• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ECS Also Provides Sneak-Peek of its GeForce GTX 680 Black Series Graphics Card

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
The new GTX680 Black Series graphics card from Elitegroup (ECS) combines graphics power, rock solid reliability, low noise and tweakability in one unbeatable package. Screaming fast graphics performance and innovative thermal design means it won't even break a sweat running the lastest games, and it's ready for the next generation, too. GTX680 harnesses the raw power of the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 GPU, backed by the stability of ECS Nonstop Certification. Combine the GTX680 with an ECS Black Series motherboard for the ultimate gaming platform.

The GTX680's ECS Nonstop Certification delivers a hassle-free computing experience by solving common PC hardware problems before they can even occur, protecting gamers from crashes, instability and poor performance. This graphics card can be relied on for stability and reliability far into the future, thanks to a military-level assault course of tests that checks and stresses critical components for 72 hours straight and at temperatures up to 50º C (122º F) - far stricter than common industry standards. This is combined with the highest quality components and shielding. Nonstop boards use solid capacitors throughout, and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Protection circuitry, to ensure long lifetimes with unsurpassed reliability. ECS, one of the world's largest manufacturers of high-performance PC components, is throwing its full engineering weight and decades of experience behind this much-needed move to greater reliability.

A specifically designed five heatpipe cooler ensures much better heat dissipation than previous generation graphics cards. Dual fans move heat away from the card with maximum efficiency, keeping the GTX680 Black Series running even under the heaviest graphics loads. The gold-plated aluminum upper cover not only looks great, but also provides far more effective heat dissipation than competing graphics cards that use cheap plastic covers, which can actually trap heat inside the card. Gold plated components are the perfect match for ECS Golden motherboards, and contacts with extra-thick gold plating provide even greater resistance to wear and corrosion, prolonging product life still further.

The GTX680 Black Series is already blazing fast, but for true high-end users, the specially-designed ECS tweaking utility allows enthusiasts to squeeze every last drop of performance out of the GTX680 by individually setting and adjusting the GPU clock speed and the memory clock speed. ECS Black Series' reliability and manufacturing excellence, backed by some of the toughest testing in the industry, ensures there's plenty of headroom for hard core gamers to unlock extra power from the GTX680.

The ECS GTX680 Black Series holds a massive 2048 MB of screaming fast 6008 MHz DDR 5 memory with an ultra-wide 256-bit memory bus driven by the raw power of the newest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 GPU running at 1040MHz. The super fast PCI-E 3.0 interface keeps the bandwidth high and graphics data flowing without bottlenecks even during intense gaming. Multiple display support for up to 4 displays comes from dual-link DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort output.

The latest technology standards are supported, including Microsoft DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0, and OpenGL 4.2. The board is NVIDIA PhysX-Ready for true-to-life game physics, with NVIDIA CUDA technology to accelerate the most demanding system tasks - such as video encoding - delivering up to 7x performance over traditional CPUs, and there's also NVIDIA PureVideoTM HD support for astoundingly vivid HD video and movie playback. Standout features in the new GTX 680 GPU include two new Anti-aliasing Modes, FXAA and TXAA, for smoother graphics with a minimal performance impact, SMX Power Efficiency, GPU Boost, up to 3 cards in SLI mode, NVIDIA 3D Vision and 3D Vision Surround, and Adaptive VSync.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name My Gaming System
Processor Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX)
Cooling Custom Full System Water cooling Loop
Memory G.Skill 1866 Mhz Sniper 8 Gb
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ti SC
Storage Samsung SSD EVO 120GB - Samsung SSD EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS W246H - 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD
Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Modular PSU
Software Windows 8.1 Home Primeum
So what the heck is the extra gold fingures connections for on this card. Look at the picture it appears that the PCI connection is split and longer then a normal connection. Unless this is a doctored picture and a sloppy on at that?

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Nice! Will look great in my ECS Golden Board Z77H2-AX!!!

(board review will be up next week. ;))

System Name ASAS
Processor Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.2 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3
Cooling Scythe Ashura
Memory Patriot 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 T1 @ 1.5V
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Gaming
Storage Samsung 830 256GB + Samsung Spinpoint T133 HD400LJ 400GB
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster EX1920
Case Bitfenix Ghost
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC889
Power Supply Seasonic S12II-620 Bronze 620W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
So what the heck is the extra gold fingures connections for on this card. Look at the picture it appears that the PCI connection is split and longer then a normal connection. Unless this is a doctored picture and a sloppy on at that?

