the old AMD/ATI gone" to the song "where have all the good guys gone" or something similar. :(

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I think this is a good thing really. Kinda sucks AMD/ATI putting out new drivers every month any way. They should be able to put out one set of kickass drivers and adress problems as they come there way. Like nVidia does. Always putting out new drivers every month seems a bit redundant and modaine. How much performance can one card give any way?

it would allow them to QA the drivers a lil better too because they are not on a time crunch to release them every month

Not even close. I have to put up with AMD FirePros while I'm at work along with their requisite shit drivers.

Nothing drives me up the wall faster than all the crap I have to deal with that damndable user interface that Catalyst driver has. It's so unintuitive and there's at least 3 menus/options you have to memorize to get all of the settings. They're not just a centralized in a single menu or list like they were for nVidia drivers down the left hand side. You can't even adjust per application performance or settings from the Drivers themselves. Not to mention the hardware itself is complete crap for using Unigraphics NX with. FirePros excel with Solidworks but not Unigraphics. Though that last part is the company's fault for skimping on a good GPU for us to use.

You ever enabled advanced options for them. I did that for the 6770 here

NVs UI i found very confusing to use

System Name CUBE_NXT
Processor i9 12900K @ 5.0Ghz all P-cores with E-cores enabled
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master
Cooling EK AIO Elite Cooler w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Memory 64GB DDR5 @ 5600Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 3090Ti Ultra Hybrid Gaming w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Storage 1 x SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB, 1 x 2TB, 1 x WD_BLACK SN850 2TB, 1 x WD_RED SN700 4TB
Display(s) Alienware AW3418DW
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 1000W Titanium
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
You ever enabled advanced options for them. I did that for the 6770 here

NVs UI i found very confusing to use

Of course I did. If anything that complicated the user interface even more. To get to Options 1-5, click on button A. To get to Options 6 - 10, go find Menu item B-4 on the other side of the window even though those two options should be inexorably linked.

It's a horrible layout altogether, to speak nothing of the anemic hardware and poor software optimizations.

System Name My Surround PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS STRIX X670E-F
Cooling Swiftech MCP35X / EK Quantum CPU / Alphacool GPU / XSPC 480mm w/ Corsair Fans
Memory 96GB (2 x 48 GB) G.Skill DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Suprim X 24GB
Storage WD SN850 2TB, 2 x 512GB Samsung PM981a, 4 x 4TB HGST NAS HDD for Windows Storage Spaces
Display(s) 2 x Viotek GFI27QXA 27" 4K 120Hz + LG UH850 4K 60Hz + HMD
Case NZXT Source 530
Audio Device(s) Sony MDR-7506 / Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x 1 kW
Mouse Patriot Viper V560
Keyboard Corsair K100
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Mellanox ConnectX-3 10 Gb/s Fiber Network Card
I am no nvidia fan, but drivers later to 12.3 screwed my 5870 + eyefinity and killed internet video playback. And now no regular updates? pfffffff.

NVidia drivers 301.42 screwed up my GTX 470 Surround setup as well, so at least to me it's not really clear that one driver team is better than the other when it comes to multi-monitor. The 296 driver works well, but it doesn't have all the extra features like the 301 driver did. I'm hoping this new drivers causing old multi-monitor setups to break isn't a trend for NVidia as well.

System Name Thakk
Processor i7 6700k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Z170N ITX
Cooling H55 AIO
Memory 32GB DDR4 3100 c16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080 Trinity
Storage Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / Intel 250GB SSD / Samsung Pro 512 SSD / 3TB Seagate SV32
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 100hz IPS Gsync / HTC Vive
Case QBX
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 > Creative Gigaworks T40 > AKG Q701
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Ducky Shine TKL MX Blue + Vortex PBT Doubleshots
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12108888
Now you sound like a Nvidia fanboy.Only Nvidia fanboys says that AMD drivers suck.

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
System Name Whaaaat Kiiiiiiid!
Processor Intel Core i9-12900K @ Default
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Elite AX
Cooling Corsair H150i AIO Cooler
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA @ Default
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512GB + Crucial MX500 2TB x3 + Crucial MX500 4TB + Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
Display(s) 27" LG 27MU67-B 4K, + 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P
Case Thermaltake Core X9 Snow
Audio Device(s) Logitech G935 Headset
Power Supply SeaSonic Platinum 1050W Snow Silent
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXV: 19329
i personally love this idea, however they need to make a definitions database like that of a anti-virus program, this update practice will work flawlesssly, and they already have the perfect candidate software for this practice.... the CAPs

System Name RyZen FX
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling DeepCool AK400 Zero Dark Plus
Memory Corsair CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 X2 32gig dual channel
Video Card(s) ASUS RX 7700XT TUF OC
Storage x2 Lexar SSD NM710 2TB 2XSeagate 1Terrabyte 1x Seagate 2 Terrabyte
Display(s) 40 Inch Samsung HDTV (monitor)
Case HAF-X:)
Audio Device(s) AMD/HDMI to Onkyo HT-R508 Receiver
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Power Supply
Software Windows 10 Pro X64
Meh hes new man. He has no idea the massive debates that have been had on here about this. No one thinks Nvidias drivers are perfect. I damn sure don't. But as of LATELY they are leaps and bounds better then AMD.

Anyway BAF92 welcome to the forums man.

If you do nothing but game on a single monitor you have been lucky. For those of us who work and or have more then a generation old card AMD drivers have sucked since they laid off the driver team. This is a fact MANY on here will attest to. As for me behaving like a kid......what because I don't share the same opinion as you I'm a child? How mature.

How can you have issues? According to Dent1 AMD drivers are perfect.

Well said mailman,Gee was not to long ago I said the same thing(Jan2012) Of AMD drivers..but wait the last 5 months of been a pain is the ass with crossfire breaking for no reason,My HDMI AMD sound going out when i switch from cable to game on my AV receiver...all because AMD is starting to look bad as a whole.I`m stuck with them though ,my wallet can not afford a dual jump with Intel/AMD or AMD/Nvidia...Why i like some users here they do both which makes for a good view between them.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Of course I did. If anything that complicated the user interface even more. To get to Options 1-5, click on button A. To get to Options 6 - 10, go find Menu item B-4 on the other side of the window even though those two options should be inexorably linked.

It's a horrible layout altogether, to speak nothing of the anemic hardware and poor software optimizations.

well instead of ranting and crying about it here, use the suggestions at AMDs site.

Processor i5 4670K - @ 4.8GHZ core
Motherboard MSI Z87 G43
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 *(Modded to fit on this motherboard)
Memory 16GB 2400MHZ
Video Card(s) HD7970 GHZ edition Sapphire
Storage Samsung 120GB 850 EVO & 4X 2TB HDD (Seagate)
Display(s) 42" Panasonice LED TV @120Hz
Case Corsair 200R
Audio Device(s) Xfi Xtreme Music with Hyper X Core
Power Supply Cooler Master 700 Watts
killing is one thing, but some AMD users feel already dead with problems that are over 3 YEARS OLD.
Hell, why should an HD7970 user suffer from things that HD5870 users suffered from 3 years ago like cursor bugs.
As a reviewer that has worked with dozens of graphics cards i can say for a FACT that i ran into much less issues with NVIDIA's graphics cards. There, you have it.

BTW, the irony is that i bumped into this topic while helping a friend over skype swap his drivers while the current one is eating his HD6870 alive with constant 99% load. (again, a 2 year old problem).

Last edited:
Processor i5 4670K - @ 4.8GHZ core
Motherboard MSI Z87 G43
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 *(Modded to fit on this motherboard)
Memory 16GB 2400MHZ
Video Card(s) HD7970 GHZ edition Sapphire
Storage Samsung 120GB 850 EVO & 4X 2TB HDD (Seagate)
Display(s) 42" Panasonice LED TV @120Hz
Case Corsair 200R
Audio Device(s) Xfi Xtreme Music with Hyper X Core
Power Supply Cooler Master 700 Watts
killing is one thing, but some AMD users feel already dead with problems that are over 3 YEARS OLD.

HAHAHHAA - Really ? :D So your prefere a direct lose of $300 hardware is better than a 10 minute issue...