Those won't be on the final product.

System Name My Gaming System
Processor Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX)
Cooling Custom Full System Water cooling Loop
Memory G.Skill 1866 Mhz Sniper 8 Gb
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ti SC
Storage Samsung SSD EVO 120GB - Samsung SSD EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS W246H - 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD
Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Modular PSU
Software Windows 8.1 Home Primeum
Those won't be on the final product.

I sure hope not. Anyway The specs look good on this card. Will be interesting.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
"This graphics card can be relied on for stability and reliability far into the future, thanks to a military-level assault course of tests that checks and stresses critical components for 72 hours straight and at temperatures up to 50º C (122º F)"

Oh my, 50 WHOLE C, well my mind it put to ease knowing that my gfx card can survive what a stock card idles at. I can safely put my rig next to the window where the sunlight sometimes hits it, and as long as it's off, I should be just fine. :laugh:

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
That's ambient temperature, not the working temp of the card itself.;)

LOL... the word 'ambient' is noticeably missing there. I see temperatures and immediately think "CHIPS!" :toast:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
LOL... the word 'ambient' is noticeably missing there. I see temperatures and immediately think "CHIPS!" :toast:

I've spent some considerable time talking to ECS about what they are bringing to market, over the past several months. Many things from them are being tweaked to meet the needs of enthusiasts, and this extra stability testing, part of the "Non-Stop" technology, is just a small part of a much bigger plan.

I'm actually kinda excited to see it all come together, to be honest.

Processor 8700k Intel
Motherboard z370 MSI Godlike Gaming
Cooling Triple Aquacomputer AMS Copper 840 with D5
Memory TridentZ RGB G.Skill C16 3600MHz
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 Ti
Storage Crucial MX SSDs
Display(s) Dell U3011 2560x1600 + Dell 2408WFP 1200x1920 (Portrait)
Case Core P5 Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) Essence STX
Power Supply AX 1500i
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win10
I've spent some considerable time talking to ECS about what they are bringing to market, over the past several months. Many things from them are being tweaked to meet the needs of enthusiasts, and this extra stability testing, part of the "Non-Stop" technology, is just a small part of a much bigger plan.

I'm actually kinda excited to see it all come together, to be honest.

Dave you are the reason we can have nice things, you always give awesome feedback to both users and manufacturers.

Can I internet hugz you? :)

I'm very interested to see how this card will retail.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Thanks for the support, but really, I don't have that much influence...yet. There are a couple of OEMs out there that do listen directly to what I comment about, and have made changes based on my requests, but more than likely those changes have happened because I am not the only one who has done so. Really, those of use that do reviews are kind of a united front for consumer advocacy, and really, that's why I do reivews...I just try to relate what you guys tell me you want.

Thank you, cadaveca, for pointing this out. Some of us live in very hot climates, and most processing chips do not go well with high ambient temperatures. It's great to see that some companies are taking a step in the right direction. :)

SuperSonic X 316

Processor Intel i5 3570k
Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE
Cooling Zalman CNPS10X Performa
Memory G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 Vapor-X 2GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
Display(s) ASUS VH226H
Case Cooler Master 690 II Advanced
Power Supply Zalman ZM-600HP
I prefer the simple designs most of the time; looks great.

theonedub

habe fidem
System Name Erakith || AsRock NUCS
Processor AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX ES (32c/64t 3.5ghz@1.02v) || Intel i7 1360P Raptor Lake-P
Motherboard MSI X399 MEG Creation || AsRock OE
Cooling EK Supremacy TR4 Full Nickel, D5 w/ EK Top, 2X EK-CoolStream XTX 360 & Photon 270 Res || OE
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4 3000|| 2x16GB Corsair DDR4
Video Card(s) Vega 64 EK FC|| Intel Iris Xe
Storage 250gb WD Black NVMe & (2) 2TB Intel 660p NVMe || 2TB Corsair MP600 Pro
Display(s) 34" Dell Ultrasharp U3415W
Case CaseLabs Merlin SM8 || Aluminum Unibody
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB w/ Cherry MX Silent
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 || WIndows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores WCG & F@H Only
So it looks as though there are two different fans on the heatsink- can't remember which other cooler used two different fans (thinking one of the ASUS Direct Cu cards).