Hell, why should an HD7970 user suffer from things that HD5870 users suffered from 3 years ago like cursor bugs.
As a reviewer that has worked with dozens of graphics cards i can say for a FACT that i ran into much less issues with NVIDIA's graphics cards. There, you have it.

BTW, the irony is that i bumped into this topic while helping a friend over skype swap his drivers while the current one is eating his HD6870 alive with constant 99% load. (again, a 2 year old problem).

Trust me, i never had the cursor bug that you are talking about.
My system specs are as below,
Q6600 @ 3.6 GHZ | HD 5850 @ 950 MHZ GPU - 1000 MHZ - RAM | 8 GB RAM | 650 Watts PSU | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I don't say that you are not facing the issue, but your argument of hardware dying is fine but small quirk aren't is way beyond my head.

EDIT: You should completely wipe the Graphic driver of your friend's HD6870 using driver sweeper and do the fresh installation, that should do the trick.

pjladyfox

System Name Eternal
Processor AMD Phenom II 955
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
Cooling Corsair H50 water cooling system
Memory 8GB Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon HD 5870
Storage Seagate 7200.10 250GB SATA2, 7200.11 750GB SATA2, and 7200.10 500GB SATA2
Display(s) SAMSUNG 245BW 24" LCD
Case Antec Three Hundred - custom mnpctech.com
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC889 onboard sound
Power Supply Corsair HX620
Software Windows 7 Home 64-bit Retail
Honetly in a lot of cases the old drivers end up being better for different games.. It's like making crysis run worse so metro 2033 can run better. Also I have seen drivers desroy video cards. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind.

It's funny that this is mentioned since running older PC's, especially for those PC games that used 3DFX cards, is a hobby of mine. Before I got laid off from my last job when I had spare time I used to fuss with Mechwarrior 3 in order to try and get it working on a modern video card.

After a LOT of work I found that as long as you used the Catalyst 9.12 drivers, as well as a modified DLL, that you could get the game running on an ATI card up to the HD 3870 . Why they broke this functionality, and broke Crimson Skies support at the same time, I STILL do not know. But for some reason NVIDIA cards, while they were broken for awhile, fixed the issue starting with the 258.96 drivers.

While I'm sympathetic to hardware makers regarding supporting a particular game/application I don't understand why they have to break compatibility with older software and meanwhile leave us holding the bag and trying to figure out at what point things stopped working. The least they could do would be to add in the patch notes something like "had to break x to fix y" so that users could decide if they wish to upgrade or not.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
So your prefere a direct lose of $300 hardware is better than a 10 minute issue...

Yes. That's what warranties are for, and without an outright death, it's not likely that this issue will ever be fixed. In fact, because I have been dealing with said issue for near 3 years, I KNOW it won't get fixed, and there are literal hundreds of thousands of users out there, if not millions, with product that say that they support Eyefintiy, but actually, they do not, at all.

You know, I got these three monitors, and when launching a 3D app, one monitor goes to sleep. I have to turn off the power, then turn it back on, and hope that it works, which doesn't happen about 60% of the time. THat is NOT a working product.

Then, just normal use, move cursor from one monitor to the next, and it turns into a garbled mess.

DO i know what the problem really is? YES. Have I known for years? YES. And is this news posting the first time AMD has openly admitted that it's an issue? YES.

I literally posted years ago saying that the Display output design of the 5-series cards was broken, and that using differnt display output interfaces was the source of the issue. And here we sit years later, with AMD finally saying the same thing.

As I posted earlier, the fix, is hardware they were supposed to release, but never did. IT's a external box that provides a singular display output that prevents all these issues with timings that are occuring, and such a basic thing, to me, that it is astounding to me that AMD has decided to not fix the problem correctly.

Now to sum it all up, if this issue was killing cards, you can probably guarantee it'd be fixed by now, as the loss to AMD for dealing with such an issue would be too great. But because it doesn't kill cards, here I sit, for years, waiting for a fix for a PC I spent $5000 on like three years ago.

And my current $6000 PC? OH, yeah, it has issues as well. I coud have bought new VGAs in the past few weeks...I bought a new U2412M monitor, a i7 3820 and a i7 3770K, an OCZ Nocti mSATA drive....all that cash I would have gladly spent on a couple of HD7950 3 GB cards.

But I didn't, becuase AMD has failed me with the past 2 generation of products. I've been burnt by them so bad, I won't buy GTX670's, either, until I know 1000% for sure that multi-monitor issues are a thing of the past.

I have ZERO confidence in AMD as a company, as a result of them failing to deliver properly functioning hardware as they have promised.

I will say though, that an AMD rep took the time to call me after so many bug reports, and ask me exactly what the issue was. I'm not sure how they got my phone number, but call they did.

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512GB + Crucial MX500 2TB x3 + Crucial MX500 4TB + Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro

i have a hd6870 AND an HD7970, ive never even known about these issues nor have i ever had them.... ive also had low end cards like the HD2400PRO X1900 and the HD4450

and i use both my hd7970 and 6870 on the same motherboard to fold.... so they are at 100% 24/7 and no problems

edit: i also do alot of gaming... either youve had bad cards or you dont know how to take care of your things

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
i have a hd6870 AND an HD7970, ive never even known about these issues nor have i ever had them.... ive also had low end cards like the HD2400PRO X1900 and the HD4450

and i use both my hd7970 and 6870 on the same motherboardto fold.... so they are at 100% 24/7 and no problems

You have about 6 members on this forum (two staff) that are telling you the same issues with AMD cards. Now you have AMD admitting these SAME ISSUES yet your situation is the norm? Come on man. :rolleyes:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
You have about 6 members on this forum (two staff) that are telling you the same issues with AMD cards. Now you have AMD admitting these SAME ISSUES yet your situation is the norm? Come on man. :rolleyes:

Dude, the AMD rep that posted this info said that they knew of the issue, and had a driver to fix it? saying there's no issue with AMD's hardware when AMD admits there is, and has even developed a driver to try to fix it...uh...yeah...oh, and that driver should be out in a week or so?

I WANT IT NAOW!!! It has been three bloody years!!!!

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Dude, the AMD rep that posted this info said that they knew of the issue, and had a driver to fix it? saying there's no issue with AMD's hardware when AMD admits there is...uh...yeah...

I know, I know. Yet people are still in denial on AMD driver support.

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro

im a programmer myself... i troubleshoot things easy if problems ever come up however i have had zero issues with my hd7970 or any of my previous cards, except for the HD4450 driver making youtube a green screen

cadaveca

My name is Dave
im a programmer myself... i troubleshoot things easy if problems ever come up however i have had zero issues with my hd7970 or any of my previous cards, except for the HD4450 driver making youtube a green screen

I'm actually very glad you have no issues, but here's a list from AMD itself on some issues they have JUST fixed with 7-series cards, even though the cards have been out for near 6 months:

•AMD Radeon™ HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Tri-CrossFire™ configurations + Eyefinity BSOD when launching a DirectX application.
•AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Eyefinity/Multiple Display configurations BSOD when using desktop applications.
•AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 cards hang when system goes to sleep.
Tearing on Eyefinity configurations when different display connector types are used.
•Poor Elder Scrolls: Skyrim CrossFire scaling seen in AMD Catalyst 12.4 (back to CrossFire scaling found in AMD Catalyst 12.3).
•AMD Catalyst Control Center – intermittently missing Overdrive page.
•AMD Catalyst Control Center – missing GPU Activity gauge.
•AMD Radeon HD 7900 CrossFire Configuration – system hang after cinematic in Call of Duty: Black Ops.
•Crysis 2 -random system hangs when run in DirectX 9 mode.
•Heroes and Generals: Blocky corruption in scenes with smoke effects when run in DirectX 11 mode.
Disabled HDMI audio when the connected HDTV is powered Off/On.

nope, there have been no problems..none. :laugh:

I mean, it's no big deal, really. Just some users have spent thousands on Eyefinity configs, only to have them BSOD. NO big deal at all!

Those are some big issues, and it's nice to see they are fixed. But here they are working on new cards, when they haven't fixed issues with cards two generations old. As far as I am concerned, this is why they fired so many people in that department